PDA

View Full Version : Scouting MVSU; Apparantly, They Don't Go To School

OUSKINS
11/17/2008, 12:11 AM
The Delta Devils dropped a nailbiter up in Pullman, WA the other night, losing 76-25. Don't be fooled by the fact that they were outscored 41-11 in the 1st half--they exploded for 14 points in the 2nd.

Washington St. pulled away late.

Digging a bit deeper into the heart of the MVSU program, I found some rather disturbing tidbits.

From Nov 14th through December 15th, they will play 11 basketball games. Zero of those games will be played in Mississippi. In under 10 days, they will have traveled to Arizona to Washington to Oklahoma to Montana to Arkansas. After the Thanksgiving break they will head back out on their world tour, landing in Iowa and then Kentucky, then on to Texas. They will again stop in Arkansas before returning to the Delta and resuming what appears to be a normal schedule.

These guys are like the Washington Generals of college hoops....let's hope we make like the Globetrotters Monday night!

Ton Loc
11/17/2008, 09:21 AM
Apparently their school earns money the same way as the Generals. Traveling the world and getting their *** handed to them. :D

I'll put the over/under on Blake dunks at 8.

shaun4411
11/17/2008, 09:23 AM
willie warren breakout game. ww for 68

OUSKINS
11/17/2008, 10:16 AM
I HATE these kinds of games in football. HATE them. It's one of my many, many problems with college football. Playing lousy teams in football stinks because it's one of only 12 games.....and it's a total waste. It's a long day for nothing. I enjoy the atmosphere in Norman on gameday as much as the next guy, but it's not very fun when you KNOW the opponent has a 0% of coming within 30 points. It's not a test for your team....it's a glorified practice. I cringe when I see Chattanooga or North Texas on the schedule.

But in hoops, I sort of enjoy the bloodbath :)

First of all, it's one of 30-35 games, meaning it doesn't really cheapen the experience.

Second, basketball is a sport more ripe for an upset. Get one hot hand on the other team, and it could be a game.

Third, you know your team will eventually be tested time and time again in college bball, unlike football. I'll gladly take a few gimmies and not apologize for them.

Fourth, it's fun to watch Blake dunk. He will dunk a lot tonight.

boomersooner28
11/17/2008, 08:59 PM
So let me get this straight.....college basketball players can travel all over God's green Earth and miss tons of school while getting hammered every other night and its no big deal, yet we can't get a play-off in football cause they would miss too much school? :rolleyes: Makes since.....NOT!

Frozen Sooner
11/17/2008, 10:59 PM
Yeah, check out those stellar basketball graduation rates.

You'd think Jerry Rice would cut a check now and then to help the school out.

royalfan5
11/17/2008, 11:11 PM
I'm pretty sure I have more fingers on one hand than the number of OOC Home games played by SWAC Members.