PDA

View Full Version : Fun video but not surprising

85Sooner
11/18/2008, 04:48 PM
http://www.howobamagotelected.com/

By Zogby: Any of you Obamaniacs on this video? Stand and be recognized.

bri
11/18/2008, 04:53 PM
Bitch all you want; he's still the President. :D

85Sooner
11/18/2008, 05:00 PM

What part about that was bitching? Is it bitching to watch people show how ignorant and foolish they are? If so they need to rename the comedy program "Bitching Central"

Just doesn't work for me ;)

NormanPride
11/18/2008, 05:07 PM
I'd be interested to see that documentary, just like I was interested to see the Michael Moore documentary that started off with how Gore should have been elected.

PDXsooner
11/18/2008, 05:23 PM
certainly you don't think complete idiots stand on one side of the aisle!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjxzmaXAg9E

and another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJghQMq49dw&feature=related

more doozies -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itEucdhf4Us&feature=related

colleyvillesooner
11/18/2008, 05:25 PM
This has a certain "Someone peed in my Cheerios" flavor to it...

PalmBeachSooner1
11/18/2008, 06:04 PM
This sounds about right. Most of the young folks that like Obama that I've met don't even know what he stands for.

bri
11/18/2008, 06:05 PM
Which is, of course, eating babies.

Skysooner
11/18/2008, 06:49 PM
"Ship of Fools" (Why the Republicans lost the election)

http://www.economist.com/world/unitedstates/displaystory.cfm?source=most_commented&story_id=12599247

soonerboomer93
11/18/2008, 07:03 PM

pst, George Bush is still the President

KC//CRIMSON
11/18/2008, 07:09 PM
You really suck at losing.

85Sooner
11/18/2008, 07:11 PM
"Ship of Fools" (Why the Republicans lost the election)

http://www.economist.com/world/unitedstates/displaystory.cfm?source=most_commented&story_id=12599247

Having a degree does 1. not make one smart and 2. doesn't mean someone is paying attention. The questions were in regard to the media coverage rather than the smarts or idiocy of the individuals.

soonerscuba
11/18/2008, 07:28 PM
I think that relying on what appears to be little more than a Jay-walking segment as actual discourse is why nobody cares or is paying attention to the beaten Palinites.

StoopTroup
11/18/2008, 08:14 PM
I guess Campaign Ads that the McCain Camp used were skewed by the media too.

What really happened was most people make up their minds without any real educated view. I'm not going to blame the Media when this is a free Country. The Media never covered up McCain's or Obama's Websites.

I wonder if you ask most of those same folks how many Obama hate emails they were spammed with...they wouldn't have a number...it would be more like..."Heck I got them everyday". The media didn't do that either.

That horse**** video might have a point in that many folks don't even give a crap...but they know what they like and usually can't even be swayed to change their vote even after you tell them that the guy who doesn't know there is 57 States or his running mate is a plagiarizer...or that it was Tina Fey and not Gov. Palin on SNL. I'm betting if you did a video of McCain voters after voting and asked them who Barney Franks was...you'd probably get a bunch of "He's that gay dude".

I don't take much stock in the video other than it does stir the **** nice. Plus...the real shocker for me...well it isn't that there aren't a lot of dumbasses running the street and even going to the poles, most of us know there are millions. We've all seen Howard Stern, Leno and others hit the streets and ask people current events questions. Most people are so paranoid they won't even talk to you and the others are probably hoping they'll win something.

Hannity and Colmes are both a couple of **** stirrers too. Hell...they're media! They get credit too. I can't believe they can sit there on a fair and balanced network and try to exclude their own part in not attracting people to educate themselves with a little of their show. I guess you can even some up that they failed to reach people the same as McCain did.

Somehow Obama got his name out there and inspired enough folks to vote Democratic. In the end...I think the whole darn thing was only about ousting the Republicans. I don't think John McCain did anything wrong...but the party he represented....they screwed the pooch.

Okla-homey
11/18/2008, 08:29 PM
Let's face it folks. Nowadays, the presidential election is really more akin to HS student council elections. Its probably been that way for fifty years now.

StoopTroup
11/18/2008, 08:37 PM
Let's face it folks. Nowadays, the presidential election is really more akin to HS student council elections. Its probably been that way for fifty years now.

Agreed.

LosAngelesSooner
11/18/2008, 09:28 PM
Except Student Council elections have less mudslinging, personal attacks and accusations of being a 'terr'rist.'

A Sooner in Texas
11/18/2008, 09:34 PM
But high school student council candidates now will have a few tricks up their sleeves.;)

bri
11/18/2008, 09:37 PM
Except Student Council elections have less mudslinging, personal attacks and accusations of being a 'terr'rist.'

My opponent for stuco vice president in '91 called me "fat". Your argument is invalid.

StoopTroup
11/18/2008, 09:44 PM
What's juco?

Is that a school? :D

PDXsooner
11/18/2008, 09:49 PM

agreed

mdklatt
11/18/2008, 10:35 PM
What's juco?

Is that a school? :D

Ask the SEC. They all have at least one on the schedule each year. :texan:

def_lazer_fc
11/18/2008, 11:06 PM
Ask the SEC. They all have at least one on the schedule each year. :texan:

nicely played

Skysooner
11/19/2008, 02:40 PM
Having a degree does 1. not make one smart and 2. doesn't mean someone is paying attention. The questions were in regard to the media coverage rather than the smarts or idiocy of the individuals.

No, having a degree is more important than being "smart". It shows that you have perseverance especially if you aren't that smart to begin with. I know a few guys that I went to school with that are multi-millionaires now, because they had that extra gear even though they were "C" students at best in school. I would also trust that someone with a degree (whether high school or college) is paying more attention on average than someone that doesn't have one (or at least is able to understand subtleties better).

Just call this a reaction to all of the stupid attack e-mails that I received and kindly told people to stop sending me. The one comparing Obama to Hitler was the last straw.

JLEW1818
11/19/2008, 02:45 PM
I think he is gonna turn more moderate. He won't just be handing things out to people.