PDA

View Full Version : Obama played by the big boys..... I mean girls?

85Sooner
11/17/2008, 10:05 PM
Seems our new President Elect felt it appropriate to vet the Sen from NY Ms. Clinton for the Sec of state position.

Well............... it appears that HRC people have let it leak that She has got the Job.

What does he do now?

Actually I think she would be a tough cookie but my question is whether she will follow him or the "Clinton agenda".

Curly Bill
11/17/2008, 10:07 PM
Now, what do you think she's gonna do? I mean really...?

salth2o
11/17/2008, 10:11 PM
Maybe she is thinking she may still have a "shot" at POTUS if the right sequence of unfortunate events transpire.

OUHOMER
11/17/2008, 10:19 PM
Funny, His supporters were firmly against her. I think that's how he got there to begin with. They did not want her.

Curly Bill
11/17/2008, 10:22 PM
How does selecting her fit in with his CHANGE mantra?

Oh wait, he's already won, nevermind.

salth2o
11/17/2008, 10:32 PM
Maybe he meant he was going to "change" his stance on everything. Is he really a member of the GOP? :)

Stitch Face
11/17/2008, 10:39 PM
Maybe he meant he was going to "change" his stance on everything. Is he really a member of the GOP? :)

Doubt it.

GottaHavePride
11/18/2008, 12:32 AM
Actually I think she would be a tough cookie but my question is whether she will follow him or the "Clinton agenda".

As SOS she won't be legislating anything. Just representing the US in diplomatic situations. Sne's educated, well-spoken, and knowledgeable on our foreign relations. SOunds like a good choice to me.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/18/2008, 12:45 AM
He(Barry) will need to find a way to keep Bill Clinton busy, too.

KingBarry
11/18/2008, 01:02 AM
I think she's better off in the Senate.

As one of the most famous Senators, and as Senator from one of the biggest states, she is a force to be reckoned with no matter you slice it. She is an independent voice, and can pursue the goals she wants to pursue, in the way she wants to pursue them.

As SecState, she will be following the line of President Obama (it actually hurts my fingers to type that). She will be bogged down in managing a huge and unwieldy bureaucracy, and a diplomatic corps famous for obstructing the foreign policy of whoever is President and whoever is SecState.

Also, if she is in the Obama adminstration, she cannot run against him in 2012. She probably can not run against him anyway, but if the Obama administration turns out to be un undisputed catastrophe, as a Senator she would be outside the Obama White House and could run as a Democrat savior.

Finally, if her real agenda is to try to be President in 2016 -- how old would she be? -- it's going to be an asset to be free from whatever mistakes and scandals arise from the Obama regime.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/18/2008, 01:14 AM
I think she's better off in the Senate.

As one of the most famous Senators, and as Senator from one of the biggest states, she is a force to be reckoned with no matter you slice it. She is an independent voice, and can pursue the goals she wants to pursue, in the way she wants to pursue them.

As SecState, she will be following the line of President Obama (it actually hurts my fingers to type that). She will be bogged down in managing a huge and unwieldy bureaucracy, and a diplomatic corps famous for obstructing the foreign policy of whoever is President and whoever is SecState.

Also, if she is in the Obama adminstration, she cannot run against him in 2012. She probably can not run against him anyway, but if the Obama administration turns out to be un undisputed catastrophe, as a Senator she would be outside the Obama White House and could run as a Democrat savior.

Finally, if her real agenda is to try to be President in 2016 -- how old would she be? -- it's going to be an asset to be free from whatever mistakes and scandals arise from the Obama regime.Barr has her where he wants her. Next, he will have a cubbyhole for Bill.