PDA

View Full Version : Steven Hopper/Junior Broken Arrow Running Back

OU-HSV
11/15/2008, 12:23 PM
So this kid has been a stud this year in 6A football. He came out of nowhere...He is a pretty interesting story considering he didn't even play football last year, he came in this season and became the starting RB for B.A. when they lost their starter early season.
He's set or broken school rushing records and scoring records this season. He broke another one last night and now has the record 23 tds in a season. And now holds the points in a season record as well at Broken Arrow. Last night in Broken Arrow's 32-0 win over Owasso he again was a star, he had 142 rush yds and 3 tds.

Do any of you recruiting gurus think this kid is going to start getting some D1 attention. I searched on some recruiting websites and don't see any updated info on him. On website has his stats as they stood about 4 weeks ago or more.
As of now, the best I can gather is he has about 1409 rushing yds 23 TDs and I know he has at least a couple td catches as well/not sure how many yards throught the air though.

http://www.baledger.com/articles/2008/11/15/news/doc491e5503b278a718432577.txt

Eielson
11/15/2008, 02:18 PM
I thought he was good, but not an OU caliber player. He is playing behind a massive O-Line.

Rhino
11/15/2008, 05:54 PM
He's not on any early lists but if he keep that up, he'll start getting some looks.

OU-HSV
11/15/2008, 08:34 PM
I thought he was good, but not an OU caliber player. He is playing behind a massive O-Line.

Yeah I'm not specifically saying OU...but just some D1 schools in general.
I don't have a clue what his 40 time is or any of that. I haven't watched him in person this year yet, but I saw him on tv once or twice and the dude can play.

I hope you're right Rhino, it'd be good to see a BA running back make it to the big time (and play well). There's been a couple RBs that did well in I believe D-2 and Jason Ray a WR played (or is playing) at Mizzou. One guy named Dede Dorsey that was a BA RB is in the NFL, but he's injured right now.

SOONER STEAKER
11/19/2008, 11:58 AM
When you look at a Ron Lancaster offense he's gonna have some RB's who put up some great numbers. His days at Jenks and Muskogee he had some guys who came close to 2,000 yds rushing and those guys ended up at schools like Missouri State and Missouri Southern.

There are offenses that put up great numbers with average RB's. HUGE lineman make holes and averae RB's can produce TD's and good stats.

cb4ou
11/19/2008, 12:29 PM
Ron also had Lydell Carr at Enid.

OU-HSV
11/19/2008, 08:36 PM
When you look at a Ron Lancaster offense he's gonna have some RB's who put up some great numbers. His days at Jenks and Muskogee he had some guys who came close to 2,000 yds rushing and those guys ended up at schools like Missouri State and Missouri Southern.

There are offenses that put up great numbers with average RB's. HUGE lineman make holes and averae RB's can produce TD's and good stats.

This may be true...but I'm hoping this kid is legit. Guess we'll have to wait and see how he does next year and what not.