PDA

View Full Version : Richie Rich leads Meatchicken to . . .

Jacie
11/16/2008, 12:02 AM
. . . the worst season in wolverine history.

The 8 losses, 5 of them in front of the home fans in that overblown stadium, are a school record and hey, they still have to play tOSU!

Here's a quote that'll have you thinking he heard it from another of OUr favorite coaches, who shall remain nameless but you know who I am referring to:

“Everybody’s going to judge you on your record, and that’s fair,” Rodriguez said. “I do think we’re making some steps that will eventually show up on game days.”

Richie, it is evident to pretty much all of us that the steps you are making have already shown up on game days!

Crucifax Autumn
11/16/2008, 01:23 AM
You gotta think Lloyd Carr is rolling around laughing somewhere.

Curly Bill
11/16/2008, 01:24 AM
I know that I be's laughing.

IronSooner
11/16/2008, 01:38 AM
Food for thought: Rich Rodriguez leaving WVU for UM made both schools worse.

misplacedsooner
11/16/2008, 01:41 AM
i have a real hard time watching the maize and blue. i grew up in michigan and we had season tics as long as i could remember. i became enlightened on vacation in 6th grade thereabouts and family had tics to see the sooners and i watched joe washington run crazy and fell in love. i always wore my ou stuff to all the michigan games from that point and painted my football cleats silver with red stripes (even though we were blue and gold)
its gonna take rich rod at least 2-3 seasons to get his type of players in to be able to run what he wants to run, steven threet is not his type of qb for sure. very true though, if the fans and alum dont run him out of town he will build a winner.

BoulderSooner79
11/16/2008, 01:50 AM
My pre-season prediction for most surprising and most disappointing teams were Pitt and Michigan respectively. The verdict is still out on Pitt who are still in the Big East race, but I think Michigan is assured of being at least one of the most disappointing teams. I know the expectation were not high, but given the talent stockpile and the weakness of the big10, they should have at least kept that 33 year bowl streak going.

misplacedsooner
11/16/2008, 08:02 AM
i will agree with that point for sure, the big 10 is aweful and michigan had to have at least some decent talent left over. the mighty utah utes dont look so mighty now do they seeing they only beat michigan by 2...heck toledo beat em by 3. utah in the bcs.........gimme a break!

Since71ASooner4Life
11/16/2008, 08:33 AM
Anyone think that Sam McGuffie has second guessed his decision? I believe he's got significant playing time already this year, but I'd rather be a winner.

Okla-homey
11/16/2008, 09:00 AM
it must be stated, a sucky meatchicken team has, at least once in history, dismantled a bucknut team theretofore bound for a national championship. I learned that when I watched the documentary on that rivalry on HBO.

RedstickSooner
11/16/2008, 12:38 PM
I have nothing against meatchicken, but watching them implode like this is kinda funny.

Okla-homey
11/16/2008, 12:41 PM
I have nothing against meatchicken, but watching them implode like this is kinda funny.

we Germans call that schadenfruede

MichiganSooner
11/16/2008, 12:44 PM
it must be stated, a sucky meatchicken team has, at least once in history, dismantled a bucknut team theretofore bound for a national championship. I learned that when I watched the documentary on that rivalry on HBO.

Yup. It happened in 1969 when BO beat WOODY the first time they met.
A game for the ages which turned Michigan around to become the dominant force they had once been. Prior to that season, it was kind of like the Blake era. That game was their version of Nebraska at OU in 2000 and the goal posts came down.

I watched it on our family's ole black and white. Here it is in living color.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgl1AtRoanU

MichiganSooner
11/16/2008, 02:10 PM
The 2008 team of RR does not come close to the 1969 team in talent, attitude, chemistry, and RR is no comparison, so far, to Bo. There will be no upset this year.

JLEW1818
11/16/2008, 02:12 PM
They have a sr qb at some school in texas that will be their starter next year. Honestly he could have started this year.

badger
11/16/2008, 02:23 PM
Food for thought: Rich Rodriguez leaving WVU for UM made both schools worse.

Ah, kind of like when Oklahomans left Oklahoma during the Dust Bowl for California it made both states smarter? :P