PDA

View Full Version : Desmond Howard is a tool

SOONER STEAKER
11/15/2008, 12:26 PM
Desmond Howard stated that unless OU beats TT by 10 or more, he would not vote OU ahead of TT in his poll because the country wants that TT offense playing for the NC!

For Gameday next week someone needs to put this guy in his place.

fadada1
11/15/2008, 12:32 PM
Desmond Howard stated that unless OU beats TT by 10 or more, he would not vote OU ahead of TT in his poll because the country wants that TT offense playing for the NC!

For Gameday next week someone needs to put this guy in his place.

is that so, desmond??? well, i live in this country and don't care to see TT playing for a NC.

with statements like that, somebody should revoke his voting rights.

jwlynn64
11/15/2008, 12:33 PM
I was wondering how long it would be before someone posted about that. I guess they really don't want OU in the NCG.

Not only will they not vote OU a head of Texas if we win because we lost the head to head game but now they aren't even going to put us above TT unless we win convincingly!

Shows how much of a ****** bag those guys are!

jwlynn64
11/15/2008, 12:34 PM
By the way, when did ****** become a swear word?

http://www.thelynnfamily.net/massengill.jpg

Edit: Added image for effect!

BigRedJed
11/15/2008, 12:35 PM
It's not. Beano doesn't like it, though.

olevetonahill
11/15/2008, 12:36 PM
By the way, when did ****** become a swear word?

Ya spellin It wrong
Its Doosh ;)

SOONERxWife73
11/15/2008, 12:44 PM
he has one vote and it doesn't cOUnt!!! screw him.

Sooner_Rog
11/15/2008, 12:45 PM
That statement was the most rediculous I have heard to date this season. We need Texas to lose so that idiots like this have no influence over the outcome of the south race.

King Crimson
11/15/2008, 01:55 PM
he's a moron.

kevpks
11/15/2008, 02:04 PM
So by that logic shouldn't Tech have stayed behind Texas after only beating them by 6 at home? Or does the Desmond formula only apply to teams playing Oklahoma? People seem to forget that Nebraska took Tech to OT. They also played one of the worst non-conference schedules in the country. They won a couple of big games on the painted concrete in Lubbock. Big deal. Let's just blow them away, but not so Desmond will rank us ahead of them. His vote is worthless anyway.

BoulderSooner79
11/15/2008, 02:07 PM
I know I'm biased, but I would think any fan would love to watch the OU offense. Maybe we don't have a Crabtree, but they certainly don't have a DM or a Greshem.

Fraggle145
11/15/2008, 02:12 PM
he's a moran.

Fixed. :D

King Crimson
11/15/2008, 02:14 PM
Fixed. :D

my bad. over here on the foosball board i try and play to the crowd.

CatfishSooner
11/15/2008, 02:15 PM
that pissed me off when he said that...what an idiot...at least reece thought it was outlandish too...

Fraggle145
11/15/2008, 02:16 PM
my bad. over here on the foosball board i try and play to the crowd.

They wont know the difference. ;) :P

http://forumpolitics.com/pics/moran-sign.jpg

ratedrsuperstar
11/15/2008, 07:30 PM
Our problem is the voters remember the last two Fiesta Bowls, they are scared to put the sooners in the big spotlight. It didn't help that Texas kind of put a beat down on OU after the Sooners went up 21-10 in our biggest game this season.

StoopTroup
11/15/2008, 07:34 PM
A beat down?

N/M

King Crimson
11/15/2008, 07:35 PM
Our problem is the voters remember the last two Fiesta Bowls, they are scared to put the sooners in the big spotlight. It didn't help that Texas kind of put a beat down on OU after the Sooners went up 21-10 in our biggest game this season.

wow, that's pretty deep. which team is it that you really pull for?

JLEW1818
11/15/2008, 07:36 PM
We are ahead of Texas right now in the coaches poll, and texas beat us. We are in good shape. Just have to win.

okiewaker
11/15/2008, 07:42 PM

This is hogwash. Our and OU need to be separated, and if voters cared about the last two years then why is OU ranked where they are?

Sooner47
11/15/2008, 07:43 PM
Every time Desmond Howard opens his mouth, the sum total of all human knowledge decreases.

bri
11/15/2008, 07:54 PM
I was wondering how long it would be before someone posted about that. I guess they really don't want OU in the NCG.

Not only will they not vote OU a head of Texas if we win because we lost the head to head game but now they aren't even going to put us above TT unless we win convincingly!

Shows how much of a ****** bag those guys are!

I wondered how long it would take for one person to become "they".

TINFOIL HATS, FTW!!

jwlynn64
11/15/2008, 10:57 PM
Just a figure of speech that referred to the crew on television at the time.

Joking about conspiracy theories is the first sign that you may have a problem. How many rolls of tinfoil do you have by the way? :D

badger
11/15/2008, 11:07 PM
"Desmond Howard is a Tool"

This looks like a good Home Depot sign for Gameday in Norman next week :D

If you guys really want to torment him, here are some other factual things involving his career.

1- Peyton Manning deserved the Heisman more.
2- A total flop for the team that drafted him No. 4 overall, and the team that picked him up in the supplemental draft later. Was totally unsuccessful until playing for the Packers in a single role: returning kicks.
3- Left GB so that he could be a wide receiver more - in Oakland (yeah, that was NOT a career move).
4- Has a bachelor's in communications, yet is usually a little trouble to understand (especially the parts about OU behind TT)
5- Showed everyone what a valuable Heisman winner he was by losing the Rose Bowl to the UW Huskies.

Other info for fair game:
1- Anything that makes fun of Desmond's alma mater Meat Chicken.
2- Heisman poses
3- That golf skit he did with Bradford earlier this year (especially the golf cart).

EDIT: Also, as for the NFL Super Bowl MVP award, Brett Favre TOTALLY deserved it more than Desmond. The TD kick return was nothing compared to all the TD drives Favre led.

tulsaoilerfan
11/15/2008, 11:12 PM
that's one of the stupidest things i've heard from an ESPN talking head, and that says a lot