11/19/2008, 10:57 PM
Why do you read that crap?

olevetonahill
11/19/2008, 11:00 PM
Why do you read that crap?

Cause its about Vets !

SoonerInKCMO
11/19/2008, 11:02 PM
About veterans... and written by an ignorant hack that equates all of Islam with KILL THE INFIDEL!!

olevetonahill
11/19/2008, 11:03 PM
About veterans... and written by an ignorant hack that equates all of Islam with KILL THE INFIDEL!!

Maybe you should Reread it ?
;)

Veritas
11/19/2008, 11:07 PM
TimeSexAMiner.com? Yer into some weird chit vet!

SoonerInKCMO
11/19/2008, 11:11 PM
Maybe you should Reread it ?
;)

OK. I re-read it. What I read was the rantings of a angry guy that thinks Islam has no place on a U.S. Army base - the implication being that if you're a Muslim, you can't be a good soldier. He's also framing the war in Iraq as a war between Christianity and Islam. Both of these stances are wrong and counter productive.

olevetonahill
11/19/2008, 11:20 PM
OK. I re-read it. What I read was the rantings of a angry guy that thinks Islam has no place on a U.S. Army base - the implication being that if you're a Muslim, you can't be a good soldier. He's also framing the war in Iraq as a war between Christianity and Islam. Both of these stances are wrong and counter productive.

Maybe Im wrong . But what I read was Returning GIs had to Go thru this Mosque to Get procesed . !

Curly Bill
11/19/2008, 11:24 PM
I have a problem with it, and for those that don't think Islam gaining more and more of a foothold in this country is a problem ask the Brits, Germans, or French about it.

GottaHavePride
11/20/2008, 12:05 AM
Maybe Im wrong . But what I read was Returning GIs had to Go thru this Mosque to Get procesed . !

No, the guy isn't saying anything like that. He's written it in a puposefully inflammatory way, but he's merely bitching that a mosque exists within the confines of Ft. Bragg.

I'm betting that if he looks, there's probably also a chapel and a Jewish temple somewhere inside Ft. Bragg, too.

Fort Bragg covers 19 square miles and is home to over 29,000 people. He's bitching about having ONE mosque for that? Even if 2% of the people on that base are Muslim (not an unreasonable percentage) that means there are 580 Muslims at Fort Bragg.

And if they're willing to put their lives on the line for this country, they deserve to have a little place to worship on base just like any other religion. And I'd say that the guy that wrote that article is an ignorant sumbitch who has forgotten just what the hell it is that our armed forces are supposed to be defending.

8timechamps
11/20/2008, 12:18 AM
If it's a mosque that is on base, then I (as a Gulf War vet) have no problems with it.

If it's a mosque that requires service men and women to enter for processing, then I ask WTF?

olevetonahill
11/20/2008, 12:19 AM
Maybe I Need to Re Read it then .:O

GottaHavePride
11/20/2008, 12:26 AM
The whole thing was written as a hypothetical. "Picture this..." and all he says about it is:

"As you walk through the seemingly endless corridors of the Soldier Support Center you are startled by a doorway with a sign over it indicating it is a Mosque."

Not "You are forced to go in here to be processed". Just "You walk by a door that says a mosque is here. Wait, a ****ing MOSQUE? What's a ****ing MOSQUE doing in MY ****ing military base?"

There's a difference. He's just bitching that it exists.

8timechamps
11/20/2008, 12:26 AM
Maybe I Need to Re Read it then .:O

I skimmed it (because, as you know, I'm lazy). If it is in fact the processing center, then that is ****ed up!

8timechamps
11/20/2008, 12:27 AM
The whole thing was written as a hypothetical. "Picture this..." and all he says about it is:

"As you walk through the seemingly endless corridors of the Soldier Support Center you are startled by a doorway with a sign over it indicating it is a Mosque."

Not "You are forced to go in here to be processed". Just "You walk by a door that says a mosque is here. Wait, a ****ing MOSQUE? What's a ****ing MOSQUE doing in MY ****ing military base?"

I couldn't give two ****s about a mosque on a base. If they are making me enter said mosque (which, from the sound of it, they are not), I call Bull****.

olevetonahill
11/20/2008, 12:51 AM

Yup I just Re read It again and you are correct sir .
My Bad :O

Lott's Bandana
11/20/2008, 08:46 AM
Does someone stand on the roof of the SSC at dawn and sing to the East?

Srsly, I'm wondering...I heard it in Saudi....seems important to their worship.