PDA

View Full Version : Rich Rod Angered At Michigan Fans

Sabanball
11/18/2008, 04:03 PM
This guy would never be able to handle the pressure in Tuscaloosa or Norman.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8811864/Rodriguez-to-Michigan-fans:-%27Get-a-life%27

NormanPride
11/18/2008, 04:13 PM
Man, n00b coaches that lose a lot are so easy to troll. :D

SoonerStormchaser
11/18/2008, 04:15 PM
Rich Rod shoulda stayed at WV and let Lester handle that train wreck...

StormySooner-IN
11/18/2008, 04:30 PM
http://www.firerrod.com/

:D

bri
11/18/2008, 04:46 PM
"There's a whole lot bigger problems. Look at the economy."

Says the guy with the $15 million contract.

Here's a tip, dickwallet: When you're trying to distract people from what a giant suckpile of fail you are, don't pick something that just makes you look like an even bigger f*ckd*uche.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/18/2008, 04:54 PM
Says the guy with the $15 million contract.

Here's a tip, dickwallet: When you're trying to distract people from what a giant suckpile of fail you are, don't pick something that just makes you look like an even bigger f*ckd*uche.

no kidding...I was thinking something similar when I read that..

Sabanball
11/18/2008, 05:15 PM
Didn't Michigan pay WV $4mil to get this guy?? They have got to be regretting this.

NormanPride
11/18/2008, 05:21 PM
It worked out well for us. Both Michigan and WVU suck now, and with the condition of the Big East, WVU might have been undefeated right now.

Collier11
11/18/2008, 05:24 PM
Two things:

A) He wasnt hired to worry about the economy, he was hired to win games

B) Where did Michigan get their sense of entitlement considering they have won exactly 1 1/2 natl titles EVER I believe(unless you go by the Bama rule)

OUstud
11/18/2008, 05:36 PM
There's been a comparably worse coaching fit at a proud football program...and his name is relegated to a bunch of asterisks around here :D .

8timechamps
11/18/2008, 05:51 PM
"It's going to take a lot more time to get all of that salvaged."

Wow. I'm sure the Michigan faithful enjoy hearing that the head coach wants to "salvage" the program. Hey DickRod, they didn't need salvaging until you got there.

Stitch Face
11/18/2008, 06:52 PM
College football's winningest team

Oh, really?

TUSooner
11/18/2008, 06:58 PM
Rich Rod shoulda stayed at TULANE...

But, oh yeah.... the fleepin idgits at TU let him go and gave the job to Chris "Biscuit Pants" Scelfo - who aspired to mediocrity but failed to attain it. :mad: :( :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bri
11/18/2008, 08:14 PM
Oh, really?

Yes, really. They're tops in wins.

Johnny Utah
11/18/2008, 08:37 PM
We are discussing the team that beat the almighty Florida Gayters in it's most recent bowl game aren't we? ;)

MichiganSooner
11/18/2008, 08:38 PM
I like the line in the article, "For the first time since 1974, the Wolverines will be relegated to watching bowl games."

That 1974 team, that did not get to go to a bowl, was only Big 10 Co-Champions with a record of 10-1 and ranked #3 nationally per the AP.

oupride
11/18/2008, 08:53 PM
Oh, really?
They are the winningest team since College football began. Not winning percentage, just wins.

badger
11/18/2008, 10:29 PM
Michigan - not the football program, but the state - is in a much worse condition than the football program and that's saying something, folks.

Here's a story on the pending exodus, part 2 (http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?articleID=20081118_298_hr423723)

It's sad to hear about the people just abandoning the state like that, but it's what they have to do to take care of their families.

Hearing the griping of an overpaid, spoiled n00b coach at the winningest program in college football history should infuriate fans (I'm sure it does).

Rich Roddy says fans are impatient?! SHADDAP! The auto industry is killing the state!

Rich Roddy says boo hoo, nobody expects us to win?! SHADDAP! The lifeblood of the state's economy is about to go bankrupt, because the bailout ain't coming!

Rich Roddy says anything that isn't positive in the second-worst recession of Michigan's state history?! SHAD. the eff. DAP.

bluedogok
11/18/2008, 10:45 PM
Some guys are meant to be at the TCU's of the world like Fran, they just don't have what it takes to handle one of the big programs because they come with a complete different level of expectations and pressures....RichRod should have stayed at WVU where they are happy to burn couches after any big win.

mdklatt
11/18/2008, 11:02 PM
He's right, although he needs some thicker skin and to realize that some things are better left unsaid no matter how correct they are. There are a whole lot of fans that do need to get a life. Their entire self image revolves around how their team does. How does it go? You didn't "win" anything; they won while your lazy *** ate nachos and watched (to paraphrase).

He deserves whatever criticism he gets for running Michigan into the ground, but you know it doesn't stop with his job performance. I'm sure his family is getting harassed as well. Do death threats to a certain Pac-10 official ring a bell? That crap is uncalled for. So yeah, some people need to get a life.

Sabanball
11/18/2008, 11:46 PM
Michigan is such a great example of economic success that Pres. Elect Barack Obama has made Mich Gov. Jennifer Granholm a part of his economic advisory team. Guess which part of that statement is true, and which is false? And no, I am not kidding....

badger
11/18/2008, 11:48 PM
:P She can say what she did so he knows what NOT to do.

... come to think of it, battleground state, right? Alas, that means appointments are used as bargaining chips for election efforts, no matter how unqualified they are.

Sabanball
11/18/2008, 11:50 PM
:P She can say what she did so he knows what NOT to do.

... come to think of it, battleground state, right? Alas, that means appointments are used as bargaining chips for election efforts, no matter how unqualified they are.

Michigan is about as much a 'battleground state' as Vermont is. This must simply be throwing a bone to the UAW. I can't think of anything else...

Leroy Lizard
11/19/2008, 02:59 AM
Since when did results matter?

Crucifax Autumn
11/19/2008, 03:14 AM
Not again...Isn't this a football board? And seriously...Even my relatively center-left *** hoped Bush policies would produce good results and continued to hope so through 2 recessions and 2 wars.

Can't we leave this in the South Oval and also judge on results instead of tired politics?

Let's move on and worry about beating the pirates, the sheephumpers, and boger eater.