PDA

View Full Version : If the news gets any better I won't be able to stand it!!!!

Sooner24
11/20/2008, 08:50 AM
http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111908aaa.html

The future is so bright it's blinding me!!!

8timechamps
11/20/2008, 10:39 AM
I wonder if Capel will move him to Forward (although, he may be a little big)?

This class is shaping up to be a good one!

Fitzgerald C (Rivals 4 star)
Mason-Griffin PG (Rivals 4 star)

And now Gallon C (Rivals 4 Star)

Well done!

oumartin
11/20/2008, 11:14 AM
ranked #8 by rivals I believe

stoopified
11/20/2008, 11:18 AM
I wonder if Capel will move him to Forward (although, he may be a little big)?

This class is shaping up to be a good one!

Fitzgerald C (Rivals 4 star)
Mason-Griffin PG (Rivals 4 star)

And now Gallon C (Rivals 4 Star)

Well done!I don't think Gallon is likely to play forward with that 300 pound bulk.You forgot Kyle Hardrick(6'8 230) is also in this class.

Imagine this matchup next year in scrimmages:

Veterans:

f- Patillo 6'6
f- Wright 6'9
c- Allen 6'11
g- Warren 6'4
g- Crocker 6'6

The Frosh
f- Hardrick 6'8
f- Alexander 6'8
c- Gallon 6'9
g- Mason-Griffin 5'10
g- Pledger 6'5

Granted their could be a different combination among veterans BUT just picture the overall level of talent on the floor and the fierceness of a scrimmage.I think a true all-out scrimmage might be worthy of a ticket.I don't have a clue who would win but assume that the veterans having played and practiced together might have the edge.

Yes indeed,grab your sunglasses,the OU baseketball future is bright.I am a little leery of having typed those words because they are eerly similar to how I felt when KS signed his last class: Crocker,Clark,and the Trampoline Three(-Reynolds,Mayfield,James,so named because of the way they BOUNCED outta here so quickly).Assuming Capel has not done anything Kelvin-like and doesn't leave anytime soon,I am almost giddy about what he can accomplish in the future.

IronHorseSooner
11/20/2008, 12:11 PM
f- Patillo 6'6
f- Wright 6'9
c- Allen 6'11
g- Warren 6'4
g- Crocker 6'6

Along with those veterans, you have Cade Davis, Ray Willis, and Kyle Cannon.

Gees, you have a group of potential THIRD stringers who could start at most places in the Big XII. Good night! Capel is stockpiling talent at every position. I think kids want to play for a coach like Coach Capel. He's young, smart, from that Duke family, and he can mold, teach and relate to young men. Also, having guys like Blake and Willie Warren come here helps.

misplacedsooner
11/20/2008, 02:23 PM
another great day to be a sooner!

badger
11/20/2008, 03:34 PM
What makes a gallon tiny? Is there really a difference between a big gallon and a tiny gallon?

;)

8timechamps
11/20/2008, 04:13 PM
I don't think Gallon is likely to play forward with that 300 pound bulk.

I forgot the ;)

My sense of humor is on the "I don't get it" side.

badger
11/20/2008, 04:20 PM
I forgot the ;)

My sense of humor is on the "I don't get it" side.

The Vikings suck and I hope their Viking ship crashes into an iceberg on their way to Newfoundland.

;)

You know what team the NFC North doesn't need because they suck so badly? No, not the Lions - the Vikings. Wow, Minnesota sucks.

;)

Hey, you know what would be a smart thing to do? Let's draft the future quarterback of the franchise waaaaaay higher than he's projected to go and hope for the best! Surely an unproven QB with a name like "Tavaris" will succeed at this level!

;)

8timechamps
11/20/2008, 04:43 PM
The Vikings suck and I hope their Viking ship crashes into an iceberg on their way to Newfoundland.

;)

You know what team the NFC North doesn't need because they suck so badly? No, not the Lions - the Vikings. Wow, Minnesota sucks.

;)

Hey, you know what would be a smart thing to do? Let's draft the future quarterback of the franchise waaaaaay higher than he's projected to go and hope for the best! Surely an unproven QB with a name like "Tavaris" will succeed at this level!

;)

AFavre says what?

stoopified
11/20/2008, 07:14 PM

Gees, you have a group of potential THIRD stringers who could start at most places in the Big XII. Good night! Capel is stockpiling talent at every position. I think kids want to play for a coach like Coach Capel. He's young, smart, from that Duke family, and he can mold, teach and relate to young men. Also, having guys like Blake and Willie Warren come here helps.I was just trying to come up wth a veteran starting lineup to match up against OUr incoming frosh class for the scrimmages I would like to see in practice.I certainly do not mean to diminish the talents of OUr other veteran players.

BTW this is the first time that I can recall that we have signed 5 high school players in one class and filled all areas of need(post-wing-point) at the same time.

stoopified
11/20/2008, 07:30 PM

Gees, you have a group of potential THIRD stringers who could start at most places in the Big XII. Good night! Capel is stockpiling talent at every position. I think kids want to play for a coach like Coach Capel. He's young, smart, from that Duke family, and he can mold, teach and relate to young men. Also, having guys like Blake and Willie Warren come here helps.I was just trying to come up wth a veteran starting lineup to match up against OUr incoming frosh class for the scrimmages I would like to see in practice.I certainly do not mean to diminish the talents of OUr other veteran players.

BTW this is the first time that I can recall that we have signed 5 high school players in one class and filled all areas of need(post-wing-point) at the same time.