PDA

View Full Version : Big Question

JLEW1818
11/12/2008, 01:37 AM
Big Question

Seen one of my best buddies girlfriends dancing with some dudes. They are on a break, but still.......... I called him and told him....... what ya'll think????

Fraggle145
11/12/2008, 01:41 AM
prolly woulda done the same.

JLEW1818
11/12/2008, 01:51 AM
yah.... I already have a girl but for his girl to do that? bull **** ... .

yermom
11/12/2008, 01:56 AM
so she can't dance with dudes on a break?

he can bang the copy girl, right?

olevetonahill
11/12/2008, 01:58 AM
What did he think ?
Break from what ?

proud gonzo
11/12/2008, 01:59 AM
uh... girls like to dance. Unless the dancing was more like vertical humping, what's the problem?

JLEW1818
11/12/2008, 02:02 AM
I agree, girls dance on breaks....... .but still as a good friend of the guy....... what do you do????

olevetonahill
11/12/2008, 02:03 AM
With out mo details who the **** Knows what we would do .

JLEW1818
11/12/2008, 02:08 AM
There was no heavy grinding..... but I felt weird seeing that, and wondered wow what if this was me???

Frozen Sooner
11/12/2008, 02:15 AM
I don't act like a gossipy tween.

LosAngelesSooner
11/12/2008, 02:19 AM
I'd tax her.

JLEW1818
11/12/2008, 02:20 AM
But if its your good friends girl.... do you say anything to her?

Frozen Sooner
11/12/2008, 02:22 AM
Nope.

Here's the thing, man, and something you'll learn as you get older:

Never insinuate yourself into your friends' relationships, particularly if they're broken up.

There is no such thing as a "break." Either they're together and monogamous or they're not.

You probably had good motivations, but if you follow the chain of events set in motion here there is nothing positive that can come of phoning your friend.

LosAngelesSooner
11/12/2008, 02:24 AM
6 But when Herod's birthday celebration was held, the daughter of Herodias danced before the guests.[e] (http://isv.scripturetext.com/matthew/14.html#_ftn5) She pleased Herod 7 so much that he promised with an oath to give her whatever she asked for. 8 Prompted by her mother, she said, “Give me, right here on a platter, the head of John the Baptist.” 9 Under pressure because of his promises and his assembled guests, the king ordered that it be done. 10 So he sent word[f] (http://isv.scripturetext.com/matthew/14.html#_ftn6) and had John beheaded in prison. 11 His head was brought on a platter and given to the girl, and she took it to her mother. 12 When John's[g] (http://isv.scripturetext.com/matthew/14.html#_ftn7) disciples came, they carried off the body and buried it. Then they went and told Jesus.[Matthew 14:6-12]

Nothing good can come of her dancing.

Harlot.[/

;dquote:D]\\

JLEW1818
11/12/2008, 02:25 AM
So basically worry about my relationship, and let the other **** happen?

Frozen Sooner
11/12/2008, 02:26 AM
Pretty much.

JLEW1818
11/12/2008, 02:31 AM
ya... It is just weird seeing that stuff tho...

proud gonzo
11/12/2008, 02:36 AM
um... I danced with other guys even while i was dating my ex. Still not seeing the problem here.

Fraggle145
11/12/2008, 02:44 AM
If she was all up on em, I'd prolly tell my buddy and that'd be it. I wouldnt talk to her about it, not your place.

Czar Soonerov
11/12/2008, 02:56 AM
um... I danced with other guys even while i was dating my ex. Still not seeing the problem here.

harlot

;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/12/2008, 03:37 AM
Is it just me or has the last 10 out of 20 post by LAS been directly from the Bible ;)

KingBarry
11/12/2008, 03:39 AM
Nope.

Here's the thing, man, and something you'll learn as you get older:

Never insinuate yourself into your friends' relationships, particularly if they're broken up.

There is no such thing as a "break." Either they're together and monogamous or they're not.

You probably had good motivations, but if you follow the chain of events set in motion here there is nothing positive that can come of phoning your friend.

I couldn't agree more with Mr. Rich. First, and probably most important, it isn't any of your business, so keep your nose out. Second, you can never know what is really going on in anybody else's relationship, no matter how good a friend they are. Third, you don't know what was going on with "the dudes," do you? Fourth, no good can come from "acting like a gossipy tween."

To add one more: Are they on a "break," whatever that is? If so, then it is none of your friend's business what she is doing. She is a human being also.

Edit: Jlew, that came out a little strong. You are one of my favorite posters, so please don't be offended. It's just that the tattle tale is a personal pet peeve of mine, and I am very against that kind of behavior, so you touched a nerve.

LosAngelesSooner
11/12/2008, 02:03 PM
harlot

;)YEAH....

:D

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2008, 02:09 PM
break? Is that like clocking out for your lunch break?

Thats something I would stay out of..Unless you saw her doing the horizontal mambo with some dude...then yeah.....Unless that dude was you...then nope

Pricetag
11/12/2008, 02:11 PM
It would hinge on how my friend had been acting. If he had been keeping to himself, giving her some space in an effort to repair their relationship, and assuming she was doing the same, then I'd pass on the info in a purely FYI manner. If he's out hitting on other women, then he's not harmed by his girlfriend doing the same.

SoonerInKCMO
11/12/2008, 02:12 PM

The problem is thus:

Girls like to dance.
Guys do not like to dance.
Guys only dance because they know girls like it and they want to see said girls nekkid.
Guys assume girls know this about guys.
Guys then assume that since girls know that only guys that want to sex 'em up will dance with them then the girls want to get sexed up by the guys they dance with.

JohnnyMack
11/12/2008, 02:13 PM
Have her over to yer place, tell her what you saw and tell her if she bangs you, you'll forget it ever happened. Report back with details.

Viking Kitten
11/12/2008, 02:18 PM
Listen to Mike Rich. Stay the hell out of it. When break is off, the girl will find out you told on her and you'll be branded a troublemaker. Your friend will see the writing on the wall and take the girlfriend's side, seeing as you don't have a vagina and she does. You'll be out a friend.

Now if your whole plan is to finish their relationship off so you can move in on her... well that's delightfully devious of you. In that case, keep us posted.

frankensooner
11/12/2008, 02:23 PM
Back in the day, I danced, heck yeah I did, even when I had girlfriends. I wasn't gettin digits, just dancing, it is fun you know. It can really put a friendship on the skids when you tell folks stuff they don't want to hear. Heck the guy she was dancing with could have been her shopping buddy if you catch my drift.

Now if she was snogging, I still wouldn't tell. ;)

Mjcpr
11/12/2008, 02:24 PM
I would plow through the whole lot of them in my car in the parking lot of the bar afterwards.

mdklatt
11/12/2008, 02:37 PM
I don't remember where I saw this, but it seems like good advice (and vaguely on topic):

If a buddy's girlfriend offers to sleep with you, tap it like a telegraph key. She's obviously going to cheat on him anyway, so why shouldn't you get something out of the deal? Then tell your friend that his girlfriend is a slut so he can dump her. Win-win!

Frozen Sooner
11/12/2008, 02:38 PM
Listen to Mike Rich. Stay the hell out of it. When break is off, the girl will find out you told on her and you'll be branded a troublemaker. Your friend will see the writing on the wall and take the girlfriend's side, seeing as you don't have a vagina and she does. You'll be out a friend.

I'm telling you, I'm a genius when it comes to everyone else's relationships.

Fraggle145
11/12/2008, 02:43 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fsvsRZhNVp4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fsvsRZhNVp4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

C&CDean
11/12/2008, 03:03 PM
They were dancing, not ****ing. Hell, I'd pay to have somebody dance with most of my girlfriends just so I didn't have to go out there and get my white man groove on.

And WTF is this "break" horsecrap anyhow? I ain't never heard of such a thing. But if this is some new modern relationship deal then all bets are off. We're on break? Cool, I'm going out ****ing. I don't see the problem, and it sure ain't none of you business either way.

Frozen Sooner
11/12/2008, 03:04 PM
They were dancing, not ****ing. Hell, I'd pay to have somebody dance with most of my girlfriends just so I didn't have to go out there and get my white man groove on.

And WTF is this "break" horsecrap anyhow? I ain't never heard of such a thing. But if this is some new modern relationship deal then all bets are off. We're on break? Cool, I'm going out ****ing. I don't see the problem, and it sure ain't none of you business either way.

Exactly.

I trace this "break" bull**** back to Friends. Before that show, everyone understood that "break" was just short for "breakup" and anything went. Then all the women in the world sided with Rachel because everyong knew that David Schwimmer was way to toolish to be tapping Jennifer Aniston anyway. **** got flipped.

leavingthezoo
11/12/2008, 03:07 PM
if you're on a "break" and have a problem with dancing, then you're not on a break and should probably clarify. if you're friends know you're on a break and can't wait to bring drama to the game, i'd question my friends intentions.

p.s. dancin' gets ya preggars. BRING THAT DIME!

soonerbrat
11/12/2008, 03:11 PM
one of my all time favorite lines..

"it's not that common, it doesn't happen to every guy and it IS A BIG DEAL"

hah.

yermom
11/12/2008, 03:13 PM
I KNEW IT!

leavingthezoo
11/12/2008, 03:13 PM
i just called fraggle a slut and a prude in just a matter of seconds. this thread is confusing. :D

Frozen Sooner
11/12/2008, 03:15 PM
I mean, holy crap people. This is a show that had two people-one with no visible means of support-sharing a huge New York apartment. One of the characters had a ****ing monkey for a pet and somehow the landlord had no problem with it.

Don't take relationship advice from Friends

Which reminds me of something...

soonerbrat
11/12/2008, 03:16 PM
I mean, holy crap people. This is a show that had two people-one with no visible means of support-sharing a huge New York apartment. One of the characters had a ****ing monkey for a pet and somehow the landlord had no problem with it.

monica inherited that apartment from her grandma.

and Ross didn't tell the landlord about his monkey. he almost got his monkey taken away when animal control found out about it.

yermom
11/12/2008, 03:24 PM

hmm...

Viking Kitten
11/12/2008, 03:32 PM
I never watched Friends. Just never understood the appeal. The only thing Friends ever did for me was serve as reminder that Seinfeld would be starting in one hour.

Ah, Seinfeld. Now that was a show where you could get some great relationship advice.

frankensooner
11/12/2008, 03:36 PM
Yes, like do the opposite of what you would normally do. Some guys around here should try that! ;)

Frozen Sooner
11/12/2008, 03:38 PM
monica inherited that apartment from her grandma.

and Ross didn't tell the landlord about his monkey. he almost got his monkey taken away when animal control found out about it.

I was talking about the apartment that Joey and Chandler shared.

Viking Kitten
11/12/2008, 03:39 PM
EXACTLY, FRANK!

And hire a lip reader to find out what your ex is saying about you at parties, and how to get rid of an unwanted fiancee, and how to be the master of your domain, and the list just goes on and on.

Frozen Sooner
11/12/2008, 03:40 PM
Technically, Seinfeld showed us how not to master your domain.

NYC Poke
11/12/2008, 03:50 PM

My entire apartment is about the size of their foosball table.

Oh, and jlew, this could make it very awkward for you at their wedding.

leavingthezoo
11/12/2008, 04:14 PM
My entire apartment is about the size of their foosball table.

Oh, and jlew, this could make it very awkward for you at their wedding.

like he's going to get invited to the wedding now. ;)

mdklatt
11/12/2008, 04:18 PM

:les: RENT CONTROL!

Besides, the WENUS apparently brings in the big $$$.

soonerbrat
11/12/2008, 04:21 PM
:les: RENT CONTROL!

Besides, the WENUS apparently brings in the big $$$.

zacly. Chandler always had the big bucks.

Beef
11/12/2008, 05:44 PM

I might go for my first ever baneing when I get home and add a pic or two to this thread.

GottaHavePride
11/12/2008, 09:40 PM
Heh.

8timechamps
11/12/2008, 09:48 PM
Seriously,
You need to try and hook up with said girl. If you're a real "friend", you will be able to offer tips afterward that could help them in the intimacy department after the "break" is over.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/13/2008, 12:34 AM
This thread got off track with all the sex, crappy TV shows, and such. Let's get back on track.

BURN THE WHORE

def_lazer_fc
11/13/2008, 12:40 AM
the dudes might have been gay. ladies like to dance. dudes do not. but gay dudes do. so they can go dance with em, don't have to worry about getting hit on and i can just be there for the fun stuff later on. boosh!

Collier11
11/13/2008, 01:28 AM
Tell him that if he cares, he shouldnt be on a break(whatever the F that is)

Fraggle145
11/13/2008, 11:50 PM
i just called fraggle a slut and a prude in just a matter of seconds. this thread is confusing. :D

LOL. :D

We were on a break. ;)

Fraggle145
11/13/2008, 11:55 PM
This thread got off track with all the sex, crappy TV shows, and such. Let's get back on track.

BURN THE WHORE

http://outcampaign.org/promo/scarletLetter.gif

Fraggle145
11/13/2008, 11:55 PM
holy **** that is big... :D

soonerbrat
11/14/2008, 09:47 AM
that's what she said?

Echoes
11/14/2008, 01:03 PM
I would have told him. I would expect my friends to do the same, so I would return the favor.