PDA

View Full Version : PSA

Okla-homey
11/12/2008, 08:51 AM
FWIW I've really enjoyed this little utility this season. I signed-up last year and no problems to date.

You get a very concise txt message to your phone when an upset or squeaker finish anywhere is brewing. You can choose your sports, but I just opted for college football.

http://areyouwatchingthis.com/my/alerts

OUHOMER
11/12/2008, 09:14 AM
I guess you have to have texting feature. I don't have texting with my at&t mobile plan.

I guess that makes me way behind the times, but I dont text, if I need to contact you, I have a phone right there in my hand. So I call :D

yermom
11/12/2008, 09:27 AM
AT&T charges way too much for it, but it's really handy

voicemail is such a pain to check comparatively

sometimes if you are in the middle of something else, or don't want everyone in the room to hear what you are talking about it works really well

or if you are in some noisy place like a football game

OUHOMER
11/12/2008, 09:33 AM
AT&T charges way too much for it, but it's really handy

voicemail is such a pain to check comparatively

sometimes if you are in the middle of something else, or don't want everyone in the room to hear what you are talking about it works really well

or if you are in some noisy place like a football game

Heh, Owen field is the only place I have problems getting service. I guess to many cell phones.:cool:

Lott's Bandana
11/12/2008, 10:08 AM
That's pretty cool. I signed up.

Be careful tho...when you confirm your email, all the boxes for the diff sports get rechecked so you'll get updates for everything if you don't re-select.

I'm confident you can likely change choices later, but if you don't pay attention you are in for a world of texts...

Boomer.....
11/12/2008, 10:14 AM
I guess you have to have texting feature. I don't have texting with my at&t mobile plan.

I guess that makes me way behind the times, but I dont text, if I need to contact you, I have a phone right there in my hand. So I call :D

You probably do have text messaging but just not a package deal. They will charge you a flat fee of $0.10 per text message sent or recieved.

Cam
11/15/2008, 07:26 PM
Heh, Owen field is the only place I have problems getting service. I guess to many cell phones.:cool:

Same here. You'd think it'd be better since ATT is one of our sponsors. They need to put an antenna on top of the press box.

stoopified
11/15/2008, 07:37 PM
Cell phone/texting/iphone?I just got touchtone. :)