PDA

View Full Version : I sure hope Gameday comes to Stillwater

The Maestro
11/18/2008, 02:26 PM
Say what you will, but this show has a big effect on college football. And if we beat Texas Tech, the BCS controversy will be centered on the OU-OSU game. And ESPN loves ratings...what a better way to watch the meltdown than live and in person.

As far as other big games next week, none really compare. Florida at Florida State, Auburn at Alabama are about it, but I think the real story will be in Stillwater if OU beats Tech.

As well, that means OU will be the talk before, during and after the game. If we win in Stillwater, they will have Bob Stoops on stage and that is when the campaigning will be fast and furious. Meanwhile, Mack Brown will be on his sofa in Austin with not much of a chance to campaign like live coverage of OU all day from Stillwater will.

Gotta win 'em all and if we get left out, so be it...but Gameday following OU around the next two weeks can't hurt our chances.

SoonerStormchaser
11/18/2008, 03:04 PM
They'll be in Talahassee so http://thebestsportsblog.com/images/2006/10/corso.jpg can get his jollies in at his alma mater.

badger
11/18/2008, 03:16 PM
I think it would be funny to see OSU get screwed for the fourth time this season.

Yes, the FOURTH. They have had THREE big matchups this year between highly ranked opponents and Gameday has ALWAYS chosen a different game to be at.

The first came when OSU was at Mizzou. Pokes were No. 17 (No. 8 after the game), Mizzou was No. 3 at time (ahhhhh, those days have passed. lol). However, Gameday looked over that matchup and favored a certain No. 1 vs. No. 5 matchup in Dallas :D:D:D

The second screwjob (I use the term loosely, I never thought they deserved Gameday this season compared to other games) came at Austin vs. Texas. How, exactly, does ESPN pass on No. 1 vs. No. 6 (ahhhh, those days have passed as well, lol) when they went to No. 1 vs. No. 5 earlier this year?! Well, as it turns out, Gameday was in Austin the week before for Mizzou's thrashing at the hands of Texas. Thus, they went SEC hunting :D

Then came screwjob (again, loosely used) number three, where the Pokes were hosted by "rival" (hahahahahhaha) Tech. How can you turn down No. 2 versus No. 8?!? Weeeeelllll, as it turns out, they had just visited Lubbock the week before for the Texas game, thus, OSU gets screwed (loosely) again by ESPN.

:D Can the 40-year-old man (ok, he's actually 41) take a fourth screwing and not lose his composure? Yes, but the Poke fans sure won't.