PDA

View Full Version : Stoops and the Coach's Poll

rainiersooner
11/19/2008, 12:40 PM
During his press conference yesterday, Stoops was asked why he doesn't vote in the Coach's Poll. He (somewhat testily - but in an endearing, Bob Stoops kind of way) didn't want to answer...he said he had his reasons and had gone over them before....

Anyone remember or know what his reasons were/are?

JLEW1818
11/19/2008, 12:51 PM
Didn't we get screwed by some coaches last year, and Bob dropped out?

SoonerTank
11/19/2008, 01:02 PM
He couldn't find time to watch enough games to make an intelligent choice and didn't want an assistant to make the choices. Something along those lines.

rainiersooner
11/19/2008, 01:39 PM
Aaah, you mean he had too much integrity to participate in the facade? That was what I thought. Although it is interesting, because it does arguably put us at some (however de minimus) disadvantage....

Boomer.....
11/19/2008, 01:56 PM
Didn't we get screwed by some coaches last year, and Bob dropped out?

That is what I have heard. The Bowdens and some others voted us down at the end of last season (below Kansas and Mizzou). He was fed up with the whole system and dropped out, which I don't blame him. Coaches voting HAS to go or at least fall out of the BCS formula like the AP. It is way too bias.

SoonerTank
11/19/2008, 02:23 PM
Aaah, you mean he had too much integrity to participate in the facade? That was what I thought. Although it is interesting, because it does arguably put us at some (however de minimus) disadvantage....

I agree, but you know how coach speak is. I see it does put us at a disadvantage.

SoonerTank
11/19/2008, 02:25 PM
That is what I have heard. The Bowdens and some others voted us down at the end of last season (below Kansas and Mizzou). He was fed up with the whole system and dropped out, which I don't blame him. Coaches voting HAS to go or at least fall out of the BCS formula like the AP. It is way too bias.

I remember that to. To me, it's similar to flipping the "Coaches Poll" off. It may make him feel better, but I would sure like to have that one vote if it would make a difference.

SoonerLB
11/19/2008, 02:34 PM
And a lot of those coaches are voting off of what they see on ESPN, which basically points to the conclusion that we're screwed.

sjt
11/19/2008, 03:39 PM
Speaking of coaches....Here in the Nashville area the Vol fans are getting more delusional than usual. They really think they have a shot at getting Bob S.

SoonerTank
11/19/2008, 03:39 PM
And a lot of those coaches are voting off of what they see on ESPN, which basically points to the conclusion that we're screwed.

I agree. Not everyone can be as objective as an OU fan!!!:D