PDA

View Full Version : A Blowout vs. Tech?

soonerfan28
11/16/2008, 05:15 PM
Do we need a blowout against Tech to earn some respect. I know that people forget aout you somewhat when you're off but I think we might have to have at least a 14-17 point win to get some respect. I think if we win out then we should be good in the polls, but thats just my opinion.

NOVSooner
11/16/2008, 05:35 PM
looking at the BCS numbers and the "distance" b/t us and #3 along with the fact that florida is the media darlings right now, i think we'll have to win big to move up in the polls, we'll def. have to be on top of our game and have a blowout, i don't see a narrow margin of victory giving us much of a bump, although if i'm not mistaken, when tech beat horns tech went from #7 to #2 or #3 so who knows but i agree it's got to be at least a 2 touchdown vicotry

oupride
11/16/2008, 05:38 PM
agree. two tds

JLEW1818
11/16/2008, 05:59 PM
I still think 1 points wins over tech and state will get us in. Telling ya, BCS likes what have you done lately.

but yes 2 touchdowns over tech should put us over the top.

Iam4OUru
11/16/2008, 06:03 PM
If we were to beat Leach by 14 points.....a 1 point win in Stoolwater would put us in biness.:D

JLEW1818
11/16/2008, 06:07 PM
yep, I think 2 wins puts us in.

Okie35
11/16/2008, 06:09 PM
i say we win by like 10...

BoulderSooner79
11/16/2008, 06:25 PM
I don't see it as a point thing. The whole college football nation will be watching, so we just have to play well. If Tech plays well and stays with us, we just have to find a way to win. If Tech blinks under the pressure, we need to put them away.

JLEW1818
11/16/2008, 06:27 PM
This will be the game, where Bob continues to pound regardless of score.... we have to... we can't be polite.

BoulderSooner79
11/16/2008, 06:31 PM
Could too big of a blowout actually hurt us ? Not that it is something to worry about, but if we demoralize TT and they blow the Baylor game the next week - we're done! I can't see that happening since TT would still have lots to play for, but if our game is very physical and Harrell or Crabtree can't go against Baylor... The horror :eek:

JLEW1818
11/16/2008, 06:33 PM
haha I've actually thought about Baylor a couple times.

MojoRisen
11/16/2008, 06:35 PM
Texas has a bye this weekend, so if we win by more than a TD we should jump them again in the coaches poll! Computers I think will give us the goods regardless of size of Victory..

JLEW1818
11/16/2008, 06:36 PM
wow, Saturday needs to get here.

AzianSooner
11/16/2008, 07:49 PM
It is hard to get a W with TT this year let alone the blow-out thing.

OU_Sooners75
11/16/2008, 07:55 PM
Step 1....Win the game.
Step 2....Win the game.
Step 3....Score a lot of points...who cares what the margin is.
Step 4....Win the game.

And we can beat Tech all we want too. If we cannot beat OSU we will be packing for San Diego while Tech and Texas are playing in BCS games and OSU will be in Dallas. Missouri would end in S.A.

tommieharris91
11/16/2008, 09:48 PM
Could too big of a blowout actually hurt us ? Not that it is something to worry about, but if we demoralize TT and they blow the Baylor game the next week - we're done! I can't see that happening since TT would still have lots to play for, but if our game is very physical and Harrell or Crabtree can't go against Baylor... The horror :eek:

If they blow the Baylor game next week, Texas goes anyway. I don't see them losing that game, though.

StoopTroup
11/16/2008, 09:50 PM
I don't think we need a blowout...we do need to dominate them though.

BoulderSooner79
11/16/2008, 09:56 PM
If they blow the Baylor game next week, Texas goes anyway. I don't see them losing that game, though.

That's what I mean - we still need that 3 way tie, so we still depend on TT beating Baylor to have a chance at the conference. Just like UT needs us to beat both TT and OSU. We could blow out TT and OSU and have Baylor knock us out !

85sooners
11/17/2008, 10:51 AM
:pop:

Desert Sapper
11/17/2008, 11:08 AM
Will even a blowout of Tech and a win over O-State be enough? I'm not even sure blowout wins in the last two games will be enough. The media talking heads are already starting to fellate McCoy and Tejas again. I will be pissed, but not entirely surprised if we beat Tech and OSU and Texas still goes to the MNC.

Of course...we have to get there first, which means stopping Crabtree and Harrell (and not many have even slowed them down). I hope we are watching tape of NU and UT. Both teams gave Tech a run for their money.

rondog79
11/17/2008, 12:11 PM
This will be the game, where Bob continues to pound regardless of score.... we have to... we can't be polite.

i totally agree for 2 points tech can score fast the second point is show that we can score alot of points in the 4th quarter

soonerfan28
11/17/2008, 10:28 PM
What if we win out and Texas plays for the CC and loses then does anybody see us having a chance to sneak into the national title if Bama beats Florida or would it go to USC even if Oregon State wins the conference. That is so far away and the only thing we can do is win ouy and let the cards fall where they may, but I've been thinking about that scenario for a awhile.

mightysooner
11/17/2008, 10:30 PM
We kinda owe those punks some "business". I think our defense will come out fired up and stingy. Things will get tough for T-Tech real fast and out offense will continue to dominate. We will run right over them.

SoonerinSouthlake
11/17/2008, 11:26 PM
i say we win by like 10...

10-14 point win and we are there.

Boomer38Sooner
11/17/2008, 11:36 PM
The BCS poll rewards quality wins later in the season higher than they do earlier in the season which, to me, means if we win out we will end up in front of texas. But just like Sooners75 said, lets just win and then we'll see what happens.

KingBarry
11/18/2008, 01:38 AM
That's what I mean - we still need that 3 way tie, so we still depend on TT beating Baylor to have a chance at the conference. Just like UT needs us to beat both TT and OSU. We could blow out TT and OSU and have Baylor knock us out !

I wouldn't invest a lot of time in worrying about this one.

Tech has about 6 receivers they can beat Baylor with. If they lost Harrell, Tech might be in trouble, but even that's a big "might."

And how 'bout we stop worrying about making sure we blow out Tech to get "respect." If we wanted respect we shouldn't have lost to Texas, and we shouldn't have stunk up the building in our last four BCS bowl games.

We need to be worrying about scoring one more point than Tech, which frankly we may not do. Texas couldn't do it, and they handed us our asses.

Texas losing to Missouri, with two more wins for us, may be our only shot at the BCS title.

Crimson_Balls
11/18/2008, 01:59 AM
OU wins out.
Fla. State beats Florida.
Alabama loses to Florida in the SEC CCG.
Oregon State wins the Pac 10
Texas beats Mizzou in the BigXII title game

OU beats Texas in the BCS Championship. The Sooners would beat the Big XII champs and beat the only team that beat them :D

PalmBeachSooner1
11/18/2008, 04:52 AM
We don't need anything but to win out. I don't care if we win by 1 point. Should we win our next 2, then beat Mizzou- we'll play Florida down here thanks to Iowa. We only have to win out.

OUmillenium
11/18/2008, 10:11 AM
No blowout needed. Taco teck is the media darling right now, as is Graham H. A noncontroversial win, even if close is all we need followed by a win v. OSUx.

BoulderSooner79
11/18/2008, 10:17 AM

Tech has about 6 receivers they can beat Baylor with. If they lost Harrell, Tech might be in trouble, but even that's a big "might."

And how 'bout we stop worrying about making sure we blow out Tech to get "respect." If we wanted respect we shouldn't have lost to Texas, and we shouldn't have stunk up the building in our last four BCS bowl games.

We need to be worrying about scoring one more point than Tech, which frankly we may not do. Texas couldn't do it, and they handed us our asses.

Texas losing to Missouri, with two more wins for us, may be our only shot at the BCS title.

I'm not worried about any of this stuff. Just sayin' that in a BCS world, once you lose, things can happen you don't control. Not worth worrying about - just cheer for the Sooners and have fun.

soonerfan28
11/18/2008, 10:22 AM

I think we should worry about what is in front of us and not whats behind us. We can't fix what happend a month ago but we deserve to be in that game as much as any other 1 loss team.

soonermix
11/18/2008, 11:05 AM
Step 1....Cut a hole in the box.
Step 2....Win the game.
Step 3....Score a lot of points...who cares what the margin is.
Step 4....Win the game.

And we can beat Tech all we want too. If we cannot beat OSU we will be packing for San Diego while Tech and Texas are playing in BCS games and OSU will be in Dallas. Missouri would end in S.A.

fixed