PDA

View Full Version : Who goes to the Rose Bowl?

Jacie
11/12/2008, 07:18 PM
Michigan State, Ohio State and Penn State have one loss each.

Ohio State lost to Penn State while Michigan State lost to Ohio State giving the buckeyes the tie breaker if . . .

. . . Michigan State can beat PSU in two weeks.

Of course, they still have that end-of-season game with Michigan they have to win to make it official.

Despite the loss to Iowa, Penn State still controls their own destiny with home games versus Indiana and MSU remaining.

Michigan State's path to Pasadena requires a win at Happy Valley and for the buckeyes to be upset by either Illinois or Michigan.

Whoever wins the Big 10 will have the privilege of playing either USC or Oregon State.

Oregon State controls their destiny, needing to beat Arizona, Oregon and California to claim the Pac 10 crown.

USC can only claim it with an Oregon State loss.

Given the disparity in television ratings between a USC-Big 10 matchup versus an Oregon State-Big 10 game, I imagine NBC and Rose Bowl honchos are trying to find a foolproof way to payoff the zebras to insure Oregon State
does not win all of their three remaining games.

You can guess which of those two the Big 10 teams are hoping to play.

silverwheels
11/12/2008, 07:20 PM
I bet the Beavers lose at least one more, sending USC to the Rose Bowl, and I think Penn State will win the Big Ten. USC will smash.

oupride
11/12/2008, 08:14 PM
The Beeve

Sooner_09
11/12/2008, 08:26 PM
Oregon State must win out to win the pac 10..but it's not happening. They'll lose the civil war and the condoms win the pac 10.

Penn State vs. SUC

Blitzkrieg
11/12/2008, 09:53 PM
The Rose Bowl, where the Big 10 and Pac 10 hid from the rest of college football for half a century.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/12/2008, 10:53 PM
Oregon State must win out to win the pac 10..but it's not happening. They'll lose the civil war and the condoms win the pac 10.

Penn State vs. SUC

I think Mike's 'Cats get the Beavers in the desert.

JLEW1818
11/12/2008, 10:54 PM
screw this game and their conferences

salth2o
11/12/2008, 11:10 PM
I am hoping for an Oregon State/Michigan State "Grandaddy of Them All"

olevetonahill
11/12/2008, 11:39 PM
I think Mike's 'Cats get the Beavers in the desert.

I agree .
The desert Rats geter done .

madillsoonerfan5353
11/12/2008, 11:47 PM
I know, but it would be super if the Hairy one went instead of the Condoms!!! :D

Sooner_09
11/13/2008, 01:44 AM
I am hoping for an Oregon State/Michigan State "Grandaddy of Them All"

Michigan State can only go if two things happen:
1) They have to win out.
2) Ohio State loses to Illinois AND Michigan.

shaun4411
11/13/2008, 11:23 AM
id like to see usc and ohio state win their conferences and see if the rose bowl officals are crazy enough to take both teams in that bowl. there would have to be some switching around. another usc ohio state game would be boring

OUMedMan
11/13/2008, 01:17 PM
id like to see usc and ohio state win their conferences and see if the rose bowl officals are crazy enough to take both teams in that bowl. there would have to be some switching around. another usc ohio state game would be boring

I think you are assuming that bowl officials make rationale decisions. . . . .

soonervegas
11/13/2008, 01:20 PM
They will go for Penn State if they have a choice. Any other year it would be OSU all things being equal.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/13/2008, 03:46 PM
screw this game and their conferences

Ding, ding, ding!

This is one game in its present form I could care less if it fell into oblivion and was never televised.

badger
11/13/2008, 04:07 PM
USC can still lose another.

:( I'm SERIOUS, guys! Stop laughing!

:mad: Ok, boys, just remember that USC lost to Oregon State. OREGON STATE! If they can lose to a weak-weak-weak Pac 10 conference opponent, they can lose to ANYONE.

Washington, Washington State: ANYone?!

Baj: No, not you two. Everyone beats you two, except maybe FCS.

UW, Wazzu: Awwww...

Baj: Anyways, my vote for the Rose Bowl... the technical dribble from the Big 10 site...

Rose Bowl. Unless ranked No. 1 or No. 2 in the final BCS poll, the conference champion shall participate in the Rose Bowl. The championship shall be determined on the percentage basis of conference games (tie games counts ½ win and ½ loss). If there is a tie for the championship, the Rose Bowl representative will be determined as follows:

1. An ineligible team shall not be considered in the standings for determination of the conference representative.
2. If there is a tie for the championship, the winner of the game between these two teams shall represent the conference.
3. If there is still a tie for the championship, or if the tied teams did not play each other, the team that played more games against Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) teams shall be eliminated.
4. If there is still a tie, or if the tied teams did not play each other, or if both teams played the same number of games against an FCS team(s), the representative shall be determined on the percentage basis of all games played.
5. If there is still a tie, the most recent team earning BCS automatic selection shall be eliminated.
6. If more than two teams tie for the championship, the same selection procedures shall be followed with the following exceptions:
1. If three teams are tied, and if one team defeated both of the other teams, then that team shall be the representative.
2. If three teams are still tied, and if two of the three teams defeated the third team, the third team is eliminated, and the remaining two teams shall revert to the two-team tie procedure.
3. If three teams are still tied, and there is a tie game between two of the three teams, or if two or all three of the teams did not play each other, the representative shall be determined on a percentage basis of all games played except, if one or two of the tied teams played more games against an FCS opponent than the other tied teams, then said team or teams shall be eliminated, and the remaining two teams, if applicable, shall revert to the two-team tie procedure.
4. If three teams are still tied, and one of the three teams is eliminated through the percentage basis of all games played, the remaining two teams shall revert to the two-team tie procedure.
5. If three teams are still tied, and all three teams have the same winning percentage of all games played, the most recent team representing the conference shall be eliminated, and the two remaining teams shall revert to the two-team tie procedure.
7. If four or more teams tie for the championship, the following selection procedure shall be followed:
1. If one team defeated each of the other three teams, then that team shall be the representative.
2. If two of the four teams defeated each of the other two teams, the latter two teams shall be eliminated, and the two remaining teams shall revert to the two-team tie procedure.
3. If three of the four teams defeated the fourth team, the fourth team is eliminated, and the remaining three teams shall revert to the three-team tie procedure.
4. If there is a tie game between two of the four teams, or if two of the four teams did not play each other, the representative shall be determined on a percentage of all games played, except, if one or more of the tied teams played more games against an FCS opponent than the other tied teams, then said teams shall be eliminated, and the remaining teams, if applicable, shall revert to the two- or three-team tie procedure.
5. If one of the four teams is eliminated through the percentage of all games played, the remaining three teams shall revert to the three-team tie procedure.
6. If all four teams are still tied and have the same winning percentage of all games played, the most recent team representing the conference shall be eliminated and the three remaining teams shall revert to the three-team tie procedure.

I think my head hurts. :(

Anyways, my vote is for USC and Penn State... it's not by personal choice, I personally would rather they both go to the Hell Bowl where Satan tortures them through "Saved By Zero" commercials and awful Pac 10 officiating... all topped off by each and EVERY play being "under review," causing the game to last six hours... but that's just me. By their COMPLICATED tiebreaker standards, PSU and USC, with USC winning, of course :rolleyes:

OUHOMER
11/14/2008, 08:17 AM
I hope the beavers go, as much as i would like Mikey to win out. I would love to see usuc go play on the blue field in the middle of winter.