PDA

View Full Version : 1,000,000 could attend our games

Dan Thompson
11/13/2008, 03:10 PM
The attendance for all our games today is 754,502. If we can make it to the MNC game and average 62,000 we will go over 1 million fans attending our games this year.

Boomer.....
11/13/2008, 03:52 PM
The stool will not be a sellout but we would still do it.

badger
11/13/2008, 03:57 PM
The stool will not be a sellout.

If you're an OU fan you don't need to buy a season ticket. It'll be sold out. It would be a national television embarrassment (much like games last year, where the construction zone looked a few thousand empty seats, tee hee) if they didn't.

yermom
11/13/2008, 04:30 PM
i was kinda thinking the same thing

with Booger's hedge fund tanking i'm not sure they can throw away money just to be dicks to OU fans

soonerwalt
11/13/2008, 04:43 PM
with Booger's hedge fund tanking i'm not sure they can throw away money just to be dicks to OU fans

Ahhh!! Never under estimate those orange clad butt pirates...They lay awake at night trying to think of ways to defeat there betters.

yermom
11/13/2008, 04:45 PM
either way, i'll be there and i'll likely be giving money to a Poke fan instead of the athletic department

thus instead of Crimson filling in empty space on TV it will be replacing Puke orange

badger
11/13/2008, 04:47 PM
i was kinda thinking the same thing

I would also like to add that OSU should lower ticket prices. It's one thing to cater to 1337 ("leet," or elite) fans that will dish out three figures for a team that's ranked high and such, but another thing to build a local, family-friendly and alumni fanbase. It's the same mentality that has designer stores sell merchandise for "not cheap" instead of expensive. You can sell it to the elite and make a lot of money, or sell your product to the masses and make a WAAAAAY lot of money.

With a family, local and alum base, you have fans for years. With a leet fanbase, you have fans when your product is good, but nobody when you suck... and let me tell you, you WILL suck again, because it happens to EVERY team.

Lower your ticket prices, Pokes. Get fans now while you're moderately intriguing. Don't shun potential fans in favor of money.

Oh... wait a sec. WHY AM I GIVING YOU GOOD ADVICE?! :mad:

:D Keep overpricing tickets! A higher ticket price means you'll get more money, because you'll receive more money per ticket you sell, so therefore there's absolutely NO reason why a higher ticket price would yield less money! Why stop at three and four figures? SELL FOR $10k each! MORE MONEY!!1!!!!111oneonejuan

stoopified
11/13/2008, 04:54 PM
If you're an OU fan you don't need to buy a season ticket. It'll be sold out. It would be a national television embarrassment (much like games last year, where the construction zone looked a few thousand empty seats, tee hee) if they didn't.Holder stll has NOT changed the ticket policy.The only way this game becomes a sellout is if T.Boone buys the 15,000 unsold season tickets,if he does I'm sure the tickets WON'T be easy for OU fans to buy.Holder is determined to send a message to oSU fans(and screw over OU fans in the process) to make his point.National TV or not, T.BS will not be a sellout unless T.Boone himself intervenes.

yermom
11/13/2008, 04:59 PM
they still have time to cave :D

soonerwalt
11/13/2008, 05:00 PM
Holder stll has NOT changed the ticket policy.The only way this game becomes a sellout is if T.Boone buys the 15,000 unsold season tickets,if he does I'm sure the tickets WON'T be easy for OU fans to buy.Holder is determined to send a message to oSU fans(and screw over OU fans in the process) to make his point.National TV or not, T.BS will not be a sellout unless T.Boone himself intervenes.

Well if this is the case, then..... Hey Mikey way to set your program up for failure and fully achieve your goal....LOSER