PDA

View Full Version : rrrrRing

picasso
11/13/2008, 01:37 PM
Al: Hello, you're on the sports animuwal, this is Al.

caller: yeah Al, what does them OU need to do to win tha Big 12 south.

click.

repeat 20 times per hour.

picasso
11/13/2008, 01:39 PM
himina jumbala hoobala ahhhhhh Nebraska stinks!

seeeeya!

picasso
11/13/2008, 01:40 PM
Al: what do ya think Dean?

Dream: ahhh what was I talkin about Al?

Al: haha, you said "Johnson!"

click.

picasso
11/13/2008, 01:42 PM
Al: let's bring Barry Trammel in.

Tram: [drunken Merle Haggard voice] Ahhh Elvis was great! Great music Al![/voice]

fart.

snp
11/13/2008, 01:43 PM
Man I'm glad I moved back to Houston where good talk radio exists.

OKLA21FAN
11/13/2008, 01:43 PM
'see yaaaaaaaaaaaa'!!!!!!!! :pop:

picasso
11/13/2008, 01:46 PM
Traber: Al Al Al, don't you think Stoops should know that? I mean [shrilly teenage girl meets chubby boy voice] c'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!![/voice]

Al: hahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha!

Dean: ah ah, we were just talkin about him the other day, who was that?

Trabe: yeah, I was too Dean. Who was that? Doggggone-it!

Al: muwwwwwwaaaahhhhhhhhhh ahhh.

picasso
11/13/2008, 01:48 PM
Tha Ultimate: oh oh I know who it was Al, it was World B Free! That's who it was.

Al: oh yeah, he could shoot, he couldshooooootahjumpshot!!!!!!!!

BornandBred
11/13/2008, 01:48 PM

Too bad you gotta deal with all the different flavors of Texas fans, fire ants, bird sized mosquitoes, and the occasional hurricane to get the good radio. Not to mention Pasadena smells like diapers.

OUMallen
11/13/2008, 01:59 PM
Caller: well, you know, I'm just really worried about how people have been scoring all over us. I'm a Brent Venables fan, but I hope he gets it together for Tech.....

Al: homainahoma hominahomina Brent homina YOU JSUT WAIT UNTIL BRENT LEAVES, YOU'LL BE SORRY, AND ANYONE ELSE THAT WANTS TO GET RID OF BRENT IS JUST STUPID.

SoonerJack
11/13/2008, 02:04 PM
I'm assuming that Al is Al Eshbach? He's still around?

KC has excellent sports radio. WHB 810. They even have one guy that went to OU so there are frequent breaks from the constant Jay-Tiger-Cat talk.

AimForCenterMass
11/13/2008, 02:04 PM
Personally, I can't stand any sports radio or television, for that matter. It just seems so pointless.

For starters, analysts discuss the same five or six topics throughout the entire day. Then, these "experts" discuss what they think will happen in the future or what they think happened in a past event and it's all just irrelevant.

Typical discussion on ESPN or The Animal: Who's the best QB in the Big 12?

Four guys then sit around and discuss who they think is the best. There you have it; you just heard someone else's opinion, which has no relevance to the actual outcome of any sporting even at all.

Typical caller on The Animal: What do you think will happen if OU wins out?

Is the caller incapable of simulating the scenarios in his own mind? Has he not heard anything from the previous 20 callers? I just don't get why these people need to hear someone else's opinion. The analysts' guess is as good as anyone else's. Even considering that, what relevance does it have to anything? Things will play out as they do.

Don't get me wrong. I have a healthy love for sports. I enjoy watching sports when I can and I love participating in them as much as possible. I just don't get any enjoyment over watching/hearing a bunch of other people tell me their opinions. I can think for myself, so when it comes to sports, all I have to do is watch or participate.

I'm almost off of my soap box. I just have one more thing. I've lived in Oklahoma nearly my whole life and I love the place. I just think most folks here, as well as the rest of the country, are too obsessed with sports and other forms of easy entertainment. One could ask any sports-related question to just about Oklahoma native and get a correct response. However, ask a question about his politicians' stance on any given subject, and only a few would be able to answer. I hope I'm not the only one who sees something wrong with that.

Screw The Animal and ESPN.

Ton Loc
11/13/2008, 02:24 PM
Uhh, I'm not seeing a huge difference between what happens on the radio and what happens on this message board. :D

Jack T.
11/13/2008, 02:36 PM
I tell you what, Al. I was watching that [insert TeeVee show here] last night and. . . .

10 minutes later.

We're here at [insert dealership/grocery store/restaurant here] and let me spend the next 3 minutes telling you about them.

3 minutes later.

We're gonna take a quick break and be right back.

AHHHHHH

stoops the eternal pimp
11/13/2008, 02:42 PM
Uhh, I'm not seeing a huge difference between what happens on the radio and what happens on this message board. :D

soonerfans is the home of sports animal callers...during football season

OUTrumpet
11/13/2008, 02:54 PM
heard after a football game in 06:

caller (obviously drunk): "I don know much about football, but why does it hurt when I pee?"

Al: see yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hot Rod
11/13/2008, 03:06 PM
Sally: "OU fans are a bunch of rednecks..."

Aren't OSU and OU fans majorily from Oklahoma?

Traber: "Who was that actor guy who became President?"

Al: "Oh, you mean Harrison Ford...I love Air Force One!"

OKLA21FAN
11/13/2008, 03:09 PM
'Let me get ya some Johnny's, hang on the line' :pop:

BornandBred
11/13/2008, 03:13 PM
Over the holidays last year, I got a wicked case of food poisoning from Ted's in Norman. Between my late night prayers to the porcelain god, I was having fevered dreams. I say this with no exaggeration, Al Eschbach is quite literally the voice of my nightmares.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/13/2008, 03:24 PM
JAHNNEES CHAHCOE BWOILAAAAAAAAAAAAH

yermom
11/13/2008, 03:24 PM

at least you don't have to listen to innane commercials surrounding the innane sports talk

i can't stand the Animal for that reason, much less the dumb crap you hear when they actually talk

AimForCenterMass
11/13/2008, 03:46 PM

I agree. However, the difference is, I can control how much of what I read.

SoonerTroll
11/13/2008, 03:52 PM
They have better connections :P

SoonerTerry
11/13/2008, 04:05 PM
Tool 1.. Your listening to the TOTAL

tool 2..... .... Dominance..

Tool 3..... (crickets chirping).... actual sound of audible nose picking...... OH! HOURRRRRRRRR...

SEEEEE YUUUUUUUUU

SouthFortySooner
11/13/2008, 04:07 PM

And it dern sure better not! woo woo

picasso
11/13/2008, 04:11 PM
Jim: Let's bring in the .......Fat Jack.

Jack: [high pitched like ya just got racked voice]Hey Jim, I just got back from Vegas and won a triple double dooshbag poke me tournament.[/voice]

Jim: Jack's got a Porsche! Cool huh?

Jack: Jim I've got a double lock of the week with a bonus reach around if you call now! 1-800-IMA-PATHETICHANDICAPPER!

beep.

picasso
11/13/2008, 04:18 PM
Trabe: Where ya at Al?

Eschenbacher: I'm in the lavatory at sofa city here on I-foity and Meridian. There's no hawky tickets in heah Jim!

Dean: ahh 73% says he uses a magazine Jim.

blip.

SoonerTerry
11/13/2008, 04:20 PM
This thread has some great poh ten shul!!!

picasso
11/13/2008, 04:24 PM
don't get me wrong, I love to listen at times. And in all honesty I like to hear what Traber has to say.

still. too. hard. not. to. make....fun.

picasso
11/13/2008, 04:26 PM
Deaner: Hey Al, where you going on vacation this year?

Al: Ah Dean I'm booked for a flight to go to Kenya, yeah I'm gonna be living with the Masai! hahahaha, can you imagine! The kids will dwarf me!

but they do have very good beeeeah!

Let's go to tha next callllurrrr.

stoopified
11/13/2008, 05:12 PM
Over the holidays last year, I got a wicked case of food poisoning from Ted's in Norman. Between my late night prayers to the porcelain god, I was having fevered dreams. I say this with no exaggeration, Al Eschbach is quite literally the voice of my nightmares.That Jersy accent gives me noghtmares too.

Partial Qualifier
11/13/2008, 05:33 PM
So Dean, what do you think about the possibility of Venables leaving for the Clemson gig??

Well I tell ya, ya know, I see Brent at the country club, quite often actually, he's got a BEAUTIFUL family, they're just great. They're just great people. And I spoke with Brent just the other day, in fact he remarked about how much he likes my car -- but that's another story -- heh, heh -- and, but seriously guys, but, but.. but seriously.. Brent's just as good a guy as you'll ever meet. He's just gooooood people. You know? He's come a long way and I'm just tickled to death that he's Oklahoma's defensive coordinator.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CLEMSON JOB ??

Oh I don't know Al, I suppose it's a good job, I have no idea what Brent thinks -- I was talking to him the other day in fact, as he was admiring my golf swing, in fact he told me what a great swing I have -- but that's another story -- heh, heh -- but you know, if I were him, I'd be taking a serious look at it, I suppose. He's hard to figure, hard to get an angle on. He's a different breed o' cat.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Sooner04
11/13/2008, 05:40 PM
And then Rusty pipes in with his two cents.

Partial Qualifier
11/13/2008, 05:49 PM
And then Rusty pipes in with his two cents.

his voice makes me want to snuggle in for a nap

EstablishedSooner1967
11/13/2008, 05:50 PM
The Animal is the WORST sports radio in the history of radio or sports... I can not stand to listen when I am in town... I try and try to give it a chance to get some OU info and idiot after idiot keeps replying to the callers... oh and the callers would never fall under the category of a wordsmiths... Art Linkletter once said, kids say the darnedest things... well Animal callers do as well..

reddfoxx
11/13/2008, 06:02 PM
I listen to the total dominance duo for a few minutes eveyday on the way home from work.

I turn it off when Al goes on one of his Beavis and Butthead routines (Dean said head huh, huh, huh) or the they start talking about what they ate for dinner the night before.

Like I said, I only listen a few minutes each day.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/13/2008, 06:36 PM
Maybe Al should call Dean while he is on the pain meds again so we can hear him urinate on the air...

SoonerDood
11/13/2008, 08:43 PM
Maybe Al should call Dean while he is on the pain meds again so we can hear him urinate on the air...

I'm so glad I was at a stop light when that went down.:D

greenfacedman
11/14/2008, 08:10 AM
Personally, I can't stand any sports radio or television, for that matter. It just seems so pointless.

For starters, analysts discuss the same five or six topics throughout the entire day. Then, these "experts" discuss what they think will happen in the future or what they think happened in a past event and it's all just irrelevant.

Four guys then sit around and discuss who they think is the best. There you have it; you just heard someone else's opinion, which has no relevance to the actual outcome of any sporting even at all.

Is the caller incapable of simulating the scenarios in his own mind? Has he not heard anything from the previous 20 callers? I just don't get why these people need to hear someone else's opinion. The analysts' guess is as good as anyone else's. Even considering that, what relevance does it have to anything? Things will play out as they do.

Don't get me wrong. I have a healthy love for sports. I enjoy watching sports when I can and I love participating in them as much as possible. I just don't get any enjoyment over watching/hearing a bunch of other people tell me their opinions. I can think for myself, so when it comes to sports, all I have to do is watch or participate.

I'm almost off of my soap box. I just have one more thing. I've lived in Oklahoma nearly my whole life and I love the place. I just think most folks here, as well as the rest of the country, are too obsessed with sports and other forms of easy entertainment. One could ask any sports-related question to just about Oklahoma native and get a correct response. However, ask a question about his politicians' stance on any given subject, and only a few would be able to answer. I hope I'm not the only one who sees something wrong with that.

So...tell me swami,why are you on here if you're sick of someone else's opinion? Kind of makes you look...silly,doesn't it.:eek:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/14/2008, 08:20 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZR6GRagthUg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZR6GRagthUg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OUHOMER
11/14/2008, 08:28 AM
Trabe: Al, see if you agree, water is wet.
Al: well, I dont know, I was in Honduras not to long ago, but yea I guess it is.

Trabe: Dean, Al agrees with me that water is wet. I was the first to report it. You got to give it up to me.

Dean: I dont know guys, I guess you could say that.

Trabe: where ya at Al

beer4me
11/14/2008, 08:40 AM
Caller: Hey Jim I think OU might have a better QB than Texas or OSU this year, what do you think, I will hang up and listen off the air.

Traber: You are such a pathetic loser. Take your crimson glasses off and listen to me you pathetic little sissy boy. Let me tell you, you people you make me sick. I have been doing this show for 15 years and I have to hear stuff like this every day. Tell you what big fellow I have Cal Jr’s number right here in my cell phone and I am going to call him right now to see if he don’t agree with me. You pathetic losers.

beer4me
11/14/2008, 09:04 AM
Next Caller Hey Jim love you and your show you do a great job. I gets lots of good information from you.

Traber Hey you know I do shape the minds and I am a morally sound individual. They don't call me the ultimate for nothing you know.

And as soon as the pathetic losers wake up and see that then world will be better off.

And you know my gout is flairing up and I need more callers like you, I love my callers.

picasso
6/26/2009, 12:11 AM
Traber: hey Al, remember the episode when Jerry does Newman's mail route? hahahaha!

Al: oh yeah!!!! hahahahahaha! humina jubilah, hahahaha!

Traber: and then George and ......what was his name, gosh donnit.

Dean: ummm yeah, oh I I don't watch much TV guys.

Al: Dean, you evah weah high heels?

click

NormanPride
6/26/2009, 09:26 AM
I love this thread.

Caller: Hey-yo, ahhhh first time caller here -

Al: OHHH! Johnny'scharcoalbroilerfirsttimecalllerrrrrrrrr

Caller: ...Yeah... so I was wondering, would Blake make a good Tight End?

Traber: WHAT'RE YOU TALKIN' ABOUT?! He's a basketball player. GEEZE, people!

Dean: Well, I think he would have made a good one, guys.

Caller: Shut up, Dean. No one likes you.

TMcGee86
6/26/2009, 10:17 AM
Traber: Have I talked about the fact that I played baseball for OSU? Not in the last 30 secs? Okay, well one time, when I was playing...

Sooner_Bob
6/26/2009, 10:55 AM
Traber: Have I talked about the fact that I played baseball for OSU? Not in the last 30 secs? Okay, well one time, when I was playing...with myself.

fixed

KC//CRIMSON
6/26/2009, 11:08 AM
Al: Hello, you're on the sports animal, this is Al.

Aggy: Yeah, all I keep hearing from you guys is that OU is going to the BIG12 Champinship this year. Well, if OU goes this year, so can OSU!!

Al: WTF?

click.

BarryBnds
6/26/2009, 11:29 AM
I agree. However, the difference is, I can control how much of what I read.

You don't control what you listen to?

GoOwls
6/26/2009, 12:22 PM
Al: ello-yeronda-sportsanimalll

Caller: Hey Al, Jimbo here, long time listener first time caller

Al: AHHH Joniescharcobroila firsttime callah! What's on yer mind Jimbo?

Jimbo: Well Al, I was thinkin the other day.... (long pause, trying to remember what he was thinkin the other day). I'm sick an' tired of the Sooners losin them baowl games every year. Tell you what, if I got paid 4 million bucks a year to coach a kids game, you better believe I'd have their butts ready to play. Its startin to get pathetic. We got the best fans, best traditions, best coaches, in the best state in Americuh.

Al: Thats-ridiculous Jimbo. But we gotta run to commercials. Hang on the line. After the break we'll be talking to a LEGEND of Oklahoma Sportscasting, the great Bob Barry Junior!

oudivesherpa
6/26/2009, 12:27 PM

Try Walton & Johnson on 93.7 in Houston. John Walton claims he played for OU back in the day. The only mention OU football during the season. It's hard for a radio or TV guy to be pro OU in Houston.

Jack T.
6/26/2009, 04:03 PM
I gave up on Al/Jim. . .I'd rather listen to Sam Mayes out of Stillwater talk about, you know, *sports*.

Good grief.

No, I didn't watch Seinfeld last night. I don't care what type of adult beverage is best to drink with a given prescription drug.

cheezyq
6/26/2009, 04:18 PM

It's an innate human desire to identify and connect with others. That's why you are here spending time voicing your opinion, hoping to resonate with others your side of the topic. On its surface, talk radio IS pointless. But it fills a need, however small, for some people. Besides, no matter how much time you spend developing your opinion, there will always be someone who can provide a perspective that you've not taken into account. Granted, ESPN is infamous for cardboard opinions that rarely change, but every once in a while you can find an interesting nugget or two from them....just like a family of monkeys banging on a keyboard eventually drumming up the works of Shakespeare. ;)

Didn't you know that natural selection doesn't always mean survival of the fittest? It's all about who is breeding the fastest. ;)

oudivesherpa
6/26/2009, 08:06 PM
Didn't you know that natural selection doesn't always mean survival of the fittest? It's all about who is breeding the fastest. ;)[/QUOTE]

It's the greatest contribution to the gene pool, not necessarily breeding the fastest but breeding the most effectively.

However, living in Texas, the gene pool is pretty shallow.

goingoneight
6/26/2009, 08:21 PM
Someone peed in the that pool, too.

SoonerDomiNation
6/26/2009, 09:11 PM
Trabe: Shaping the minds of americas youth thats what i do here ladies and gentelmen theres no need to put them in front of a nintedo or playstation no no no put them in front of the radio and they will learn............. and from a morally sound individual i might add.

Al: Thats a great point Jim.

stoopified
6/26/2009, 10:19 PM
Traber is the lamest

tm250
6/26/2009, 10:31 PM
Ive been doing radio for 17 years. get jules on the phone, Ive been doin radio for 17 years, Bo Vanpelt(sp) is my boooooooooooooooooooooooyyyyyyy, ive been doin radio for 17 years,

picasso
6/26/2009, 11:13 PM
Wow guys. I was just funnin. I don't mind listening to any of them in the OKC area. Now Tulsa is a way different story.

RiddlerOK
6/27/2009, 09:08 AM
Say, whatever happened to that little ol' Fowler Video venture that Trabe and Jules cooked up?