PDA

View Full Version : Onside kick every time?

MI Sooner
11/14/2008, 09:10 PM
I know coaches would never do it, but if you're really playing a game where both offenses can't be stopped, there's very little downside. Just think back to Madden '93, or whenever it was impossible to tackle guys using the spin move. The only way to get extra possessions was to onside kick.

I expect the offenses to score on around 2/3s of the possessions next week. I also put the over/under on onside kicks at .5.

oumartin
11/14/2008, 10:29 PM
I recommend kicking it as hard as you can but scooting it along the turf. let it take some odd bounces and more times than not they receiving team will just lay on the ball. Don't squib kick as those suck but you can boot the crap outta it on the ground.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/14/2008, 10:51 PM
I recommend kicking it as hard as you can but scooting it along the turf. let it take some odd bounces and more times than not they receiving team will just lay on the ball. Don't squib kick as those suck but you can boot the crap outta it on the ground.Our kick coverage team should consider this, at least part of the time.

BoulderSooner79
11/15/2008, 12:02 AM
I already suggested onside kick after every score in another thread. You'll have to talk to my patent attorney.

:D

Crucifax Autumn
11/15/2008, 02:45 AM
Good idea except if you can't get your hands on a 200 pound man what makes you think you can grab a football?

swardboy
11/15/2008, 07:28 AM
If kickoffs were from the 40 again instead of the 30 I could go for this idea. As it is I am for the "boot-scootin' boogie"....

SoonerLB
11/15/2008, 08:40 AM
Maybe we should try p***ing off the kicker, then he might kick it through the end zone every time. ;)
Heh,...........it worked on Field Goal whiffer,.........just sayin'. :D