PDA

View Full Version : A win is not good enough

Blitzkrieg
11/17/2008, 08:00 PM
It has to be a no doubter. The only way to jump Texas is to do it this week. If we scrape by tech, Mack will get on his soapbox and start pleading to the point a win over Okie Lite won't jump the whorns.

It has to be on nat'l TV, prime time, a good old fashioned horse$%^&ing. Nothing less will do.

AlbqSooner
11/17/2008, 08:07 PM
You are probably right. Whether you are or not, it is Senior day and a good old fashioned Horse$%^&ing is what we OUGHT to have either way.:D

MichiganSooner
11/17/2008, 08:10 PM
I agree. We need to take Tech to the woodshed this Saturday.

In fact, about a year ago, someone said we should nickname our stadium The Woodshed. This is the time.

cvsooner
11/17/2008, 08:17 PM
I fear even if we whallop Tech and OSewe, we're screwed. Identical records...lost on neutral field...Texas lost in final minute to Tech...never had any trouble with OSewe...clobbered Mizzou. Both went to Kansas and the wins are about the same. Our best wins over Cincy and TCU were at home.

All we can do is win out and hope. Well, we'll see.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/17/2008, 08:18 PM
:gary:

MojoRisen
11/17/2008, 08:33 PM
Texas only led for a minute against Tech - if we beat the shiate out of them we jump texas or I will stop watching college football.

Texas barely beat OSU, seriously that game could have easily went to OSU if they had not gone for it on 4th down or called a better play than a middle screen to the only guy Texas was keying on...

We need to beat Tech and Beat OSU - If either of them are a blow out we should pass Texas in one of the Polls...

If not the hole process can be called BS - if Florida gets in with a loss to Ole miss at home... Georgia sucks and LSU is average - both teams would also get crushed by Texas or OU or Tech... Alabama would get beat handily by all 3 big 12 south teams...

OUHOMER
11/17/2008, 08:34 PM
I fear even if we whallop Tech and OSewe, we're screwed. Identical records...lost on neutral field...Texas lost in final minute to Tech...never had any trouble with OSewe...clobbered Mizzou. Both went to Kansas and the wins are about the same. Our best wins over Cincy and TCU were at home.

All we can do is win out and hope. Well, we'll see.

I disagree, I think if we dominate both sides of the ball and win big, we jump texas. Computers will like us, some coaches will move us up....

I have to believe :O

Stitch Face
11/17/2008, 08:36 PM
I would rather lose to tech and see them go to the Big XII CCG than beat them and watch Texas go. If it's not us, Tech should be there, not Texas.

oudivesherpa
11/17/2008, 08:44 PM
All three (OU, Tech and UT) still have a game to play after this week. As crazy as last year's final week was--I'd assume nothing.

However, the only real chance at a upset would be OSU.
That being said I think OU will out and go to the Big XII title game.

boomermagic
11/18/2008, 09:13 AM
I hope we do win and jump texas but to be honest I'll take a one point win in this one..

jwlynn64
11/18/2008, 09:16 AM
It has to be a no doubter. The only way to jump Texas is to do it this week. If we scrape by tech, Mack will get on his soapbox and start pleading to the point a win over Okie Lite won't jump the whorns.

It has to be on nat'l TV, prime time, a good old fashioned horse$%^&ing. Nothing less will do.

This type of thinking is what will cause OU to lose this game. Hopefully the team is only interested in one thing, having more points than tech at the end of the game.

Style will only take you so far if you lose the game.

Iam4OUru
11/18/2008, 09:47 AM
I would rather lose to tech and see them go to the Big XII CCG than beat them and watch Texas go. If it's not us, Tech should be there, not Texas.

That's me. If TT beats us...I hope they run the table. If they win in Norman...they deserve it.

TUCK FEXAS!!

NOVSooner
11/18/2008, 10:03 AM
with tech being #1 in the computers eyes it will jump us if we win no matter the score, however, i think the margin does matter in this one b/c if we handily beat them it will discount mack's argument about them losing to tech in the last second AND will also discount the fact, to a degree, that it was b/c we were at home. everyone is talking about it's in norman, it's in norman, well if we beat them by quite a margin that won't really be the main reason to bring up anymore and show in the voters eyes that we are a good team who hopefully is peaking at the right times

85sooners
11/18/2008, 11:38 AM
BEAT THEIR ***!!!

JLEW1818
11/18/2008, 12:04 PM
Here is what a lot of people DO NOT realize. Texas does not play this weekend. Not only is it good that we get a chance to beat number 2 texas tech, but number 3 texas can't do anything to help their case this weekend. I think texas not playing this weekend is going to be huge, HUGE.

SoonerJack
11/18/2008, 12:15 PM
Has Mack been talking to The Hat? Remember last year when he was claiming that his team was undefeated in regulation or something like that?

bosworthsteroidmafia
11/18/2008, 12:15 PM
I endorse this thread.

Carry on.

GrapevineSooner
11/18/2008, 12:23 PM
Has Mack been talking to The Hat? Remember last year when he was claiming that his team was undefeated in regulation or something like that?

I think you're confusing Mack with the Bayou Lester.

MojoRisen
11/18/2008, 12:29 PM
It screwed us in the Coaches Poll last week against Bye... Texas only beat Kansas that was un-rated.

If we beat the Number 1 team in the computers and 2 in all the polls with Texas playing no-one- it will really only be logically for them to move us ahead of Texas again the coaches poll.

If they do not move us ahead of Texas in the coaches poll the decision would have already been made by most voters.

Frankly we were ahead of Texas ever since they lost to Texas Tech in the Coaches poll - for 3 full weeks - the week after they lost, after we beat Nebraska and after we beat Texas A&M. The only feasible reasoning behind them jumping us is that we did not play.

If we win and do not vault passed Texas in the Computers and the Coaches Poll - no matter what the score. I will quit watching college football until there is a system in place that will alow this to be settled at the end of the season in a formal playoff.

It isn't like Texas blew us out, and it isn't like Texas didn't loose as well to Tech.

If you have us rated higher than a team for 3 weeks and only move them ahead of us after a bye week. I would hope that logic would serve us in the same respect if the roles are reversed and they are.

We win by any margin and we will be rated higher than Texas in 2 of the 3 BCS formula.

badger
11/18/2008, 12:43 PM
You know, back in high school my football team never expected to win or even had a prayer of winning and did not ever win my senior year (one win the year before - that team we beat left our conference the next year).

I am still happy after every win and should we win Saturday, I will be a happy Sooner :)

Collier11
11/18/2008, 12:46 PM

I disagree slightly...a 42-24 win or something like that would be great and leave little doubt if we beat osu. A close win could hurt us(although it shouldnt, it should make the head to head a wash with all 3 and the voters could then just decide who was the best team) but if we win in an epic manner such as TT did against UT that would help us as well because then people are talking about OU.

noobalicious
11/18/2008, 12:47 PM
Dear BCS,

Your system is considerably better than what we used to have. However, every year it's the same old story. There's about 6-8 teams that have a legitimate argument to be playing for the national championship. And inevitably someone gets screwed and relegated to playing for a lesser prize. Find a solution! How does it do any justice to the athletes, coaches, or fans to let a few computers and talking heads decide who "deserves" to play for the national championship.

This year is a perfect example. Anyone with half a brain could see that there are 3 teams that deserve to be in a BCS bowl from the Big 12 South ALONE. And if OU wins out, then there are probably 3 teams in that DIVISION that have a legitimate argument to be playing for the national championship. But no, it's this system that will most likely relegate one of those teams to playing for either the Holiday Bowl (if they send Mizzou to the Cotton) or Cotton Bowl, and how in the world is that fair? How in the world is it fair to have a team that has a legitimate claim to be playing in the MNC instead play a mediocre Pac-10 team in San Diego?

-Noobalicious

Collier11
11/18/2008, 12:49 PM
Remember Kstate going to the alamo bowl with a 11-1 record

badger
11/18/2008, 12:52 PM
I have now changed my profile to what Texas fans loathe most of all: Texas needs us to win out.

A loss to Tech will be their doom. Simply having a two-way tie is only good enough to print "Co-Big 12 South Champions" rings, and nothing more, like a national title shot or a Big 12 championship berth.

A loss to OSU will also be their doom, for once again (we are assuming Tech will beat Baylor to finish the season, right?) a two-way tie is a losing tiebreaker to the team that already beat them, Texas Tech.

Thus, they can mock me for my avatar/sig bet, they can chastise us for losing the RRS, but Texas NEEDS Oklahoma now more than ever to step up and win.

On that note, Texas' season is pretty much over if they're rooting for OU... but not rooting too much, lest they get passed by us in the BCS.

:) It's a kind of funny situation when you think about it.

:D Very funny, in fact.

noobalicious
11/18/2008, 12:56 PM
:) It's a kind of funny situation when you think about it.

:D Very funny, in fact.

Yep. Very funny! :D :D :D

:mack: succs

badger
11/18/2008, 01:11 PM
Yep. Very funny! :D :D :D

:mack: succs

Remember last time they failed to root for us when they really should have?

Hellllllo, Holiday Bowl! (http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/2003_archive_bcs.html) :D

JLEW1818
11/18/2008, 01:32 PM
Just watched Bob's press conference, wow he looks like he is focused. He is usually loud, he seemed kinda laid back, like he just has all this intensity inside him and its ready to explode Saturday.

Or I might be drunk.

swardboy
11/18/2008, 01:45 PM
Just watched Bob's press conference, wow he looks like he is focused. He is usually loud, he seemed kinda laid back, like he just has all this intensity inside him and its ready to explode Saturday.

Or I might be drunk.

The truth is prolly somewhere in between....:pop: