PDA

View Full Version : "Stormchasers" on Discovery Channel

SoonerStormchaser
11/16/2008, 11:04 PM
Yah...I know most of the guys. But jeez, I can't stand Reed...that guy is a ****ing moron who is gonna get someone killed one day with his antics.

Sooner_Havok
11/16/2008, 11:08 PM
Yah...I know most of the guys. But jeez, I can't stand Reed...that guy is a ****ing moron who is gonna get someone killed one day with his antics.

*******! All I had was a honda civic and some ****** on the cell phone telling us to turn into a hail core. :mad:

:gary: :gary:

Curly Bill
11/16/2008, 11:14 PM
I like that show, and especially the ones that ain't skeert. The professor seems too cautious to me. Of course if I saw a nador I'd be cautious too. :O

Okla-homey
11/17/2008, 07:31 AM
:gary: Folks, this storm is a killer. Do not go outside to watch. Take cover now!

Boomer.....
11/17/2008, 08:40 AM
The younger guys are much more entertaining than the group out older guys. The main scientific guy with the DOW is a moron.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/17/2008, 09:49 AM
*******! All I had was a honda civic and some ****** on the cell phone telling us to turn into a hail core. :mad:

:gary: :gary:

Our me, I was following Howie and got hit by a core of softball sized hard hail...He was 100 yards in front, got nothing but graupel. My Mercury Capri was toast with fist sized hail damage all over. It is something when Howie even says he's never seen damage like that... :(

And yes, I am waiting to hear of some stupid jack storm chaser killing a couple of storm tourists...

SoonerStormchaser
11/17/2008, 10:08 AM
Dr. Wurman was NOT that liked and respected by most of my buddies and I while I was a METR major.

Danny was a senior when I was a freshman. I still talk to him from time to time on Facebook...mostly to talk trash about the Colorado Avalanche and the Broncos...but he's a real fun-loving guy to hang out with. I never met his chasing partner, though, just ran into him (not literally) a few times on the road while chasing.

Justin is probably one of the best guys I've been around. All around nice guy. He was in my video production class back in the fall of '04, and we were stuck in so many video projects together, we'd resort to intentionally sabotaging the other to laugh/screw up/etc.

Gabe (the new guy from last night's show) is one of my best friends from that time, and the only one of the bunch that I ever went chasing with routinely. The funny thing is that Carolyn and I talked to him about this show at a mutual friend's wedding in August and he never once hinted that he was gonna be on it.

Reed...oh man what can I say about him that won't get asterisked? Yes, he's a good chaser...yes he gets great videos. However, it's HOW he resorts to getting his videos and what he does with them afterward that boils my blood. He's extremely unsafe...and downright reckless...and Discovery Channel are fools for even glamorizing what he does. Mark my words, one of these days, his actions are going to get someone killed...either with his group, or people imitating his methods.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/17/2008, 10:38 AM
Dr. Wurman was NOT that liked and respected by most of my buddies and I while I was a METR major.

Danny was a senior when I was a freshman. I still talk to him from time to time on Facebook...mostly to talk trash about the Colorado Avalanche and the Broncos...but he's a real fun-loving guy to hang out with. I never met his chasing partner, though, just ran into him (not literally) a few times on the road while chasing.

Justin is probably one of the best guys I've been around. All around nice guy. He was in my video production class back in the fall of '04, and we were stuck in so many video projects together, we'd resort to intentionally sabotaging the other to laugh/screw up/etc.

Gabe (the new guy from last night's show) is one of my best friends from that time, and the only one of the bunch that I ever went chasing with routinely. The funny thing is that Carolyn and I talked to him about this show at a mutual friend's wedding in August and he never once hinted that he was gonna be on it.

Reed...oh man what can I say about him that won't get asterisked? Yes, he's a good chaser...yes he gets great videos. However, it's HOW he resorts to getting his videos and what he does with them afterward that boils my blood. He's extremely unsafe...and downright reckless...and Discovery Channel are fools for even glamorizing what he does. Mark my words, one of these days, his actions are going to get someone killed...either with his group, or people imitating his methods.

I had Wurman for intro level METR the very first semester after the May 3rd tornado. He was in and out, talked about stuff over our heads and it was so bad, our grad student GA didn't understand any of it. He is by far my least favorite professor I have ever had the entire time I did METR. Danny is my favorite, but probably because I know him as well.

As for Reed, he is the craziest guy I know. I saw the one where they called off the chase and helped out the town that got hit by a tornado. That is a far cry from what they used to do. When I interned at the TV station, we always ran his videos because they are good, but one time the on air meteorologist called him one of our chasers and the news director was not happy because of his unsafeness and dropping f-bombs that had to be bleeped out.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/17/2008, 11:25 AM
Uhmmm, Meteorology memories...

Howie and Fred for Synoptics,
Duchon thrown in there for some classes,
Amos Eddy slapping his forehead, and

Partying hard with Kimpel, Duchon, and John Flaum.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/17/2008, 01:14 PM

Heh. Reminds me of twister.

Why aren't you on the show? Didn't make the cut?

KABOOKIE
11/17/2008, 01:50 PM
The best "grant and funding" profs are usually the worst teachers.

bluedogok
11/17/2008, 10:19 PM
The best "grant and funding" profs are usually the worst teachers.
That is because they are politicians and not teachers.

SoonerStormchaser
11/18/2008, 12:48 AM
Heh. Reminds me of twister.

Why aren't you on the show? Didn't make the cut?

The show is called "Stormchasers" not "Frag Mag AWACS Navs."

OUWxGuesser
11/18/2008, 01:37 AM
Well if you don't like this show, you've got another option coming soon:

http://www.nbc.com/Primetime/Tornado_Road/

TheHumanAlphabet
11/18/2008, 09:32 AM
These TV people are stupid and THEY WILL GET SOMEONE killed.

SoonerStormchaser
11/18/2008, 12:19 PM
Well if you don't like this show, you've got another option coming soon:

http://www.nbc.com/Primetime/Tornado_Road/

Oh jeez! Just what we needed!

Btw Aaron, who's on this show?

StoopTroup
11/18/2008, 09:59 PM
OMG...SSC...your Bill Paxton and your Wife is Helen Hunt.

Things have really cleared up for me now. :D ;)

lLeOAQsqouU&feature=related

StoopTroup
11/18/2008, 10:13 PM
I do like this tornado...:D

QbF6VcjMF5U&feature=related

SoonerStormchaser
11/19/2008, 08:44 AM
I hate you so much! (cause my wife is hawter than Helen Hunt)