PDA

View Full Version : Sam Bradford at Coldplay Last night at the Ford Center

SoonerShark
11/17/2008, 11:14 AM
Sam Bradford was sitting across the aisle at the Ford Center on Sunday night. I felt like standing behind him on the stairs to ensure his exposed right arm was not stumbled into by a drunk. Thank goodness I saw fewere staggering drunks than on most concert nights. If some drunk took out Mr. Bradford's arm, I could see the headlines: "Coldplay Leads to Cold Pack" "Coldplay Lead to Heat Pack" "Coldplay Leads to Cold Sooners" "Coldplay leads to Cold Play"

This is a vast improvement from one of our previous QB's beer bust at the Ford Center. Mr. Bradford signed autographs for a kid who had him sign his Coldplay computer printout ticket. For the most part, folks left him alone.

By the way, Coldplay was much better than I anticipated.

Widescreen
11/17/2008, 12:05 PM
I'm disappointed.

Primarily to know that Bradford like coldplay enough to go see them in person.

SoonerJack
11/17/2008, 12:20 PM
Coldplay is awesome.
Bradford is awesome.

Thank you, SoonerShark, for watching out for our boy.

JLEW1818
11/17/2008, 12:21 PM
Sam is 21 now, let him drink .

EstablishedSooner1967
11/17/2008, 12:21 PM
You know how i know you're gay..... you listen to coldplay.

sooner518
11/17/2008, 12:29 PM
My friend's facebook status said "Sam Bradford sat right behind me at the Coldplay concert!!" haha.

I approve of Coldplay. Their new album is the best stuff they've ever done.

Collier11
11/17/2008, 12:37 PM
We already knew that SB had good taste when he chose OU, being a Coldplay fan just reaffirmed it. I was there lastnite and it was an amazing show!!!

OUmillenium
11/17/2008, 12:59 PM
This is Deputy Van Halen down at the station...uhh...we found your keys. If ya want em, better come and getem.

Partial Qualifier
11/17/2008, 01:32 PM
I'm disappointed.

Primarily to know that Bradford like coldplay enough to go see them in person.

:D

rainiersooner
11/17/2008, 01:40 PM
As Thom Yorke of Radiohead once said: "Coldplay is background music for the GAP."

Collier11
11/17/2008, 01:50 PM
As Thom Yorke of Radiohead once said: "Coldplay is background music for the GAP."

Envy is a horrible thing...it is really sad because even being one of the two or three biggest bands in the world Coldplay still give Radiohead nothing but praise. Coldplay are one of those bands who half the people love and another 45% love but wont admit it for whatever reason. Anyone left after that just flat out hates them which is really a shame cus their newest CD is pure brilliance, not all the sing a-longs that they became known for

rainiersooner
11/17/2008, 01:54 PM
Thom Yorke is a bit high on himself, no doubt there. And in comparison Chris Martin actually seems like a pretty decent fellow. So - aside from the amusing dig at them, I can't say I disagree with you....

SoonerShark
11/17/2008, 02:01 PM
You know how i know you're gay..... you listen to coldplay.

You know how you know you are NOT gay...you listen to music that women love.

SoonerShark
11/17/2008, 02:03 PM

... and you follow the Dallas Cowboys game on your Blackberry during the concert.

SoonerShark
11/17/2008, 02:06 PM
I missed Coldplay its last time in OKC. I gave my tickets to someone else so I could attend the OU-zerOSU basketball game in Norman. This year I have AC/DC tickets in Tulsa the night when we play zerOSU in Stillwater. I will clear my schedule the next day and watch the game on Tivo when I get home.

SoonerShark
11/17/2008, 02:10 PM
Thank you, SoonerShark, for watching out for our boy.

You are welcome. I am a six feet tall, 200 pound lineman without dreadlocks.

If Tech's defensive line wears high heels and is drunk on 3.2 beer and is staggering while it comes down the stairs, I am the lineman Sam needs.

SoonerShark
11/17/2008, 02:13 PM
Sam is 21 now, let him drink .

Not when he is 25 miles away from Norman and we play Tech and zerOSU both the next 13 days.

misplacedsooner
11/17/2008, 02:19 PM
i knew it!!!!no one could be perfect..not even sam. coldplay???? you gotta be kidding me, yuck!!!!!

tommieharris91
11/17/2008, 02:22 PM

SicEm?

The Maestro
11/17/2008, 02:26 PM
That confirms it for me. Buying tickets to Coldplay's last U.S. show of this tour in Phoenix for next Wednesday.

You know how I know you are gay? When you think the band someone listen's to makes them gay! Or maybe it means you don't like having secks with stirred up women folk!

Lott's Bandana
11/17/2008, 02:31 PM
To me:

Coldplay = Prozac Muzak

BoonesFarmSooner
11/17/2008, 02:32 PM
stirred up women folk!

Is that code for seeeester in law?

Partial Qualifier
11/17/2008, 02:35 PM
That confirms it for me. Buying tickets to Coldplay's last U.S. show of this tour in Phoenix for next Wednesday.

You know how I know you are gay? When you think the band someone listen's to makes them gay! Or maybe it means you don't like having secks with stirred up women folk!

^^ hang on.. so, you're gonna buy tix to see a band because someone on a message board said the band is gay? And you think that actually makes THAT person gay, so this is a band you gotta see??

:confused:

birddog
11/17/2008, 02:40 PM
coldpaly is talented, i recognize that. that first album, parachute, or something, was the only time i ever listened to them alot.

Collier11
11/17/2008, 02:41 PM
Their 1st two albums were brilliance and this new one is great, the 3rd one was so so

misplacedsooner
11/17/2008, 02:54 PM
i dont think you are gay, i just think you have bad taste in music and to listen to bad music just cause you think women like it is....never mind, just not my style of music. as for sex? im married and kids grown, and dont have to rely on bad music to get some.

Pigface1
11/17/2008, 03:14 PM
Bradford's a great QB and seems to be a good kid, scratch golfer, and all that. This just goes to show, though, that nobody's perfect.

If he torches TT, I'll forgive him. However, if the vaginitis spreads, the whole team will have to be deloused.

bluedogok
11/17/2008, 09:58 PM
SicEm?
Nah...he likes music that no one younger than 60 likes.......Bread?

SoonerinSouthlake
11/17/2008, 11:55 PM
Coldplay are one of those bands who half the people love and the another 45% love but wont admit it for whatever reason.

There is genius in this statement somewhere.......I just...cant...seem....to grasp it

Collier11
11/18/2008, 12:00 AM
Yea, I retyped it but when I did that, I didnt remove THE

Curly Bill
11/18/2008, 12:02 AM

Didn't remove THE ???

bosworthsteroidmafia
11/18/2008, 01:21 AM
Ironic to see Bradford catching some heat for coldplay...

I had something really funny to contribute to this thread, but it seems somebody's feelings got hurt. EDSBS had a link up today of a recently shot and removed youtube video of Eric Crouch "Hangin' Tough" at the last New Kids on the Block show in Omaha. I hope it surfaces again because if you missed it, it is a riot.

Now, I cut Crouch a little bit of slack because he lives in Nebraska which isn't exactly a mecca of pop culture, but this was some full-on fist-pumping, aggie male-cheerleader thrusting, man-chowder lovin' Hangin' TOUGH!

PalmBeachSooner1
11/18/2008, 04:56 AM
Sam: Great QB, great golfer (my main qualifier) and great taste in music.

Sam- Coolest QB we've ever had?

Lott's Bandana
11/18/2008, 07:31 AM
Sam: Great QB, great golfer (my main qualifier) and great taste in music.

Sam- Coolest QB we've ever had?

Sam is great. If not "coolest", perhaps "most impressive". JC Watts represents well, as does Steve Davis and Josh.

However, please refer to my avvie.

T-Lott came outta his mama with a PhD in cool.
:cool:

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/18/2008, 08:25 AM
Robert Allen:

"I am going to write up a report and send it to the NCAA. This is obviously an NCAA violation. He can't have fun!!!!"

Ton Loc
11/18/2008, 08:28 AM
You know the hardest thing about being a Coldplay fan?
Telling your parents your gay. ;)

I'm hoping Sam was there with a girl.
Of course Coldplay is a talented group of guys, but still...

Collier11
11/18/2008, 09:19 AM
You know, I read an article and they asked Coldplay about that joke in 40 yr old virgin and Chris Martin said it was awesome and that they knew they truly had made it because of that joke, ha ha!

Ton Loc
11/18/2008, 09:59 AM
You know, I read an article and they asked Coldplay about that joke in 40 yr old virgin and Chris Martin said it was awesome and that they knew they truly had made it because of that joke, ha ha!

I thought you only truly made it as a band if Weird Al remade one of your songs. :P

but the reference in a popular movie probably carries a little more weight than Weird Al does these days.

http://www.wilkes.mcdermid.com/blog/weird_al.jpg

SoonerinSouthlake
11/18/2008, 01:12 PM

half the people who read this thread understand what you mean. The other 10% are still a bit confused by your math

SoonerShark
11/18/2008, 02:14 PM
You know the hardest thing about being a Coldplay fan?
Telling your parents your gay. ;)

I'm hoping Sam was there with a girl.
Of course Coldplay is a talented group of guys, but still...

He was standing beside a blond young woman.

SoonerShark
11/18/2008, 02:24 PM
Again, I think many who do not consider themselves fans would have been impressed had they gone. I remember taking a friend to see Bruce Springsteen in Norman in November 1978. We dragged him along to the concert. Afterward he was like Saul on the road to Damascus, struck blind and a disciple thereafter. And while not a force of nature like 1970s Springsteen, Coldplay was very good on stage, much to my surprise. I enjoyed myself despite the onset of being ill, which must subside before the Tech game in Norman the 22nd.

In the last 10 days, I saw ventriloquist/voice impersonator Terry Fator in Tulsa at the Brady, the Eagles in Tulsa at the BOK Center, and Coldplay in OKC.

As an aside, as a public service, though John Fogerty is in his 60s, he is great in concert. His body of work solo and with CCR is monumental. I saw him in Albuquerque in 2005 and 2006 and in Dallas in 2007.

Collier11
11/18/2008, 02:24 PM
Envy is a horrible thing...it is really sad because even being one of the two or three biggest bands in the world Coldplay still give Radiohead nothing but praise. Coldplay are one of those bands who half the people love and another 45% love but wont admit it for whatever reason. Anyone left after that just flat out hates them which is really a shame cus their newest CD is pure brilliance, not all the sing a-longs that they became known for

Geez you guys are dense ;)

This sentence had "THE" before another before I edited it

Coldplay are one of those bands who half the people love and another

Dio
11/18/2008, 03:37 PM
THE another 45% us are going to Metallica tonite

Dio
11/18/2008, 03:39 PM
....and that was post # 4000.

What do I win, Don Pardo?

sooner518
11/18/2008, 03:41 PM
THE another 45% us are going to Metallica tonite

no comment :pop: :pop: :pop:

SoonerShark
11/18/2008, 03:46 PM
"Off to never never land"
Metallica
Enter Sandman

starclassic tama
11/18/2008, 03:48 PM
methtallica

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/18/2008, 04:00 PM
Again, I think many who do not consider themselves fans would have been impressed had they gone. I remember taking a friend to see Bruce Springsteen in Norman in November 1978. We dragged him along to the concert. Afterward he was like Saul on the road to Damascus, struck blind and a disciple thereafter. And while not a force of nature like 1970s Springsteen, Coldplay was very good on stage, much to my surprise. I enjoyed myself despite the onset of being ill, which must subside before the Tech game in Norman the 22nd.

In the last 10 days, I saw ventriloquist/voice impersonator Terry Fator in Tulsa at the Brady, the Eagles in Tulsa at the BOK Center, and Coldplay in OKC.

As an aside, as a public service, though John Fogerty is in his 60s, he is great in concert. His body of work solo and with CCR is monumental. I saw him in Albuquerque in 2005 and 2006 and in Dallas in 2007.

There was a talking Donkey at the Springsteen Concert?

SoonerShark
11/19/2008, 02:40 AM
There was a talking Donkey at the Springsteen Concert?

Perhaps, but the sound was turned up so loudly that it was impossible to tell if the beast was braying or praying.

SoonerShark
11/21/2008, 02:04 AM
Norman, OK (AP) - The University of Oklahoma football team suffered its worst home defeat in nearly 12 years when Sooner quarterback Sam Bradford attended a Nine Inch Nails concert in Tulsa Saturday night while his teammates played Texas Tech University without him. When asked why he did not make the home game in Norman, Bradford explained, "Head like a hole, black as your soul. I'd rather die than give you control. And I forgot we had just one bye week."

Sooner1979
11/21/2008, 04:18 AM
I have on good knowledge that Sam was entertaining a certaing Big XII's supposed girlfriend at Coldplay...I wouldn't blame him at all, and besides just because you like Coldplay does not make you less of a man...I for one am not a fan persay, but I have liked a majority of their songs...Very talented group...

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/6900/cm1ef7.jpg

Source: Soonerfans.com (the only reliable media on the web) - SARCASM....

meoveryouxinfinity
11/21/2008, 08:14 AM
edit