http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2008/11/4_g31Ve_58.jpg

Oh hell yeah!

OUHOMER
11/17/2008, 06:01 AM
Does it have brakes:eek:

Okla-homey
11/17/2008, 07:28 AM

prolly not. Note the anti-paraplegia roll cage.

AlbqSooner
11/17/2008, 07:31 AM
prolly not. Note the Trial lawyer induced roll cage.

Fixed.:D

Fraggle145
11/17/2008, 07:34 AM
Pass me a lawn dart.

sooner_born_1960
11/17/2008, 07:35 AM

Yes. The rest of us call them "trees".

Okla-homey
11/17/2008, 07:37 AM
Fixed.:D

Actually, it is a point of pride among members of the trial bar that its efforts have resulted in subsequent remedial measures by countless manufacturers of otherwise horribly dangerous products.

IOW, popping them for a a few mil tends to induce design changes.;)

OU4LIFE
11/17/2008, 08:56 AM

Yes. The rest of us call them "trees".

Not me, I call them Sonny Bonos'

sooner_born_1960
11/17/2008, 08:58 AM
Trees are Sonny Bono brakes.

SoonerJack
11/17/2008, 09:12 AM
Wow. Mountain cars.

And I thought snowboarders were hazardous! lol

KingBarry
11/17/2008, 09:36 AM
More info plz!? kthx.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/17/2008, 09:46 AM
Actually, it is a point of pride among members of the trial bar that its efforts have resulted in subsequent remedial measures by countless manufacturers of otherwise horribly dangerous products.

Not to thread jack, but I understand your point and some very valuable consumer help has been given in this course. But then, some very valuable friviolous lawsuits have also brought lots of money to ambulance chasers, err, trial lawyers. One article I read said that if every legal theory on warnings would be placed, tires would have writing all over them and lawn mowers would have stickers everywhere...

I am waiting for that definitive lawsuit that will make cell phone use (of any type) while driving a car illegal...IMO that needs to happen.

Okla-homey
11/17/2008, 11:38 AM
I am waiting for that definitive lawsuit that will make cell phone use (of any type) while driving a car illegal...IMO that needs to happen.

we've actually kicked that around a few times. Problem is, because it is legal to do so in Oklahoma, and more importantly, because about 12 out of 12 jurors do so regularly, the Plaintiff's attorney who made such a claim would likely have his arse handed to him as the jurors thought to themselves, "how dare this pinstripe suited twit describe my celly call to my meemaw while driving as reckless conduct on my part."

TheHumanAlphabet
11/17/2008, 11:46 AM
Just because 12 of 12 jurors in Oklahoma do it, doesn't make it right or safe to do ;) - which it isn't BTW. Strong peer review research has shown it to be the case. My company based on our reviews have banned cell phone use while driving on company business.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/17/2008, 01:13 PM
What about being on your cell while piloting one of these mountain cars?

Okla-homey
11/17/2008, 01:17 PM
Just because 12 of 12 jurors in Oklahoma do it, doesn't make it right or safe to do ;) - which it isn't BTW. Strong peer review research has shown it to be the case. My company based on our reviews have banned cell phone use while driving on company business.

The point is, the legislature will have to act before you see this sort of thing brought as a claim by plaintiffs in Oklahoma IMHO.

FWIW, there are data that prove eating a hamburger while driving, putting on make-up, shaving one's face, twiddling with car stereo knobs, (or the knobs of car occupants,) changing CD's or iPod tracks, and heaven forbid, texting, are all as equally dangrous as talking on a mobile phone while driving.

TUSooner
11/17/2008, 01:24 PM
What about being on your cell while piloting one of these mountain cars?

Nice try. <sigh> :D

Half a Hundred
11/17/2008, 01:24 PM
The point is, the legislature will have to act before you see this sort of thing brought as a claim by plaintiffs in Oklahoma IMHO.

FWIW, there are data that prove eating a hamburger while driving, putting on make-up, shaving one's face, twiddling with car stereo knobs, (or the knobs of car occupants,) changing CD's or iPod tracks, and heaven forbid, texting, are all as equally dangrous as talking on a mobile phone while driving.

I've seen studies that indicate that text messaging may impair your driving ability as much if not more so than drunk driving. My friends wonder why I get pissed when they text me on a long drive (which I do fairly often).

The point is, if you want to get a hold of me, and need to ask a question, just call. I'm not a big fan of texting in the first place, but I realize it's here to stay.

Sooner_Havok
11/17/2008, 04:21 PM
http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/hot-fun-on-snow-slegooning-down-slopes-out-of-control

StoopTroup
11/17/2008, 07:58 PM
I guess the days of Old Schooling it will be over. :D

v-IrgAUsGDs

AlbqSooner
11/17/2008, 08:37 PM

That is how I meant it.
"The jingle of the guinea helps the hurt that honor feels."

John Kochtoston
11/18/2008, 01:59 AM
I guess the days of Old Schooling it will be over. :D

v-IrgAUsGDs

As will this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpCVrzVr97M

Ike
11/18/2008, 02:41 AM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2008/11/4_g31Ve_58.jpg

Oh hell yeah!

One of those would be fantastic up here in winter...if only there were any hills.

Oh, and that picture for some reason conjured up images in my brain that hadn't been conjured up in a looonnnnnng time.

http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Tron/tron_movie_image_light_cycles.jpg

Sooner_Havok
11/18/2008, 02:24 PM
One of those would be fantastic up here in winter...if only there were any hills.

Oh, and that picture for some reason conjured up images in my brain that hadn't been conjured up in a looonnnnnng time.

http://www.collider.com/uploads/imageGallery/Tron/tron_movie_image_light_cycles.jpg

I didn't even think of tron. I'm losing my edge :(

Frozen Sooner
11/18/2008, 02:49 PM

1. I will agree that texting while driving is stupid and dangerous. Anyone remember my bad wreck back in 2002 where I smashed up my WRX? Yeah, that was because I had just received a text from the fiancee and took my eyes off the road. I'm still thankful nobody got hurt because of my idiocy.

2. Alaska recently banned texting while driving, though talking is still legal.

Ike
11/18/2008, 02:56 PM
1. I will agree that texting while driving is stupid and dangerous. Anyone remember my bad wreck back in 2002 where I smashed up my WRX? Yeah, that was because I had just received a text from the fiancee and took my eyes off the road. I'm still thankful nobody got hurt because of my idiocy.

So if talking through a bluetooth is illegal, what's the difference between that and having a conversation with someone in the passenger seat?

Frozen Sooner
11/18/2008, 03:24 PM
No idea.

soonerboomer93
11/18/2008, 03:57 PM

you know, that story would be better if she had been giving you a hummer while driving

Frozen Sooner
11/18/2008, 04:08 PM
Does it help to know that she gave me a hummer once in a bar?

soonerboomer93
11/18/2008, 04:33 PM
did you crash the bar?

Okla-homey
11/18/2008, 08:07 PM

which is nice. But, enforceable? hardly.