PDA

View Full Version : "Oh, Make no mistake...."

OU_Sooners75
11/13/2008, 06:21 AM
"... It is not revenge they are after, it's the reckoning."

Paraphased quote from Tombstone...to fit the situation OU has next weekend against Texas Tech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GREE8GdRrc

Jacie
11/13/2008, 06:39 AM
I thought it was the Big XII south division lead, a shot at the conference and ultimately national titles.

Nah, it is the revenge.

OU_Sooners75
11/13/2008, 06:44 AM
I thought it was the Big XII south division lead, a shot at the conference and ultimately national titles.

Nah, it is the revenge.

lol...we were in a similar situation last year...national championship talk, Big 12 CCG talk...TTU ruined it last year. Also, this year, people have forgotten about OU. Hence the reason I posted this.

The reckoning to get our name back this year. Revenge, yeah, in a way. However, revenge would mean they did something ultimately terrible to us last year. And how we played against West Virginia, it seems they saved us another NC loss.

yermom
11/13/2008, 08:55 AM
seems there will be no shortage of motivation for the Tceh game

swardboy
11/13/2008, 09:03 AM
I don't know, I would have liked our chances against Bucknut. I also think WVU would have rolled them too.

Anyway, while I applaud Joey's effort in relief last year, I'm definitely jacked about Sam lighting up the TTU D. And there's that little matter of the phantom TD still bugging me.....ruining Tech's year will be sweeeet!

TheUnnamedSooner
11/13/2008, 02:59 PM
Also, this year, people have forgotten about OU. Hence the reason I posted this.

Thanks for reminding me that OU is out there. I had forgotten. ;)

BoulderSooner79
11/13/2008, 03:20 PM
I never understood the revenge thing - I think it is more a fan emotion than for the team. If OU had won at TT last year, would there be less desire to win this year? I hope not.

yermom
11/13/2008, 03:26 PM
the crowd will likely be more pumped...

but yeah, they should be already with what is on the line

rondog79
11/13/2008, 03:29 PM
The reckoning to get our name back this year. Revenge, yeah, in a way. However, revenge would mean they did something ultimately terrible to us last year. And how we played against West Virginia, it seems they saved us another NC loss.

not true we would of beat the snot out of ohio st

Sooner1979
11/13/2008, 04:10 PM
If we lose BV before the season is finished, we may have a hard time holding OSU's offense in check...

I have read a lot of threads on this board, and most people actually think that OU's defense would improve if BV left...Reality check, it wont be any better, and in fact, it will get worse before it gets better (if it gets better)...So here's to BV staying on through the year before he pursues his dreams...Fingers Crossed...

soonerwalt
11/13/2008, 05:06 PM
I agree!!! What the hell does Bob know bout defense anyways

BoulderSooner79
11/13/2008, 07:19 PM
It's not a matter of what Bob knows, but what Bob has time for.

MALE918
11/14/2008, 02:50 AM
It's not a matter of what Bob knows, but what Bob has time for.

Fantastic point. I don't want to hear it - but damn.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/14/2008, 10:43 AM
Kurt Russell doing that protracted "No! No!!!..." thing was super corny. I just didn't feel that it was anywhere near natural. I was definately watching a hollywood movie at that point. Val should have sat him down and taught him how to act.

Like this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvJNpImHIRQ&feature=related)

Or this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfwQBi05Teo)

Charla
11/14/2008, 11:24 AM
That's it Val Kilmer for DC.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/14/2008, 03:03 PM
That's it Val Kilmer for DC.

Hell, yes.

http://allstars.pp.ru/men/v/val_kilmer/1/4.jpg

BoulderSooner79
11/14/2008, 05:09 PM
Is that the caveman from the Geico commercial ?

stoopified
11/14/2008, 07:44 PM
I never understood the revenge thing - I think it is more a fan emotion than for the team. If OU had won at TT last year, would there be less desire to win this year? I hope not.While I agree REVENGE is mostly for fans it it DOES come into play with players and coaches on ocassion.A perfect example of this is the 52-9 hammering OU put on oSu in 2003.The reason I remain convinced that Bob and his players wanted payback was not just the 52-9 final score but the Bradley pass for a TD with OU already well ahead.