PDA

View Full Version : Herbstreit on Mike and Mike Podcast!

adoniijahsooner
11/12/2008, 02:54 PM
Talking OU and Tech, and BCS playoff. Greenberg is surprised that Herbie thinks OU can outscore Tech, just shows that he is not informed.

Link

http://insider.espn.go.com/proxy/proxy.dll/insider/espnradio/player?context=insider&id=3697677&action=login&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/proxy/proxy.dll/insider/espnradio/player%3fcontext%3dinsider%26id%3d3697677

bmjlr
11/12/2008, 03:39 PM
Herbie has said that OU has the best offense in the country. He even mentioned it during the Tech game.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/12/2008, 03:49 PM
He also said that he thinks Florida and USC are the best teams right now.

JLEW1818
11/12/2008, 04:19 PM
It pisses me off when I hear people say USC might be the best team..... If they were put in the big 12 or SEC they would have 2+ losses...... do the ESPN guys realize that the pac 10 is garbage?? Why do they give usc so much damn credit?

Boomer38Sooner
11/12/2008, 04:53 PM
Exactly. They just give them credit because they kick horrible teams' butts. Also, they played horrible on offense in the Cal game and they weren't that great against Arizona....

Collier11
11/12/2008, 04:58 PM
It is in ESPNs best interest for USC to be good, that is why they hype them and Notre Dame and the SEC

Widescreen
11/12/2008, 05:41 PM
This year's USC is Boise State with better talent.

kevpks
11/12/2008, 06:46 PM
Pac-10<MWC by far. USC MIGHT win the Mountain West if they caught a break or two.

greenfacedman
11/12/2008, 09:51 PM
I don't usually put too much stock in anything that Herbie says,nor Corso either,he's just a blithering idiot. It amazes me that ESPN would waste money on a "never-was" coach and pay him to make a complete fool of himself on national t.v. My guess is that next year,Corso won't be so cute and they'll put him out to pasture to let Switzer kick around some more.
In regards to Herbies talk on M&M... he's just trying to hype the game for ratings and trying to shore up his position on gameday so he doesn't get the axe when Corso and Brylcreme Boy do.

PalmBeachSooner
11/12/2008, 10:10 PM
It pisses me off when I hear people say USC might be the best team..... If they were put in the big 12 or SEC they would have 2+ losses...... do the ESPN guys realize that the pac 10 is garbage?? Why do they give usc so much damn credit?

Probably, because they have 4 to 5 projected first round draft picks in next years draft and probably the next two or three years after that. There's no doubt that USC has great talent, but that alone does not make them them best team. If that were the case then Texas should have several MNCs by now. I think it's safe to say, that the talent advantage that USC enjoys over the rest of the Pac-10, both works for them and against them.

bluedogok
11/12/2008, 11:06 PM
Greenberg admits that he isn't all that knowledegable about college football being a New York City guy raised on pro sports. Most "big city" guys are more pro minded because that is the dominant level of sports. College sports became big in the rest of the country outside of the northeast because pro sports didn't exist south of Baltimore and west of St. Louis until the Dodgers moved, so college sports was (and still is) king for most who grew up outside of that part of the country.

Salt City Sooner
11/13/2008, 12:34 AM
Greenberg admits that he isn't all that knowledegable about college football being a New York City guy raised on pro sports. Most "big city" guys are more pro minded because that is the dominant level of sports. College sports became big in the rest of the country outside of the northeast because pro sports didn't exist south of Baltimore and west of St. Louis until the Dodgers moved, so college sports was (and still is) king for most who grew up outside of that part of the country.
Ya think? Just last week on M & M he got busted saying that "Texas ran OU off of their home field."

bluedogok
11/13/2008, 02:43 PM
I didn't hear that, but then I pretty much gave up on listening to sports radio awhile back.