PDA

View Full Version : Todays Young Generation of Women

SteelClip49
11/12/2008, 09:39 AM
You can say the same for guys as well vice versa but for women ages 18-30, let's say cuz after 30 you should be mature enough to really know what you want. But, why are women so concerned with how hot a guy is based on the exterior and not the interior? Girls have this sense they need to be with a guy with a lot of money, has a lot of material things, has a great body, has a great job that fits her standards, etc. REMEMBER, I AM NOT TARGETING JUST WOMEN HERE; SAME CAN BE SAID FOR MEN IN OTHER WAYS...I AM A GUY SO I BROUGHT UP WOMEN. What is up with the perception these days other than what they see in Hollywood and in advertisements and whatever else? Not everyone is perfect. Why always aim for perfection? Hell, if perfection is being aimed for in a guy then it's pretty much being set up for failure.

I have dated here and there and I have talked with various women at different social finctions and occasionally at bars. Some will give you the time of day, others will look at you based on how you are dressed or even if you are dressed well and you don't have a lot of $$$ they will brush you aside. Both sexes have an inferiority complex but I find it difficult at times to really know what a woman wants because you can say everything a woman would want to hear but sometimes being honest and just yourself is not good enough for them.

I am just curious what you all think.

OUHOMER
11/12/2008, 09:52 AM
I have been married for 32 years, So I dont care, but the wife got the short end of the stick :D

yermom
11/12/2008, 09:58 AM
maybe you should start taking your own medicine and hit on the ugly chicks ;)

1890MilesToNorman
11/12/2008, 09:58 AM
I dress like I just came out of the sticks and have a big wad in my pocket, I don't have any issues with women. I leave them alone and they leave me alone.

If they don't then my GF of 16 years will kick their arse. :D

Lott's Bandana
11/12/2008, 09:59 AM
I have been married for 32 years, So I dont care, but the wife got the short end of the stick :D

Pun: Well-executed.

Viking Kitten
11/12/2008, 10:02 AM
Before this becomes a "bash chicks because they're the debbil" thread, let me just say it's natural to some extent for all people to try to find somebody they consider the "ideal" partner, the guy/girl who meets all their criteria, the "whole package" (I hate that expression) if you will.

Remember, we live in a society that allows people to extend adolescence into their 20s and even beyond, so people these days have the time and freedom to search for that ideal. Let me ask you this, these women that you are talking to at social functions and bars, how many of them are unattractive? I'm gonna guess probably zero?

My point is as people mature, they do realize what's underneath is more important. There are girls out there who think funny and smart is far preferable to big white teeth and and fake tan. In fact, there are a lot of us girls who get turned off by good looking d-bags because they hog the mirror. You should consider looking in different places.

Also consider reading a book called "The Game" by Neil Strauss. There is kind of art to meeting chicks and apparently this guy has it figured out pretty well, from what I've heard.

The main thing is, I think, be yourself. Don't be a big fake because you'll end up with a chick who is attracted to bulls**t and not the real thing. That's doomed to fail. Your job right now as a young guy is just to learn to enjoy the process of looking for the right girl.

yermom
11/12/2008, 10:06 AM
The Game is a handbook for d-bags as far as i can tell...

and i guess you don't have to worry about Czar fighting you for the mirror? :D

Viking Kitten
11/12/2008, 10:13 AM
First of all, Yermom, Czar is a hottie. When we first met, I worked across the hall at from him at Quail Springs Mall, and I literally drooled over him, and so did a lot of other big haired mallrats like myself. Oh, and he still has a great a**. So there.

Now, "The Game." Yes, I can see where it could be the d-bag Bible. OTOH, I think a lot of shy guys could learn a few things from it too, not to take the whole thing so seriously for example, and that confidence is sexy. I think knowing that stuff doesn't necessarily make you a jerk, it just gives you a bit of an advantage.

frankensooner
11/12/2008, 10:17 AM
Dood, you are looking at this the wrong way. First you need a plan to make a big pile of money. The ladies like a man of means. Second, if you are quasimodo ugly, you should think about getting some work done by a good plastic surgeon. If you are morbidly obese, apply for the next biggest loser. Lastly, you have to exude confidence, the ladies like a confident man.

;)

Veritas
11/12/2008, 10:19 AM
I am just curious what you all think.
Sounds like you're trying to date in Dallas.

1890MilesToNorman
11/12/2008, 10:19 AM
Dood, you are looking at this the wrong way. First you need a plan to make a big pile of money. The ladies like a man of means. Second, if you are quasimodo ugly, you should think about getting some work done by a good plastic surgeon. If you are morbidly obese, apply for the next biggest loser. Lastly, you have to exude confidence, the ladies like a confident man.

;)

Are you making fun of my hump? :P

That's where i keep my money.

Lott's Bandana
11/12/2008, 10:21 AM
Sounds like you're trying to date in Dallas.

Gawd forbid.

:mad:

tommieharris91
11/12/2008, 10:22 AM
FmrEmpOUAthDemp = Next SicEmBaylor? He's been giving SicEm a lot of bad advice in that thread...

frankensooner
11/12/2008, 10:26 AM
Are you making fun of my hump? :P

That's where i keep my money.

Hump? What hump?

http://www.tipiloschi.net/nino/ninoland/MartyFeldmanIgor.jpg

Lott's Bandana
11/12/2008, 10:27 AM
FmrEmpOUAthDemp = Next SicEmBaylor? He's been giving SicEm a lot of bad advice in that thread...

What if someone was giving your daughter red spek?

tommieharris91
11/12/2008, 10:28 AM

I'd cry forever.

OKLA21FAN
11/12/2008, 10:30 AM
well, hopefully it was be safe red spek

M
11/12/2008, 10:42 AM
I agree with VK's assessment. Confidence, a sense of humor and making your woman feel good about herself are the sexiest qualities a guy can have. And going out with the goal of finding "the one" usually sets you up for disappointment. Just go out with the mindset that you're there to have fun, and if a chick blows you off, eff her. And you may find an interesting girl somewhere when you're not "on the prowl" (say, the grocery store, for example). Sometimes you stumble into a great person when you least expect it. Just be yourself because someday, you'll meet a girl who thinks you are perfection.

SteelClip49
11/12/2008, 10:42 AM
SicEm kind of reminds me of me in ways.... being the nice guy and trying too hard just for one girl but somewhere along the lines there is a confidence to want to keep on goingl if not with her than someone else. It took 6 years to graduate so I got that done but everything else SicEm has said leading up to certain things is all so familiar.

Sometimes it's hard to be nice and honest when nothing good comes from it. I have been on the highs and lows of dates/relationships. Yeah I am 24 and I have a lot to still learn but I am have seen a lot of crap more than good.

Czar Soonerov
11/12/2008, 10:44 AM
First of all, Yermom, Czar is a hottie.
I agree with VK's assessment.

:pop:

frankensooner
11/12/2008, 10:45 AM
Wow, you must have a great ***.

M
11/12/2008, 10:47 AM
:pop:

See, boys can be immature too. :P

SoonerInKCMO
11/12/2008, 10:48 AM
Remember, we live in a society that allows people to extend adolescence into their 20s and even beyond,

At least to 39, as far as I can tell.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2008, 10:59 AM
I married over my head for sure so I ll tell you how ugly dudes(I am one) score the hawt chicks.

1. confidence...meaning too many guys start acting like someone else when they get around females...trying too hard to impress..And if you don't believe in yourself, why should anyone else?

2. stop looking..this may not be true for everybody, but my relationship started with her when I decided to stop looking for somebody...which goes back to a confidence issue..I was looking for a relationship to make me feel better about myself.

and the most important.

3. ectasy..I slipped her a couple and the next thing you know, we've been married 6 years and have 2 children

pergdaddy
11/12/2008, 11:14 AM
Been married for 8 years (thank God we got married in 2000, makes the math easy) with two children. I think she's hot, a wonderful person, great sense of humor, great listener (that is when I actually talk about what I'm thinking), and also my best friend. I could not see myself without her and I don't want to. I've been myself, never pretending to be something I'm not.

Be yourself, don't pretend to be something you are not. Look at the whole package. Sure, looks are the first thing you see, but you need to look further. You'll know when you date, just being yourself, you'll know if she's being herself. Just got to watch body language and actions. Life's not easy, you'll strike out here and there, but always keep an eye out, but don't make it a priority. Good things come when you least expect it.

Oh, and I always had the rule of not starting a relationship with someone I met in a bar. Weird that way. I met my wife at work. Better to meet someone in real life situations, not when they are drunk as hell.

And Makeup. If they wear tons of makeup, do you really want to know what's behind the mask?

Oldnslo
11/12/2008, 11:14 AM
I've met Czar.

Yeah, d00d has a mighty fine ***. 'swut I hear, anyways.

SteelClip49
11/12/2008, 11:17 AM
I am educated, I have a nice job right out of college and I have a lot going for myself. I am very confident and I am am not ashamed with how I look and I am far from ugly....got me some Italian and German in me so I know I have a good thing going. My only deal is I think i try way too hard and I should just take a step back and just be myself like I know how too.

I workout a lot too and I will be in some Pilates classes where there is an array of hot women. Of course, there's the SicEm mindset in the sense....do I play my usual basketball at 5:30 on Fridays or should I go to Pilates to further my tonage and perhaps mingle. And before you say anything....it's Pilates for me because basketball is always there and Pilates is just once a week.

Viking Kitten
11/12/2008, 11:22 AM
Also, pilates might just give you an *** like Czar's. Which, as you now understand, is a babe magnet.

JohnnyMack
11/12/2008, 11:25 AM
His *** isn't just a babe magnet, it brings all the boys to the yard.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2008, 11:26 AM
Oh, and btw, if you have a full set of hair on your head, either lose some of it, or just shave it all off like myself..It worked wonders for me

Viking Kitten
11/12/2008, 11:27 AM
His *** isn't just a babe magnet, it brings all the boys to the yard.

His *** is a perfectly concentric circle! It has more power than the sun! Accept it before it destroys you!

frankensooner
11/12/2008, 11:29 AM
If he caught VK with it, it has to be a nice one. ;)

I actually met my misses on a blind date. Those thing never were very good for me either. When you least expect it, that is when good things happen.

JohnnyMack
11/12/2008, 11:31 AM
I actually met my misses on a blind date. Those thing never were very good for me either. When you least expect it, that is when good things happen.

Having seen you I understand that she would have to be blind.

Oh. You said blind date. Nevermind.

frankensooner
11/12/2008, 11:32 AM
It helps anyway. ;)

Actually, I used to be hot. Sad but true. ;)

SteelClip49
11/12/2008, 11:33 AM
Been married for 8 years (thank God we got married in 2000, makes the math easy) with two children. I think she's hot, a wonderful person, great sense of humor, great listener (that is when I actually talk about what I'm thinking), and also my best friend. I could not see myself without her and I don't want to. I've been myself, never pretending to be something I'm not.

Be yourself, don't pretend to be something you are not. Look at the whole package. Sure, looks are the first thing you see, but you need to look further. You'll know when you date, just being yourself, you'll know if she's being herself. Just got to watch body language and actions. Life's not easy, you'll strike out here and there, but always keep an eye out, but don't make it a priority. Good things come when you least expect it.

Oh, and I always had the rule of not starting a relationship with someone I met in a bar. Weird that way. I met my wife at work. Better to meet someone in real life situations, not when they are drunk as hell.

And Makeup. If they wear tons of makeup, do you really want to know what's behind the mask?

I totally agree with that assessment. And I am all about what's on the inside. To me, a woman has to care with the way she looks and has to be comfortable in her own body and not be lazy about it. With that said, I look at the exterior being only 10 percent of what truly defines the woman one is seeking. The 90 percent is what is inside because that is where the real attraction is. I think it's the ultimate insult to just say to a woman, "YOU'RE HOT," because it's basically setting oneself up for disaster and if the woman is smart...she will chuckle and basically say go to hell. To me, saying a woman is hot is a copout because there is no logical reasoning behind it. If not an insult, it's an immature compliment; it's elementary. I am all about conversations and actually giving her a first-authentic compliment that has meaning and could lead to something or nothing. I would rather not say "YOU'RE HOT" and just moving on if I have nothing to say.

I rarely drink and when I do go to clubs I am usually just a one beer and done type so I figure asking a girl if I could buy her a drink would be out of the question since I wouldn't have one myself. I also look at that approach as another copout when you can't think of anything else to say. Maybe as the conversation has gone on for a while then I might ask only because I would have one with her.

My dad and mother met in an office setting so I hear you on that platform. I have met women before in bars but I never offer to buy them drinks unless i decide to but I like sober conversations. I work in the medical field (not doing medical stuff) and I have met some very attractive (inner and outer perspective) women and the conversations have been nice so who knows what will surface. But I bet it will happen when i least expect it.

I don't want to assume anything yet... but maybe there will be a thread somewhere down the road titled... "So, I Met A Girl II: FEOUAD's Love Quest"

SoonerJack
11/12/2008, 11:52 AM
Get a puppy and take it everywhere you go. Girls love puppies.

(says the happily married man of 22 years who called his future wife the wrong name when he asked her out on their first date)

Viking Kitten
11/12/2008, 11:54 AM
Heh. "Take care of herself and not be lazy." We all realize that's code for "no fat chicks."

frankensooner
11/12/2008, 12:02 PM
Next he will be telling us that he is an "official bikini inspector" Don't fall for it ladies. ;)

Viking Kitten
11/12/2008, 12:09 PM
If he offers 5 cent mustache rides, steer clear of that too.

soonervegas
11/12/2008, 01:29 PM
Sounds like the person who has the problem is you. Stop targeting the vapid "hot" chics. Your fishing in the wrong pond dude. If there is one thing I have learned in life is this:

"10s" are a waste of time and usually horrible in the sack. (there I said it)
"solid 8s" - usually have good head's on their shoulder, have something interesting to say, age better, and are better in the sack than 10s

badger
11/12/2008, 01:38 PM
I know that this has kind of turned into a "how to find a spouse" topic, but in defense of women, we are not all like this chick right here... it's funny, so I'll post it:

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I’m tired of beating around the bush. I’m a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25-year-old girl. I’m articulate and classy. I’m not from New York. I’m looking to get married to a guy who makes at least [a] half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don’t think I’m overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a businessman who makes average around 200 - 250K. But that’s where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000K won’t get me to Central Park West. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she’s not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

- Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics- bars, restaurants, gyms.

- What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won’t hurt my feelings.

- Is there an age range I should be targeting (I’m 25)?

- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the Upper East Side so plain? I’ve seen really “plain Jane” boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I’ve seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the East Village. What’s the story there?

- Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows — lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY.

Please hold your insults — I’m putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I’m being up front about it. I wouldn’t be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn’t able to match them — in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

And the fun reply:

I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament. Firstly, I’m not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said, here’s how I see it:

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a crappy business deal. Here’s why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party, and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here’s the rub — your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity … in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won’t be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms, you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain: you’re 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35, stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold … hence the rub … marriage. It doesn’t make good business sense to “buy you” (which is what you’re asking) so I’d rather lease. In case you think I’m being cruel, I would say the following: if my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It’s as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as “articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful” as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe, if you are as gorgeous as you say you are, that the $500K hasn’t found you, if not only for a tryout. By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn’t need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you’re going about it the right way. Classic “pump and dump.” I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know.

I'd rather be around someone that's fun than someone with millions or whatever. See sig - I love him more than the Sooners. Isn't that good enough for a potential spouse, that they could be greater than the greatest football team ever?

yermom
11/12/2008, 01:46 PM
dude's response is classic

and with her idea of "middle class" she'd fit in just fine around here ;)

1890MilesToNorman
11/12/2008, 01:54 PM
that is funny as hell Badger! thanks,

tommieharris91
11/12/2008, 01:55 PM
Hey, all I'm really looking for right now is someone who is 22-26, cute, understands my humor, and can joke around too. I've always thought of myself as picky, but not overly picky.

SteelClip49
11/12/2008, 02:47 PM
I have a date tonight. She is Baptist. What are Baptist girls like?

tommieharris91
11/12/2008, 02:48 PM

You're already improving!! Just find ways to make the gal laugh and you'll be fine. If she doesn't like your humor, ditch her. It won't work out without laughter.

frankensooner
11/12/2008, 02:51 PM

They are like Church of Christ Girls, but with more attitude. ;)

olevetonahill
11/12/2008, 02:58 PM
Hey, all I'm really looking for right now is someone who is 22-26, cute, understands my humor, and can joke around too. I've always thought of myself as picky, but not overly picky.

Hell sounds to me Like yer still Picky .
All Im lookin fer is a woman (anywoman ) who will cook , Clean the shack,do the laundry,Not TALK to dayum Much, and aint to Fat and or Ugly .

Viking Kitten
11/12/2008, 03:02 PM
See? More code for "No Fat Chicks."

frankensooner
11/12/2008, 03:04 PM
VK, I don't think that was code at all. ;)

mdklatt
11/12/2008, 03:04 PM
And you may find an interesting girl somewhere when you're not "on the prowl" (say, the grocery store, for example). Sometimes you stumble into a great person when you least expect it.

This is a myth, almost as bad as "weddings are a great place to meet women."

olevetonahill
11/12/2008, 03:10 PM
VK, I don't think that was code at all. ;)

Sure it was , I just made it easy to break .:D

Frozen Sooner
Oh, for ****'s sake...

Listen, I'm 34, fatter than an elephant on steroid therapy, have a face that looks like someone set it on fire then beat it out with the ugly stick, and I still manage to get laid once in a while.

Sometimes you gotta realize that the problem isn't the girls, the problem is your expectations of them.

frankensooner
Bad places to meet women:

Prison correspondence;
Family reunions;
Mental hospitals;
Truckstop parking lots;
Nudie bars;
Lesbian bars; and
Cemetaries.

Anywhere else, you should be pretty safe. ;)

jkjsooner
11/12/2008, 03:41 PM
The interesting thing is that many women tend to be attracted to flashy signs of wealth - the Mercedes, the big house, etc.

Some say they've evolved to find men who can care for their children. Men, on the other hand, look for youth because they've evolved to look for a women who can have their child. (We also evolved to spread as many seeds as possible but that's another matter.)

Anyway, the ironic thing is that in today's society, flashy signs of wealth are just as likely to be a warning sign instead of a sign of financial stability. It is (or was) pretty easy for a middle class person to get a loan for a Mercedes and a nice house.

I've seen it a thousand time. A guy who runs around like he's wealthy but when you talk to him you discover he's put himself in a financial bind.

The guys driving around driving normal cars that are a few years old, stocking tons of money in their bank accounts, etc., are the ones who are the emotionally and financially prepared to raise children.

But, I guess it's all about peacock feathers.

Viking Kitten
11/12/2008, 03:57 PM
The interesting thing is that many women tend to be attracted to flashy signs of wealth - the Mercedes, the big house, etc.

yada yada yada

I guess it's all about peacock feathers.

That's the point everyone is making, I think. Some, not all, women go for that stuff. If that's the kind of woman you keep coming across, it is because you yourself are probably being a bit superficial in the kind of woman you are looking at. There are plenty of girls out there who are much more interested in what you have to say. A lot of women go for brains over brawn. A LOT. Every single time I hear a guy whine about not being able to get a date, what he invariably means is "I can't get a date with Natalie Portman."

SteelClip49
11/12/2008, 04:06 PM
She likes blue eyes; I have blue eyes. She likes to laugh and make lame jokes; i am damn good at that. She is very involved with church and I am not. She is baptist and I am Catholic. Religion doesn't matter to me but I told her, "screw the religion aspect; just as long as we all believe in God then why does it matter what religion?" She agreed. She likes that school up in Stoolwater (only downfall on her part)...good thing she found me. She works in health care!!!!

Btw...we met at a wedding almost a month ago and a friend told her about me and all of a sudden it came to life. She did say however, since I am not much involved with my church that after I am with her tonight and Saturday that I need to go to confession...which may be well worth it!!! What's good though is she wants to date more and start something because she liked what I had to say based on an email I sent her recently.

But yeah, I still stand by my thread title but I am also happy it didn't take 1500+ posts to have something happen.

tommieharris91
11/12/2008, 04:10 PM
She likes blue eyes; I have blue eyes. She likes to laugh and make lame jokes; i am damn good at that. She is very involved with church and I am not. She is baptist and I am Catholic. Religion doesn't matter to me but I told her, "screw the religion aspect; just as long as we all believe in God then why does it matter what religion?" She agreed. She likes that school up in Stoolwater (only downfall on her part)...good thing she found me. She works in health care!!!!

Btw...we met at a wedding almost a month ago and a friend told her about me and all of a sudden it came to life. She did say however, since I am not much involved with my church that after I am with her tonight and Saturday that I need to go to confession...which may be well worth it!!! What's good though is she wants to date more and start something because she liked what I had to say based on an email I sent her recently.

But yeah, I still stand by my thread title but I am also happy it didn't take 1500+ posts to have something happen.

Going to confession for a chick ain't why you should go to confession. You should do it on your own. Other than that don't fail at this.

Czar Soonerov
11/12/2008, 04:15 PM
NSFW (Language)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2SoHvcpDHH0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2SoHvcpDHH0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TUSooner
11/12/2008, 04:23 PM
So you are saying that people can be astonishingly shallow and superficial? Who would have guessed ?!
By the time most people figure out there's a heck of a lot more to a person than looks and possessions, they're already married, and probably divorced. Sometimes they never learn.

But I've been married for 31 years, so I may not be an expert on this subject.

OklahomaTuba
11/12/2008, 05:39 PM
Hookers and blow.

YWIA.

SteelClip49
11/13/2008, 01:09 AM
The date was a success and we kissed...for about 3 minutes outside her car outside of Johnny Carinoes. Second date on Saturday and she wants it to end back at her place....:)

tommieharris91
11/13/2008, 01:18 AM
Already doing better than SicEm.

Frozen Sooner
11/13/2008, 01:50 AM
SicEm? He's already doing better than GHP.

olevetonahill
11/13/2008, 02:12 AM
SicEm? He's already doing better than GHP, and Me .

Fixed :D

soonerboy_odanorth
11/13/2008, 02:49 AM
First marriage = FAIL in the extreme.... best buddy and party girl and totally different views on life paths. (Her A type + my AB type was a whole bunch of "not so much")... two incredibly great sons are the sober reminder that she ain't the debil, and she is...I regret to inform.... a sound friend.... and we parent better apart than we ever did together.

Which brings me to my wife. Yes. Wife #2 if you must. I discovered it is ok to have someone in your life that loves you so much that they just want to take care of you. And that makes me want to take care of her just that much more.... especially because she is the girly-girl that Sargeant Steel Saigon Sue never was.

So FEOUAD, does she make you feel good? Can you tell that she makes an effort to do so. Does that make you feel like you want to protect, hold, and support her in any way possible. Does she contently sigh around you. Do you instinctively hold her tight?

If you have answered "none of the above" because of the presumptions you offered in your initial post that the humps-n-lumps you are running into are entirely too materialistic and there is no real love in the world anymore... then you need to take a serious break from the scene.

Let it go... Don't give it any further care.... Have fun with your life. When the time is right, "SHE" will be there.

There. That's my piece-o-mind.

SteelClip49
11/13/2008, 09:03 AM
This girl rocks my world and I don't mean that sexually, well, not yet. She doesn't buy into the whole drama stuff. She takes stuff the way it is. We agree on some things and then we do not. But that will always happen. She is not the romantic type because of the way she was raised and for the fact that she has never heard the things I have said to her before so it's a bit of a shock but I know she appreciates it.

She is exactly not what I described in my first post. She makes good money but money isn't what she is about. She is not into glitz and glamour but she likes to look good; enough to make an impression; not to try too hard. This is only the beginning so who knows what will happen but it is refreshing to go out with someone who appreciates me for who I am.

SoonerJack
11/13/2008, 09:24 AM
The date was a success and we kissed...for about 3 minutes outside her car outside of Johnny Carinoes. Second date on Saturday and she wants it to end back at her place....:)
Bow chicka bow bow!

SoonerJack
11/13/2008, 09:27 AM
And you didn't even have to resort to a puppy!

Lott's Bandana
11/13/2008, 09:29 AM
This thread is becoming worthless without teh obligatory pics.

(it took this long to ask?)

yermom
11/13/2008, 10:21 AM
This thread is becoming worthless without teh obligatory pics.

(it took this long to ask?)

now that you mention it, i might as well get this out of the way...

PIITB

mdklatt
11/13/2008, 10:35 AM
now that you mention it, i might as well get this out of the way...

PIITB

Yeah, it's good to get this out of the way on the second or third date. Otherwise it's the elephant in the room.

NormanPride
11/13/2008, 10:44 AM
I'd rather be around someone that's fun than someone with millions or whatever. See sig - I love him more than the Sooners. Isn't that good enough for a potential spouse, that they could be greater than the greatest football team ever?

:O :O :O :O :O

Thanks, hon.

SteelClip49
11/13/2008, 11:34 AM
I paid for the meal ($28) and she left a $20 tip. She thinks women who expect men to pay for everything need a reality check because they aren't that great and for starting out.... it should be split because you never know if the connection will last. I like this girl. She is kinky, smart, charismatic, family-oriented, non-dramatic, artistic and a lot of fun overall. She likes my car because it has a spacious middle seat (Honda CRV). She is 25 which makes it even better.....gladly not 19.

Lott's Bandana
11/13/2008, 11:57 AM
Yeah, it's good to get this out of the way on the second or third date. Otherwise it's the elephant in the room.

Yeah, that's a disappointing second choice....lots of grass-burns.

Oh, and a ladder.

soonerbrat
11/26/2008, 01:09 PM
I dress like I just came out of the sticks and have a big wad in my pocket, I don't have any issues with women. I leave them alone and they leave me alone.

If they don't then my GF of 16 years will kick their arse. :D

you have a 16 year old girlfriend?

that's just wrong.

Spray
11/26/2008, 07:16 PM
I didn't bother to read the thread but this isn't generational, its just how it is. Of course, I'm hot as ****, so I'm in the clear.

SoonerStormchaser
11/26/2008, 07:28 PM
I saw this thread...opened it...and got extremely disappointed that I could not opine on it...

Thanks a lot morans!

Jimminy Crimson
11/26/2008, 08:54 PM
I saw this thread...opened it...and got extremely disappointed that I could not opine on it...

Thanks a lot morans!

:mack:NURSING HOM3D!!!1!