PDA

View Full Version : Soonerhubler. Here you go.

colinreturn
11/15/2008, 11:08 PM
Prior to 1978, Mormon leaders forbid Blacks from holding the Mormon Priesthood. In 1978, due to mounting pressure from pending lawsuits concerning racism, Spencer W. Kimball suddenly received a revelation that Blacks could now enter the temple and hold the Mormon Priesthood. If the Mormon Church had not changed it's views on Black people, it would have lost its Tax-Exempt 503(c) status - as pending litigation in several states in America was proceeding.

Today the Mormon Church flatly denies that it's revelation was based on losing its Tax-Exempt 503(c) status - however a great deal of evidence exists showing that it did.

Rogue
11/15/2008, 11:09 PM
Heh.

This won't end well.

Stitch Face
11/15/2008, 11:10 PM
IB...nevermind.

soonerhubs
11/15/2008, 11:37 PM
Wow. The Mormon Curtain. What a reliable website! A bunch of bitter exMormons. You seriously didn't just cite a biased .com site did you?

soonerhubs
11/15/2008, 11:44 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SRlXZ5W8lTs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SRlXZ5W8lTs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

soonerhubs
11/15/2008, 11:47 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/kkPbMV7aXg6bwwy7pROvsnjWo1_400.jpg

colinreturn
11/15/2008, 11:50 PM
Wow. The Mormon Curtain. What a reliable website! A bunch of bitter exMormons. You seriously didn't just cite a biased .com site did you?

it doesnt matter where its from, its not attacking them. Its bringing up a valid point.

Vaevictis
11/15/2008, 11:50 PM
It does matter where it comes from, if you're citing it as a source.

colinreturn
11/15/2008, 11:58 PM
put the pieces together yourself.

pressure on church to allow blacks into eldership......leader has a revelation from god.

its just common sense, not a thing you need to cite

Veritas
11/16/2008, 12:01 AM
Hi. I'm a mod. Your posting style has fail written all over it. Perhaps you should stick to the football board.

Scoreboard.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/16/2008, 12:15 AM
I find offense to all this.

As a proud, black MORMON, I've been an elder for a little over 40 years now. Stop spewing your bile all over the board. I love my church, my church loves me, and we both love our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We simply speak with our faith while you're reduced to a childish hatchetjob against something bigger and greater than what we can do alone.

Just stop. The offense has gone on long enough.

Stitch Face
11/16/2008, 12:21 AM

As a proud, black MORMON, I've been an elder for a little over 40 years now. Stop spewing your bile all over the board. I love my church, my church loves me, and we both love our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We simply speak with our faith while you're reduced to a childish hatchetjob against something bigger and greater than what we can do alone.

You're a black Mormon? You weren't in that Playstation game "Mark of Cain," were you?

Tulsa_Fireman
11/16/2008, 12:22 AM
Yes.

Wasn't I a total bad *** in that game?

colinreturn
11/16/2008, 12:24 AM

im not attacking anybodys faith, all I did was bring up the fact that mormons did not allow black elders into their church until 1978. Their leader had a revelation from god.

I am very happy for anyone that finds themselves happy within their own religion

Stitch Face
11/16/2008, 12:26 AM
Yes.

Wasn't I a total bad *** in that game?

The baddest!!!

Tulsa_Fireman
11/16/2008, 12:32 AM
Your numbers don't add up, stud.

Maybe you should just go away, drop your personal vendetta against the LDS church, and satisfy your urges to bash our specific sect of religion with episodes of South Park and the occasional cross burning.

Check this out. The Catholic church killed a bunch of people. Protestant ministers have been arrested for anything from pedophilia to fraud. Every sect of ORGANIZED RELIGION, not just Christianity, has some sort of black mark in its history that you can point at and demonize as if that is representative of the Body of Christ's church. The fact is that the Body of Christ's Church strives everyday to be more like our Lord, act as he would act, and serve our fellow man.

So regardless of what tag is hung at the end of Christianity to define some man-made hierarchy and set of established theology, the fact remains that we're ALL Christians, all serving Christ, and all are born in his image to perform the Lord's works.

So knock it off. You're being an ***.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2008, 12:37 AM
wow

colinreturn
11/16/2008, 12:43 AM

Maybe you should just go away, drop your personal vendetta against the LDS church, and satisfy your urges to bash our specific sect of religion with episodes of South Park and the occasional cross burning.

Check this out. The Catholic church killed a bunch of people. Protestant ministers have been arrested for anything from pedophilia to fraud. Every sect of ORGANIZED RELIGION, not just Christianity, has some sort of black mark in its history that you can point at and demonize as if that is representative of the Body of Christ's church. The fact is that the Body of Christ's Church strives everyday to be more like our Lord, act as he would act, and serve our fellow man.

So regardless of what tag is hung at the end of Christianity to define some man-made hierarchy and set of established theology, the fact remains that we're ALL Christians, all serving Christ, and all are born in his image to perform the Lord's works.

Who said I didn't think other sects of christianity are problematic also, I dont have a personal vendetta against any religion. I have not attacked anyone.

Frozen Sooner
11/16/2008, 12:46 AM
I'd be wary of copying and pasting a passage that "proves" my point if the author of said passage had trouble with properly applying the past tense to the verb "to forbid," the proper punctuation of "its," and the proper spelling of "losing."

Vaevictis
11/16/2008, 12:49 AM

Not me man. I've been touched by the noodly appendage of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and his Garlicy Tomato Paste Revelations.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/16/2008, 12:53 AM
Not me man. I've been touched by the noodly appendage of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and his Garlicy Tomato Paste Revelations.

And I'm really a white guy from a mishmashed Catholic-Nazarene background that chooses neither.

*pause*

*pause*

*sarcasm*

*pause*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Yeah, right.

SCOUT
11/16/2008, 02:11 AM
Who said I didn't think other sects of christianity are problematic also, I dont have a personal vendetta against any religion. I have not attacked anyone.

Sects of Christianity, Mormanism, Judaism, Hinduism, Atheism, Buddhism, Wiccansim, Druidism etc. all have their warts. It is almost like humans are the ones with the faults. It is almost like the religions are secondary to the faults of the individuals. Weird.

Fraggle145
11/16/2008, 03:03 AM
Check this out. The Catholic church killed a bunch of people. Protestant ministers have been arrested for anything from pedophilia to fraud. Every sect of ORGANIZED RELIGION, not just Christianity, has some sort of black mark in its history that you can point at and demonize as if that is representative of the Body of Christ's church.

One of the many reasons why I dont believe in a god... I think this quote from gandhi can go for many religions besides christianity as well: I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Fraggle145
11/16/2008, 03:04 AM

You too? :D

http://www.itchstudios.com/psg/other/fsm.jpg

Okla-homey
11/16/2008, 07:53 AM

you forgot the Jews. They killed Jesus. And the Episcopals. They were formed because the Pope in Rome refused to let Henry VIII get his freak on. And the Westboro "God Hates Fags" Baptist Church of Topeka, KS. Just sayin';)

and one more thing. If any church in this country was ever in serious danger of losing its tax-exempt status, it would be the GHF church in Topeka. Not yet though. That's one of the reasons I doubt this alleged threat against the LDS motivated the official recanting of the doctrine that black folks bear the mark of the devil.

Question. Can white people become members of Louie Farrakan's "Nation if Islam?" Does the NOI enjoy tax-exempt status?

colinreturn
11/16/2008, 10:10 AM
you forgot the Jews. They killed Jesus. And the Episcopals. They were formed because the Pope in Rome refused to let Henry VIII get his freak on. And the Westboro "God Hates Fags" Baptist Church of Topeka, KS. Just sayin';)

and one more thing. If any church in this country was ever in serious danger of losing its tax-exempt status, it would be the GHF church in Topeka. Not yet though. That's one of the reasons I doubt this alleged threat against the LDS motivated the official recanting of the doctrine that black folks bear the mark of the devil.

Question. Can white people become members of Louie Farrakan's "Nation if Islam?" Does the NOI enjoy tax-exempt status?

you would think westboro would have more outcry against them. There is a documentary on google video about them. Pretty cool stuff. I also reccomend the documentary "Jesus camp"

Harry Beanbag
11/16/2008, 10:15 AM
One of the many reasons why I dont believe in a god... I think this quote from gandhi can go for many religions besides christianity as well: I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

What does the behavior of humans have to do with your believing in God? That doesn't make any sense.

Fraggle145
11/16/2008, 10:40 PM
What does the behavior of humans have to do with your believing in God? That doesn't make any sense.

I'll rephrase that, One of the many reasons I think organized religion is for the birds. I dont believe in god for all sorts of reasons. Still I would think that if there was a god and his message was benevolence (as in many of today's religions), then he/she/it could do a better job of inspiring/keeping his people from doing horrible things that many of his followers are notorious for...

Sooner_Havok
11/16/2008, 10:49 PM
I'll rephrase that, One of the many reasons I think organized religion is for the birds. I dont believe in god for all sorts of reasons. Still I would think that if there was a god and his message was benevolence (as in many of today's religions), then he/she/it could do a better job of inspiring/keeping his people from doing horrible things that many of his followers are notorious for...

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28151

:D

im not attacking anybodys faith...

I will! Bring it on Scientologists, I am your SP!!!!!!!!1

:pop: :pop:

Okla-homey
11/16/2008, 10:50 PM

the bad apples get all the press d00d.

Everyday, around the world, many millions of people do wonderful things in the name of God. And they don't make headlines, precisely because such acts are so common.

Sooner_Havok
11/16/2008, 10:52 PM

Everyday, around the world, many millions of people do wonderful things in the name of God. And they don't make headlines, precisely because such acts are so common.

I rang the bell for salvation army the other day...

awkward.

Fraggle145
11/16/2008, 10:56 PM

I'm not sure that they are so common... I'm not saying that they dont do wonderful things, because I know they do. It doesnt matter to me if its religious are not, if people are doing wonderful things then more power to em.

Perhaps, the best way to say it is either way "god" gets too much credit... :eek:

Sooner_Havok
11/16/2008, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure that they are so common... I'm not saying that they dont do wonderful things, because I know they do. It doesnt matter to me if its religious are not, if people are doing wonderful things then more power to em.

Perhaps, the best way to say it is either way "god" gets too much credit... :eek:

God: "Bender, being God isn't easy. If you do too much, people get dependent on you. And if you do nothing, they lose hope. You have to use a light touch, like a safecracker or a pickpocket."

Bender: "Or a guy who burns down a bar for the insurance money!"

God: "Yes, if you make it look like an electrical thing. When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." (http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/EpisodeSounds/3ACV20/19.mp3)

heh

;) (http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/EpisodeSounds/3ACV20/23.mp3)

Harry Beanbag
11/17/2008, 07:42 AM

I'm onboard with you about organized religion, I don't care much for it. But I still believe in God. The God I believe in doesn't need televangelists and hypocrites taking believer's money. God doesn't need money, churchs do. He also doesn't think you have to murder people in His name either.

He gave humans free will to act as they wish, that is why nobody is perfect and some are evil.

OU4LIFE
11/17/2008, 08:49 AM
wow

well said.

OU4LIFE
11/17/2008, 08:54 AM
I have not attacked anyone.

how, exactly, is calling out another poster in the thread title and then berating his chosen religion NOT attacking again?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/17/2008, 09:08 AM
maybe he was just kidding

OU4LIFE
11/17/2008, 09:21 AM
it's kinda hard to 'pretend' to be a d o u c h e b a g

just saying.

and yes...I snuck around the profanity filter, card me.

Ardmore_Sooner
11/17/2008, 09:34 AM
it's kinda hard to 'pretend' to be a d o u c h e b a g

just saying.

http://usplants.com/images/Yellow_Card.jpg

OU4LIFE
11/17/2008, 09:56 AM
heh, you carded the Pope in a religious thread.

Veritas
11/17/2008, 09:56 AM
Eh, fvck that.