PDA

View Full Version : Obama's already causing problems for me...

Ike
11/12/2008, 12:16 PM
So the other day I had to catch a late flight for a one day trip to a job interview. On the way to Midway, I had to get off of I-88 onto I-294 south. Unfortunately for me, the on-ramp to 294 was being blocked by emergency vehicles. Cars were literally parked on the ramp. We figured there must have been a terrible accident. Nobody was moving...not even an inch. Anyway, we turned the radio to the local news stations and listened for the traffic reports to find out what was going on. No mention at all of what was happening where we were. none whatsoever. So we sat there, stuck on an on ramp, for 40 minutes, while the clock ticked down to the time I would need to get to the airport.

After we got moving again, they finally mentioned on the radio that Obama's motorcade was blocking the highways, including my exit/entrance. Anyway, I barely made my flight. I'm glad I left a bit early.

Anyway, it made me mad. That's all. I'm sure this will happen many more times in the future. I hope I'm not on the road when it does.

1890MilesToNorman
11/12/2008, 12:26 PM
I hoped you turned your engine off to save precious fuel while the road was blocked? Your time ain't important, don't you know that? :O

I bet he was getting his hair cut, that's important pres-elect business you know.

Ike
11/12/2008, 12:29 PM
I hoped you turned your engine off to save precious fuel while the road was blocked? Your time ain't important, don't you know that? :O

I bet he was getting his hair cut, that's important pres-elect business you know.

Actually, he was returning from Warshington and his big meet-n-greet at the WH.

And to be honest, I did turn off the engine after it was clear we weren't moving. I was low on gas.

1890MilesToNorman
11/12/2008, 12:33 PM
Actually, he was returning from Warshington and his big meet-n-greet at the WH.

And to be honest, I did turn off the engine after it was clear we weren't moving. I was low on gas.

I'm glad you were saving our environment, er um your wallet. It's the Obama way. :D

yermom
11/12/2008, 12:48 PM
i hope you checked your tire pressure while you were waiting too

Taxman71
11/12/2008, 03:08 PM
They did that at I-40 and I-35 a couple months back in OKC when the POTUS came to town for some fundraiser.....err ceremony. It was mid-morning and one of the busiest highway intersections was shut for at least an hour.

PalmBeachSooner1
11/13/2008, 06:59 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y215/FAUALUM29/obamawon.jpg