PDA

View Full Version : Let the hype begin

BoulderSooner79
11/16/2008, 01:32 AM
I'm going out on a limb and predicting that OU vs TT will get mentioned a few times this week on sports talk shows. It has to be the biggest game remaining in college football before the CCGs. Too bad Bama was able to run up the score in the 2nd half today or TT might have been able to take over BCS #1. No matter, it will be an exciting week and I can't wait for Saturday.

sooner59
11/16/2008, 02:36 AM
They were talking about this game before today's games were over. I for one have my ticket and will be using my voice as little as possible to prepare for Saturday. #2 vs #5, Gameday, the Big 12 CCG, MNC, biggest game of the week, Harrell vs Bradford, Tech offense vs OU defense, OU offense vs Tech defense, praying everytime we kickoff.... its gonna be the biggest game in Norman in years. Im ready to bring it from the student section.

We might set a new attendance record. So many students are trying unsuccessfully to get tickets. Regular tickets are pretty high. Its a night game (liquored up fans). Its gonna be loud.....hopefully all game. I am really hoping Venables isn't distracted and prepares the "entire" defense for this game.

If we look impressive in a win, it will mean a lot. I want to keep Bob's losses at Owen Field to stay at 2 and move on to aggy next week.

Just a thought.....who matches up best with Crabtree? Or do we run zone?

Crucifax Autumn
11/16/2008, 03:38 AM
I hope we bury them. I hope OUr D can hold them to their lowest score all season and I hope we hang at least a hundred on them.

This needs to be impressive enough to convince the multiple TV jackholes I heard on TV saying that if we win we should still be below the texasses.

misplacedsooner
11/16/2008, 08:11 AM
a victory over the undeafeted #1-2 team in the nation should speak volumes by any margin. that said im saying an ou victory 55-31. so next sundays poll should be bama, florida (who plays the mighty citadel) should be leg humping for first because of the espn geeks, us ( yes we should jump texass at this point by a slim margin, texass, and followed up by snoop dogg u.

OU-HSV
11/16/2008, 08:25 AM
They were talking about this game before today's games were over. I for one have my ticket and will be using my voice as little as possible to prepare for Saturday. #2 vs #5, Gameday, the Big 12 CCG, MNC, biggest game of the week, Harrell vs Bradford, Tech offense vs OU defense, OU offense vs Tech defense, praying everytime we kickoff.... its gonna be the biggest game in Norman in years. Im ready to bring it from the student section.

We might set a new attendance record. So many students are trying unsuccessfully to get tickets. Regular tickets are pretty high. Its a night game (liquored up fans). Its gonna be loud.....hopefully all game. I am really hoping Venables isn't distracted and prepares the "entire" defense for this game.

If we look impressive in a win, it will mean a lot. I want to keep Bob's losses at Owen Field to stay at 2 and move on to aggy next week.

Just a thought.....who matches up best with Crabtree? Or do we run zone?

Yep it's gonna be wild. My Tech fan buddy and his wife are going to the game with my wife and me...one of the couples isn't going to be in a great mood come 11 pm or after next Saturday night. I'm hoping my wife and I are the happy couple :D
There is so much on the line here as you all have mentioned.

I don't know if any of our DBs match up well man to man with Crabtree, I figure we'll go zone mostly, but I don't know. I have noticed one bad habit Crabtree has, when he's running with the football he leaves it away from his body too much....I won't be surprised if our D gets at least one fumble off of him.

Since71ASooner4Life
11/16/2008, 08:39 AM
And this is exactly why there will never be some stupid playoff system in College football. Not that ruining every bowl game except the National Championship isn't enough, but having playoffs would also ruin all these regular season / conference final games as well. The only thing anyone would be playing for would be seeding / home field advantages. Nobody would be talking in October about needing a 3-way tie in the Big-12 south division, and who had to do what for that scenario to play out.

StoopTroup
11/16/2008, 10:03 AM
Had Bama lost yesterday, Tech would have risen to #1 and Florida would be loved into #2.

OU beating Tech? Sure it's what we want...but will we get our due? Will we get enough BCS points to make it past Texas and matchup with what will surely be a #1 Florida at that point?

I'd like to think so...but the way the rest of the Country seems to be thinking...OU playing for the MNC will be a miscarriage of BCS Justice.

Beat Tech. OK.

Beat oSu on the Road. We better be ready for them after Tech...win or lose.

Aggy is chomping on the bit to prove they are for real. That makes me want to puke BTW.

If we knock off Tech this week...it will be interesting to see if the 3 way tie scenarios begin to be talked about. I'd like to think the experts are just not talking about it until after OU and Tech meet.

If Tech wins (God forbid), they deserve any and all respect. Staying undefeated in our Conference is quite a feat this year.

I just don't like all the talk I'm seeing right now...I hope our guys are getting a belly full of it. Use it like fuel and light the Sooner FIRE!

I hope we crush Mike Leach's little bunch of pirates.

Winning...it's not enough for me. I want our Boys to show the Nation that not only was the RRSO a fluke...our days at losing the big one are O-V-E-R.

OVER.

Dan Thompson
11/16/2008, 11:31 AM
I think the OU-TT game will be over shadowed by the USC-Stanford game.

All the talk will be about how great the USC defense held Standford, even though USC never had the lead until about 2:30 left in the 3rd.

USC just wore them down.

JLEW1818
11/16/2008, 01:55 PM
Again USC should be dropped for that. seriously.