11/19/2008, 11:41 AM
Final score will be
OU 80
TT 35

Sam Bradford 37-48 for 578 yards 7 TDs and 1 Pick
Graham Harrell 68-96 573 yards 5 TDs 4 Picks

Demarco ran for 242 yards.

Sounds about right to me. :gary:

Anyone else let NCAA 09 play the game and see the results during this long week of waiting?

Sooner_Bob
11/19/2008, 11:50 AM
Sounds fun . . . :D

SoonerInLubbock
11/19/2008, 12:49 PM
Demarco is sooo freakin good in that game. Don't punt it to him unless you wanna give up six.
My wife's brother is a huge tech fan so he plays me with TT. He refuses to punt it to me just because #7 is sooo dangerous.

SoonersEnFuego
11/19/2008, 01:10 PM
I do that too.

Iam4OUru
11/19/2008, 01:12 PM
Demarco is sooo freakin good in that game. Don't punt it to him unless you wanna give up six.

How is he at defending kickoffs? :rolleyes:

yermom
11/19/2008, 01:14 PM
68-96

wow.

instigator
11/19/2008, 01:35 PM
I liked the 96 pass attempts too. I actually did this 12 minute quarter, let the computer play the computer for OU/Texas and everything was pretty realistic. Score was something like 45-28 and all the stats seemed realistic. This matchup? Not so much. :D

starclassic tama
11/19/2008, 03:05 PM
might want to bump it up to heisman and try that again

josh09
11/19/2008, 06:48 PM
Haha too bad tech sucks in the game.

TopDawg
11/20/2008, 11:35 AM
Anyone else let NCAA 09 play the game and see the results during this long week of waiting?

I set up a Dynasty where I play OU's schedule week-by-week as they play it.

Back during the Nebraska week I beat Nebraska something like 112 - 0. Five minutes into the actual game on Saturday we were on pace to reach 112 before halftime.

slamdog
11/21/2008, 11:24 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who does this type of stuff.

The sim I ran ended up 93-33 for the good guys.

Tonight I'll get all drunked up play 'em myself.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/21/2008, 11:29 AM

Back during the Nebraska week I beat Nebraska something like 112 - 0. Five minutes into the actual game on Saturday we were on pace to reach 112 before halftime.

You should run the same plays that we run and see how you do.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/21/2008, 11:31 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who does this type of stuff.

The sim I ran ended up 93-33 for the good guys.

Tonight I'll get all drunked up play 'em myself.

Hey! Do you think Bob Stoops gets drunk before he coaches a game? Be responsible damn it. People are counting on you to make good decisions.

Jesus.

slamdog
11/21/2008, 11:33 AM
Hey! Do you think Bob Stoops gets drunk before he coaches a game? Be responsible damn it. People are counting on you to make good decisions.

Jesus.

Fair point. I'll take it under consideration.

Bob likely doesn't coach all sloshed, but I'm guessing many here would argue that BV does.

TopDawg
11/21/2008, 11:33 AM
You should run the same plays that we run and see how you do.

If I'm winning 112-0, it seems like it would make MORE sense for the coaches to run the same plays that I run.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/21/2008, 11:36 AM
If I'm winning 112-0, it seems like it would make MORE sense for the coaches to run the same plays that I run.

That's probably a good idea.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/21/2008, 11:37 AM
Fair point. I'll take it under consideration.

Bob likely doesn't coach all sloshed, but I'm guessing many here would argue that BV does.

Special teams coach. Heroin. Lots of heroin.

TopDawg
11/21/2008, 11:41 AM
I think a lot of my points came off of turnovers and punt returns.

If you make the first two people miss on the punt return (which isn't too hard about half the time) and have someone marginally fast returning it, you're practically guaranteed at least 40 yards and if you know the tricks, a TD is pretty easy too.

instigator
11/21/2008, 03:01 PM
What are these "tricks" of which you speak?

TopDawg
11/21/2008, 03:17 PM
It starts with the linemen usually not getting downfield very quickly. The computer controlled players take bad angles from the middle of the field. After you make the gunners miss, if you run toward the pack of linemen, all of the players run directly at you. As long as you're running directly at them, they run directly at you. But since most of them are linemen, if you wait until you're almost right there with them when you cut toward the sideline, you can easily beat them to the edge.

That's a fairly normal part...(aside from the slow downfield thing)...but the trick is to not run ALL the way to the sideline. You kinda have to stair step your way over to it. As long as you're running toward the sideline (even at an angle), the punt team will take decent angles. So as soon as you get around the first edge, take it directly up field until you need to make another cut. Everybody will stop running toward the sideline and run directly at you. Then you cut it again, beat them to the edge, and cut it directly upfield.

The trick, I guess, is the directly upfield thing because even if you're running at a slight angle toward the sideline, they'll usually maintain a good angle. Sometimes if the defenders are staggered...or if the punter stays back, you might have to be pretty quick with it...upfield for 3 steps, straight right for 2 steps, upfield for 3, straight right for 2...you might even have to cut it back towards the center of the field.

It takes a little getting used to, but it's all about angles and taking advantage of the bad angles the defenders take when you're running at them. Try it a few times and you'll get the hang of it. You can practice on the Special Teams Tug-of-War mini game thing.

Even on Heisman difficulty, it's not uncommon for me to return one or two for TDs per game and I usually get at least 30 or 40 yards when I can make the gunners miss. On the flip side, you can minimize the same thing happening to your team by kicking to the sidelines.

JLEW1818
11/21/2008, 03:54 PM
Just seen the official ESPN Video game prediction

Sooners 38
T. Tech 35

TopDawg
11/25/2008, 12:22 AM

I didn't want to post this last week for fear of jinxing things, but I beat Texas Tech last week by a score of around 105 - 14.

instigator
11/25/2008, 01:13 AM
Not that far off. :)