PDA

View Full Version : It's 2:30 Sunday, Is the NFL on right now????

Curly Bill
11/16/2008, 03:38 PM
I'm assuming it is, but I have to admit I don't give a rip. Once upon a time I would have been glued to the TV, for the past several years that has not been the case, and I think I'm caring less and less.

Still love me some college football, but the NFL? Not so much.

olevetonahill
11/16/2008, 03:46 PM
I dont Know .

OU-HSV
11/16/2008, 03:47 PM
Play fantasy football, that will get you interested in keeping up with it again. That's the main reason I watch it.
Plus AD is on tv right now as well.

Curly Bill
11/16/2008, 03:49 PM
Play fantasy football, that will get you interested in keeping up with it again. That's the main reason I watch it.

I will watch some games if ex-Sooners are playing, and I'll likely watch the Cowboys tonight, but in general the NFL has lost me. Fantasy football would prolly require more effort then I'd want to put into it -- at least to be good at it.

Sooner5030
11/16/2008, 03:52 PM
Watching the Vikings is painful.

OU-HSV
11/16/2008, 03:56 PM
I will watch some games if ex-Sooners are playing, and I'll likely watch the Cowboys tonight, but in general the NFL has lost me. Fantasy football would prolly require more effort then I'd want to put into it -- at least to be good at it.

Yeah it does take a lot of effort, and you have to really look at matchups and stuff like that if you want to be good. Or you could join a league and not keep up with it too closely like some guys in my league and you'd have a record of about 4-6, 3-7, or 2-8 like the bottom three teams in my league:D

Curly Bill
11/16/2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah it does take a lot of effort, and you have to really look at matchups and stuff like that if you want to be good. Or you could join a league and not keep up with it too closely like some guys in my league and you'd have a record of about 4-6, 3-7, or 2-8 like the bottom three teams in my league:D

Exactly, and if I did it I'd want to be good at it, but I wouldn't want to spend the time to do it. So...I just stay away. :D

Sooner5030
11/16/2008, 03:59 PM
Jimmy Wilkerson has had a good day though.

Same for Mark Bradley

auto
11/16/2008, 04:01 PM
No Fun League sucks. Can you even tackle anymore?

Curly Bill
11/16/2008, 04:03 PM
No Fun League sucks. Can you even tackle anymore?

Well yeah...just not the QB...or from behind....or too hard...or with mean intent...or landing on the guy...or so that it hurts his feelers...:D

OU-HSV
11/16/2008, 04:09 PM
Exactly, and if I did it I'd want to be good at it, but I wouldn't want to spend the time to do it. So...I just stay away. :D

Probably not a bad idea then.
I know my wife is ready for my football league to be done. So I just keep reminding her of the money I may win

PDXsooner
11/16/2008, 04:14 PM
i'm with you, i can watch all day saturday -- but i don't watch the NFL at all and don't miss it one bit...

Lott's Bandana
11/16/2008, 04:18 PM

Actually, he really wasn't.

I have rarely seen anything like this before.
The Vikings literally only had one possession in the second half until there was less than 4 minutes left, then two 4 and outs.

Fumbles on KO returns and Taylor at the end of the game cost them any chance to win.

AD had 70+ in the first half and finished with 85yds.

sooner518
11/16/2008, 04:19 PM
i watch maybe a half a game on Sundays and might watch MNF. but beyond that, I really dont care. fantasy football helps keep me a little more interested, but the fact that I pracitcally have to force myself to be interested means I dont care all that much to start with....

sooner2b09
11/16/2008, 04:37 PM
Only reason to watch NFL is fantasy. I am addicted :D

stoopified
11/16/2008, 04:43 PM
Only reason to watch NFL is fantasy. I am addicted :DThat is the same reason I watch the Plaboy Channel,I'm dedicated too. :D

Curly Bill
11/16/2008, 04:46 PM
That is the same reason I watch the Plaboy Channel,I'm dedicated too. :D

If I stay in the house too much now I can just imagine...:D

...of course that would keep me off of here so much. :D

OU-HSV
11/16/2008, 05:22 PM
Actually, he really wasn't.

I have rarely seen anything like this before.
The Vikings literally only had one possession in the second half until there was less than 4 minutes left, then two 4 and outs.

Fumbles on KO returns and Taylor at the end of the game cost them any chance to win.

AD had 70+ in the first half and finished with 85yds.

Yeah I noticed the drop off in the second half. I was mostly watching the giants game but flipped over a lot in the first half of the vikes game.

I've never understood why some games they just seem to barely use AD in the second half. Poor coaching.

olevetonahill
11/16/2008, 05:43 PM
Just a FYI its 4:43 and I still dont Know .
Jes sayin .