PDA

View Full Version : Good OU/TT matchup breakdown

8timechamps
11/19/2008, 11:45 PM
I look at these throughout the season just to get a feel for who we are playing each week. Kinda interesting.

http://covers.usatoday.com/game-matchups/matchup.aspx?page=/data/ncf/game/g8_summary_18.html

BoulderSooner79
11/20/2008, 12:05 AM
The table that pops out is the injury situation. TT just has 1 RB listed as questionable for Saturday. The OU list is exaggerated by Jarboe and Williams, but Reynolds and English are huge impacts.

PalmBeachSooner1
11/20/2008, 12:12 AM
Indeed, and nice post 8 times. A little scary, but quite telling.

PalmBeachSooner1
11/20/2008, 12:15 AM
Box's play could be a deciding factor in this game. I think he truly will though. Nic needs to step us as well as he's looked a bit slower this season.

Other than that,

Special Teams: Step up
Venerables: Step up

I'll hang this hat on Sam in a close one.

8timechamps
11/20/2008, 12:34 AM
Box's play could be a deciding factor in this game.

Agree 100%! Tech will test him early, and if they have success, it's going to be often.

If he plays they way I've seen him play, there will be nothing for them to exploit.

I think Nic is the key to the whole game. If he plays like he knows how to, it's going to be a long day for Tech. If he plays like he did against K State, it's going to be a long day for us. He's also going to be called upon to keep Crabtree from having a few gamebreakers. I suspect he'll be covering Crabtree over the top most of the night. If we learned anything from texas, it's not to leave him with single coverage.