PDA

View Full Version : So what did you guys think of the student section?

Ardmore_Sooner
11/15/2008, 01:19 AM
I don't want to say I told you so, but guys.... I told you so!

It just took a little initiative to get things going and it seems that we have finally come through. If students will come out for American U., I can only imagine what the other games will look like. Now if we could just get all the other seats filled!

BOOMER!

goodolesooner
11/15/2008, 01:23 AM
The student section was big time tonight. When scanning the arena, that section was the only one that was completely full.

It was also nice in the second half when all of them were waving the balloons at the free throw shooter. Looked good.

okienole3
11/15/2008, 08:08 AM
Yea, looked good. Seems like they left early. But, much better than last year. And they were harassing the opposing players. Can't wait for some big games. I hope everyone is aware about what kind of team Davidson is and what kind of player Curry is.

OUSKINS
11/15/2008, 11:10 AM
Best crowd I've ever seen for an opponent like American. Student section was excellent...if that keeps up, things will be awesome in the LNC this year.

Overall, the rest of the crowd wasn't bad either....especially compared against a comprable opponent/date this time over the past several years.

Lott's Bandana
11/15/2008, 11:46 AM
Individual game tix on sale Wednesday, online.

Jus sayin.
:pop:

Soonerus
11/15/2008, 11:49 AM
Amazing what free tickets will do...

okienole3
11/15/2008, 12:43 PM
Amazing what free tickets will do...

You say this like it is a bad thing. When I was at Florida State in '98 and '99 student football tickets were free.

Soonerus
11/15/2008, 12:49 PM
I think it is a great thing...OU should have done something like this sooner...

bigtime
11/15/2008, 05:40 PM
Keep in mind, that student tickets are not free. You have to have your ticket used at 17 of the 18 games to get the full refund (including the games over Christmas break when the campus is closed). It is a good promotion, but let's not call it free tickets.

BT

badger
11/16/2008, 08:17 AM
Good point - they aren't free unless they're used. Glad hardly anyone used this as their "skip" game :)

If I had to guess, that game will happen most likely during holiday break.