SteelClip49
11/12/2008, 12:58 PM
Bob Stoops on the main page of ESPN.com.... check it out. www.espn.com

OKLA21FAN
11/12/2008, 12:59 PM
espn bias! :pop:

oumartin
11/12/2008, 01:01 PM
what about him. wins 10 games a year and typically puts his hands around his neck on the big stage. ;)

The_Red_Patriot
11/12/2008, 02:45 PM
Of course it came from Ivan Maisel....he's the only guy at ESPN that constantly respects and talks about Bob/Oklahoma.

OUMallen
11/12/2008, 02:55 PM
NIce piece.

BoulderSooner79
11/12/2008, 03:10 PM
At the end of the article, he list Ryan Reynolds as the second most important injured player this season with Beanie Wells at fifth.

rondog79
11/12/2008, 03:44 PM
bob is da man he never lost it he will prove that when OU takes down tt and osu then mu

soonerfan28
11/12/2008, 04:33 PM
I think its just harder to win every big game nowadays and I admit we have choked when it came to some big ones, but I won't say that we choked against WV last year. At the end of the year they were in the title hunt and they should have been in the NC. I think the biggest choke was K-State in 2003.

Widescreen
11/12/2008, 05:52 PM
Interesting that Mack and Leach have a vote but Stoops doesn't. I suspect if we beat Texas Tech, Leach will compensate for Mack voting us low.

DangTire
11/12/2008, 06:15 PM
I think its just harder to win every big game nowadays and I admit we have choked when it came to some big ones, but I won't say that we choked against WV last year. At the end of the year they were in the title hunt and they should have been in the NC. I think the biggest choke was K-State in 2003.

They got blown out and looked hapless the entire game and you wouldn't count that as a choke? WTF does it take for some of you to be appalled? Leach running over and sticking his unwiped crack in Vulnerables face? (story coming soon)

BoulderSooner79
11/12/2008, 06:26 PM
They got blown out and looked hapless the entire game and you wouldn't count that as a choke? WTF does it take for some of you to be appalled? Leach running over and sticking his unwiped crack in Vulnerables face? (story coming soon)

I've noticed over the years that other teams keep 11 players on the field and have coaching staffs that try hard to win too. Sometimes they do, and it doesn't appall me - disappoint ? For sure. Personally, I have zero dollars* involved as I am not local so I don't buy tickets or pay taxes for public education in Oklahoma. I just happened to a degree there and got smitten with OU football in the process. I like to follow it and discuss it with others of similar interest. I thought I'd throw that out there as others may be in a similar situation and thus are hard to appall.

*okay, I did buy my dad some OU slippers as a present.

tennsooner
11/12/2008, 07:27 PM

Oh yeah....Correct.Its not like we had any starters out in that game.:rolleyes:

Curly Bill
11/12/2008, 07:30 PM
Oh yeah....Correct.Its not like we had any starters out in that game.:rolleyes:

...but we were allowed to replace them right, you know so we'd have 11 players on the field, and they were on scholarship right? Anyway, excuses are easy.

StoopTroup
11/12/2008, 07:42 PM
I just wish we'd have lost to powerhouse Mississippi instead of texas...that way we could be ahead of Florida in the polls. :rolleyes: :pop:

Curly Bill
11/12/2008, 07:43 PM
I just wish we'd have lost to powerhouse Mississippi instead of texas...that way we could be ahead of Florida in the polls. :rolleyes: :pop:

All in good time if we take care of our business. :)

StoopTroup
11/12/2008, 07:45 PM
All in good time if we take care of our business. :)

So if we take care of our business...we'll play Mississippi?

Curly Bill
11/12/2008, 07:47 PM
So if we take care of our business...we'll play Mississippi?

That is 100% correct! :D

StoopTroup
11/12/2008, 07:47 PM
Go Gamecocks!

Put this **** to bed...

TIA

ST

oupride
11/12/2008, 08:11 PM
thanks for the post

tennsooner
11/15/2008, 07:13 PM
...but we were allowed to replace them right, you know so we'd have 11 players on the field, and they were on scholarship right? Anyway, excuses are easy.

Yep everyone knows the backups are always as good as the starters. No way losing 5 should effect any team.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
11/15/2008, 09:39 PM
Yep everyone knows the backups are always as good as the starters. No way losing 5 should effect any team.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Like I said: excuses are easy.

tennsooner
11/16/2008, 12:55 PM
Like I said: excuses are easy.

Yes and having common sence about teams sports isn't. Did you ever play a down in a game?

Iam4OUru
11/16/2008, 01:38 PM
I think the biggest choke was K-State in 2003.

What about the following game? :eek:

Curly Bill
11/16/2008, 02:25 PM
Yes and having common sence about teams sports isn't. Did you ever play a down in a game?

Not only that but coached it for 15 years, excuses aren't acceptable but to losers.

...but thanks for playing tennsooner, you'd make a good aggie fan looks like.

Curly Bill
11/16/2008, 02:30 PM

...and if I was going to call someone out about common sense, I'd make sure and spell it correctly.

JLEW1818
11/16/2008, 02:32 PM
hahahahahahaha

Curly Bill
11/16/2008, 02:35 PM
hahahahahahaha

:D

Johnny Utah
11/16/2008, 05:12 PM
Not only that but coached it for 15 years, excuses aren't acceptable but to losers.

...and if I was going to call someone out about common sense, I'd make sure and spell it correctly.

heheheh.:D

Sabanball
11/16/2008, 05:18 PM
Great article.

I can't believe there are OU fans that criticize Bob as being a 'choker'. JUST GETTING OU IN THOSE BCS GAMES AND IN POSITION TO PLAY FOR THE NC is a huge accomplishment in itself and I don't think most know or appreciate how difficult that is to do, especially with the parity that we now have in the game.

tennsooner
11/16/2008, 05:45 PM

Pretty easy to see why you don't coach it now. Every one who reads this thread about how a team with several starters out should preform just as well as if they were healthy knows who the real aggie is.:D :D Thanks for showing us your true knowledge.:rolleyes:

tennsooner
11/16/2008, 05:49 PM

...but thanks for playing tennsooner, you'd make a good Aggie fan looks like.

Might want to watch the capitalization ol' master of the English language.

Curly Bill
11/16/2008, 05:50 PM
Might want to watch the capitalization ol' master of the English language.

This is a Sooner board we don't capitalize aggie.

Curly Bill
11/16/2008, 05:52 PM
Pretty easy to see why you don't coach it now. Every one who reads this thread about how a team with several starters out should preform just as well as if they were healthy knows who the real aggie is.:D :D Thanks for showing us your true knowledge.:rolleyes:

Actually I still do. Thanks for making excuses for our poor performance in last years bowl game though, I'm sure Bob appreciates it.

...and the reason you're aggie, because I don't think you get it, is that aggie always makes excuses as to why they lost.

Curly Bill
11/16/2008, 05:54 PM

Would you like to compare SPEK gained -v- SPEK lost via this thread?