PDA

View Full Version : Key matchups OU vs TT

oupride
11/19/2008, 09:54 PM
Some Raider fans believe they have the best O Line in NCAA. I guess the match up I will focus on most will be our D Line and any QB sacks. What other key match ups do you see in this game?

swardboy
11/19/2008, 10:55 PM
Just a question...is Tech still utilizing those monstrous splits in the O line? How does Leach get away with that? Seems like that could be exploited by a savvy d-coordinator and give Harrell some real headaches...

BoulderSooner79
11/19/2008, 11:23 PM
How 'bout Tech's D line against our O line ?

8timechamps
11/19/2008, 11:36 PM
As far as O-Lines go, they are pretty darn good.

They average 323lbs (to our 310lbs). They are all big and tall. They are all listed at 300+ except for their center (Shawn Byrnes 295). Not only are they big, they're athletic. Their right gaurd, Brandon Carter, is 357lbs and 6'7". He's their Loadholt...just playing gaurd.

Honestly, I think if we have the #1 O-Line in the country, they are a very close second.

Okie35
11/19/2008, 11:58 PM
As far as O-Lines go, they are pretty darn good.

They average 323lbs (to our 310lbs). They are all big and tall. They are all listed at 300+ except for their center (Shawn Byrnes 295). Not only are they big, they're athletic. Their right gaurd, Brandon Carter, is 357lbs and 6'7". He's their Loadholt...just playing gaurd.

Honestly, I think if we have the #1 O-Line in the country, they are a very close second.

none of the holding they've been doing is going to fly in norman...

8timechamps
11/20/2008, 12:12 AM
none of the holding they've been doing is going to fly in norman...

Are you sure...we're Oklahoma, remember?

sooner94
11/20/2008, 12:35 AM
Just a question...is Tech still utilizing those monstrous splits in the O line? How does Leach get away with that? Seems like that could be exploited by a savvy d-coordinator and give Harrell some real headaches...

The over/under on the number of times the announces will say "Look at how wide the splits in the offensive line are....." is 71.5. Let me know if you want totals by quarter.

I will also offer a proposition bet for how early in the game a reference to the line splits is made by the announcers.

rainiersooner
11/20/2008, 02:46 AM
According to Stoops' press conference yesterday, they have narrowed the width of the splits. Of course, this probably means the announcers will mention it even more now....

Crucifax Autumn
11/20/2008, 03:44 AM
Wide, narrow...Let's "split" them. And I hope makeup boy gets friggin' owned on general principal. That KISS/WWF BS needs to be laid on it's ***, stomped on with platform boods, and tossed to the side like the has been fads he emulates.

Crucifax Autumn
11/20/2008, 03:45 AM
key matchup:

OU screws with Leach by tossing out the Ninja Formation just to get under his skin.

Can you imagine the crowd reaction?

8timechamps
11/20/2008, 09:51 AM
Can you imagine the crowd reaction?

It'd be similar to the reaction the crowd had when Blake brought back the wishbone....loud and crazy.

'cept it only took two plays to know we were in for a looooong day.

Crucifax Autumn
11/20/2008, 10:55 AM
I'm not saying we should actually pursue using it much. Just throw it in on a first down on about our thirs possession and watch leach freak out.