PDA

View Full Version : Rose Bowl rematch?

bri
11/15/2008, 06:09 PM
So, after weeks of talking about a presumptive rematch between USC and Ohio State in the Rose, it's looking more and more like it could actually be a rematch between Oregon State and Penn State.

Yeah, that'll be a game everyone wants to see. :D

JLEW1818
11/16/2008, 02:18 PM
wonder what BCS bowl SC will land it

SOONERxWife73
11/16/2008, 02:31 PM
they do have the option of bypassing the champs of the big 11/pac 10..like when we played in the rose. that would be the perfect snub. both of those conferences suck.

JLEW1818
11/16/2008, 02:32 PM
Ya I think USC still wins the pac 10, Oregon State still has some hard games.

starclassic tama
11/16/2008, 02:40 PM
SC in the holiday bowl!

bri
11/16/2008, 02:40 PM
they do have the option of bypassing the champs of the big 11/pac 10..like when we played in the rose. that would be the perfect snub. both of those conferences suck.

Have you met the Rose Bowl? These are the creaky f*ckers that invited Illinois to play USC last year just so they could have a Pac 10/Big 10 matchup. Hear me now and believe me later, if Oregon State and Penn State (or Michigan State) win out, they'll take 'em in a heartbeat.

bluedogok
11/16/2008, 02:51 PM
They only chose OU that year because the Orange Bowl invoked a rarely used rule to get the USC/Iowa match up that the Rose Bowl wanted. If the Rose Bowl has a first choice, they are going to take their traditional Pac-10/Big 10/11 matchup every time no matter what other choices might make a better game just like bri stated.

JLEW1818
11/16/2008, 02:56 PM
Traditions suck

Cam
11/16/2008, 07:08 PM
If Oregon State goes to the Rose, SC will go to the Fiesta.

Okie35
11/16/2008, 07:09 PM
wonder what BCS bowl SC will land it

the rose because oregon state will lose to oregon

bri
11/16/2008, 09:52 PM
God, I hope they do. Otherwise, someone deserving is getting screwed out of a BCS spot. Well, someone else. I forgot that the ACC actually gets to send someone.

I would like to formally request that Oklahoma go to the Orange so they can get an easy win against the ACC champ. If it's good enough for Kansas, it's good enough for us. :D

Sooner_Havok
11/16/2008, 10:31 PM

They will take tOSU at large and USC at large. It gives them their precious big 10/pac 10 match up, and two better teams.

Penn and OSU have to find other BCS games to attend.

bri
11/16/2008, 11:18 PM
They don't get "at-large" picks unless they lose one of their automatic qualifiers to the national championship game. As long as their teams are from the Pac/Big 10's, they don't care who they are.

tulsaoilerfan
11/16/2008, 11:23 PM
Just another bowl that no one cares about anyway outside of every 4 years

Sooner_Havok
11/16/2008, 11:36 PM
They don't get "at-large" picks unless they lose one of their automatic qualifiers to the national championship game. As long as their teams are from the Pac/Big 10's, they don't care who they are.

I bet the Rose bowl could twist a few nipples to get a better pac 10/big 11 match up. Hell, they whine about everything else and seem to get their way.

Oh, and I am sorry for you loss bri. I checked the score at half time and thought they could pull it off. Then I checked the score sometime in the 4th. All I can say is DAMN!!!

bri
11/16/2008, 11:53 PM
They could, sure. There's rules in the BCS structure that allows bowls to "trade" teams if it would create better matchups. But I don't think the other three bowls are gonna bend over backwards to accommodate the Rose, especially since it barely considers itself part of the BCS anyways.

Heh, thanks. I'm not amazed that we gave up 70 so much as I'm shocked we only scored 30. :D

Sooner_Havok
11/17/2008, 01:00 AM
They could, sure. There's rules in the BCS structure that allows bowls to "trade" teams if it would create better matchups. But I don't think the other three bowls are gonna bend over backwards to accommodate the Rose, especially since it barely considers itself part of the BCS anyways.

Heh, thanks. I'm not amazed that we gave up 70 so much as I'm shocked we only scored 30. :D

You have no idea how much I was pulling for TU in that game. :(