PDA

View Full Version : HRC to become SOS?

JohnnyMack
11/14/2008, 08:52 PM
I told y'all this was gonna happen.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/3460474/Hillary-Clinton-in-line-for-top-job-in-Barack-Obama-cabinet.html

She wasn't being nice to him fer nuthin'.

bonkuba
11/14/2008, 09:13 PM
This is change we can believe in? Geeeesh.....seriously.....how about "The same old Clintonees........different date".

I was seriously trying to give this guy a chance until he started bringing in all the old Clinton staff......and then worst of all an actual Clinton.

I don't understand how going backward can be a good thing. I say this really with an open mind and wanting our president to succeed. He stated over and over how he wanted to change the way DC operates, etc, etc......how can you do that by bringing in the tried and failed crap from another admin?

Still, I respect the office of the president....and always will even if I dont agree with who is the "president" at the time.

Off the box now.... :D

StoopTroup
11/14/2008, 09:26 PM
I think she'd be a good SOS.

Sooner Eclipse
11/15/2008, 11:20 AM
I think she'd make a good lawn jockey. Think of it, The white house's first female, chubby white lawn jockey. Now that's change.

olevetonahill
11/15/2008, 11:22 AM

**** on a shingle ?

King Crimson
11/15/2008, 11:23 AM
quid pro quo.

i can sympathize with those who make the claim that Clintonites do not =change.

Boffingham
11/15/2008, 11:44 AM
He should keep Rice.

StoopTroup
11/15/2008, 12:12 PM
OK...

I know many of you can't stand the Woman but the deal is...Obama has his hands full and probably doesn't need folks he can't trust. HRC has the experience to do the job and I thought that Madeline Albright was one of Bill Clinton's smarter cookies. Since she has Albright to lean on still as well as her Husband....she's a good choice IMO.

I like her as SOS a whole lot more than being on the SCOTUS. So I guess that's why I lean towards saying she's a good choice.....that and the fact that Obama does owe her and I think now that the run for the Presidency is over between them...they might make a good team. Hell....as far as having Barrack Obama, Joe Biden and HRC all on the same Team at the end of the Dems run...I can't remember anyone saying that would happen. It could be alot worse IMO.

That is all.

OklahomaTuba
11/15/2008, 12:17 PM
HRC has the experience to do the job
What exactly would that experience be???

There are a lot more people much more qualified and a lot less caustic than her.

olevetonahill
11/15/2008, 12:28 PM
I read something this Morning about Bills Globe trottin and Money Raiseng Might cause Probs . I didnt read the whole thing so I may be off .

StoopTroup
11/15/2008, 12:36 PM
What exactly would that experience be???

There are a lot more people much more qualified and a lot less caustic than her.

Come on Tuba.

Stack up Condi Rice's qualifications [prior to being SOS]next to HRC's [prior to her being 1st Lady]and they are like mirror images of each other.

Your probably right about there being other people more qualified and maybe even less caustic...I just think politically...it's a good choice for the Dems and again...more than likely they are going to have to give her something. Her exposure as 1st Lady for 8 years makes her a popular choice, especially with the Traveling pantsuit crowd.. Again...maybe not the best...but it won't surprise me in the least if she's the next SOS.

Rogue
11/15/2008, 03:46 PM
OK...

I know many of you can't stand the Woman but the deal is...Obama has his hands full and probably doesn't need folks he can't trust. ....

I like her as SOS a whole lot more than being on the SCOTUS. So I guess that's why I lean towards saying she's a good choice.....that and the fact that Obama does owe her ...

See, I was a big Hillary fan before this campaign. I still like her policy-wonkness and her smarts. But her personality, charm, and divisiveness are why I think this is a bad move.

Tell ya what, if at any point any of you mofros suggests my assassination...you can kiss ANY appointments g'bye.

OklahomaTuba
11/15/2008, 04:55 PM
Stack up Condi Rice's qualifications [prior to being SOS]next to HRC's [prior to her being 1st Lady]and they are like mirror images of each other.

Some background on Rice:
[quote]
In 1974, at age 19, Rice earned her BA in political science, Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Denver. In 1975, she obtained her Master's Degree in political science from the University of Notre Dame. She first worked in the State Department in 1977, during the Carter administration, as an intern in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. In 1981, at the age of 26, she received her PhD in Political Science from the Graduate School of International Studies at Denver. Her dissertation along with some of her earliest publications, centered on military policy and politics in Czechoslovakia.[8]

Rice was more qualified than HRC is now when she was at the tender age of 26.

Not.
Even.
Close.

85Sooner
11/15/2008, 05:54 PM

I gotta say that she definitely puts up with no BS and is definitely not afraid of men. But should O trust her?????????????? I dunno.

Frozen Sooner
11/15/2008, 06:43 PM
Bad choice.

There's a better choice for Secretary of State (Richardson) and a better place for Hillary to be (Senate Majority Leader.)

47straight
11/15/2008, 08:23 PM
Richardson was a terrible, terrible Secretary of Energy. He was only selected because his state coincidentally had 2 DOE labs.

StoopTroup
11/15/2008, 09:14 PM
Richardson was a terrible, terrible Secretary of Energy. He was only selected because his state coincidentally had 2 DOE labs.

I'm tipping a bottle in your honor tonight 47. :D ;)

http://www.cheapwineratings.com/images/rexgoliath.pinotnoir.jpg

SanJoaquinSooner
11/16/2008, 02:33 AM
[QUOTE=StoopTroup;2487125]Stack up Condi Rice's qualifications [prior to being SOS]next to HRC's [prior to her being 1st Lady]and they are like mirror images of each other.

Rice was more qualified than HRC is now when she was at the tender age of 26.

Not.
Even.
Close.

I don't believe a 26 year old can even serve as a United States Senator.

swardboy
11/16/2008, 07:27 AM
I read something this Morning about Bills Globe trottin and Money Raiseng Might cause Probs . I didnt read the whole thing so I may be off .

Precisely Vet...Hilarity will ensue because in the vetting process one of the questions is about the spouse benefitting from foreign sources. I hope some senators grow a pair and pin her on this one...