View Full Version : Gotta Give it to CBS

PalmBeachSooner1
11/11/2008, 11:40 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

I can't wait to see you all in SOBE.

:D

tigepilot
11/12/2008, 12:48 AM
Don't know how much thought they put into that. I'm sure in the scenerio that they have OU going to the title game, Texas would still be in the top 4 of the BCS which would make them an automatic at large if I remember correctly. Someone would have to take Texas and Tech would be left out.

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2008, 02:15 AM
Some pretty stupid conversation below the story. Even more morons who don't get the argument that if we beat Tech and OSU we are overall better than Texass despite losing on one particular day. I guess I should just start hoping they blow at least one more game if not 2 so they won't have any reason to whine. Best case at this point is to beat Tech, have at least one more TU loss and then beat the snot outta the sheep humping sister marrierss while also hoping that SUC and all the SEC boys blow some easy games.

And it honestly wouldn't hurt to have all the remaining undefeateds ranked below us to stumble as well so we don't have to listen to that crap again.

And while I'm wishful thinking how about in at least one of our remaining games we beat both the passing and rushing NCAA records while holding a high powered offense to under 100 total yars and in the other game set a modern day scoring record while simultaneously setting a defensive scoring record by running back about 10 interceptions and fumble recoveries for TDs! lol

The let's win the CCG by about 84-0 with records for sacks and perhaps simultaneously having one player break the single game reception record and having Bradford go about 45 for 45. Then we abandon the pass after the 3rd quarter and rush for 250 or so in one quarter with all backups!

Just screwing around, but with all the scenarios I've seen fantasized here this would beat 'em all!

PalmBeachSooner1
11/12/2008, 02:29 AM
Yeah, you certainly have to put the earlier posts to bed, but I think if we win out we play the SEC champ. Texas should have beaten the Raiders. We have two huge games ahead of ourselves and should we pull it off, we're IN WITHOUT QUESTION.

BTW, it wouldn't hurt to see KU just go ahead and put the hurting on the whorns though and put Colt's sorry *** to rest.

JLEW1818
11/12/2008, 02:35 AM
I like CBS but them like anybody has been wrong 10304303830493 times this year..

Little note

Last year they had us in it after Oregon lost, and then we lost to tech... Let's just win out... we be good... if we don't make it,.... so what??? Let's win. WE our all team.

PalmBeachSooner1
11/12/2008, 03:00 AM
wtf?

sendbaht
11/12/2008, 05:44 AM
Right on Crucifax, well put. I 2nd your whole post!

Jacie
11/12/2008, 07:21 AM
The CBS prediction about the Rose Bowl (USC vs Penn State) could come undone if Oregon State wins out.

I don't think the Sugar Bowl (Alabama vs Utah) will go for being the Mismatched Bowl two years in a row. Short memory? Last year's Georgia blowout of undefeated Hawaii. Wouldn't a one-loss Texas draw a larger crowd and television audience?

OUHOMER
11/12/2008, 07:30 AM
The CBS prediction about the Rose Bowl (USC vs Penn State) could come undone if Oregon State wins out.

I don't think the Sugar Bowl (Alabama vs Utah) will go for being the Mismatched Bowl two years in a row. Short memory? Last year's Georgia blowout of undefeated Hawaii. Wouldn't a one-loss Texas draw a larger crowd and television audience?

But they have to give the non BCS conference teams a slot in a BCS game.

swardboy
11/12/2008, 07:44 AM
Personally I'd love to see the Pirate hang half a hundred on the Bucknuts.....

cvsooner
11/12/2008, 12:04 PM
The mismatch bowl would be the Orange Bowl, I believe. The host of the MNC game has last pick on the game it gets to show...which is why we wound up against Bozo State and Hawaii wound up in the Sugar Bowl.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/12/2008, 12:42 PM
But they have to give the non BCS conference teams a slot in a BCS game.

One team only. Anything after that is at the Bowl's descretion.

snp
11/12/2008, 12:47 PM
That has CU going to a bowl - they need to win against either NU or OSU, which they will not.

OSU will lose to either Cal, Arizona, or UO.

The at large selection order is Fiesta, Sugar, Orange.

If the Fiesta loses their Big 12 champ, they get to pick a replacement team before the other at large selection. They wouldn't let Texas slip by. Sugar and Orange get to fight it out over the Big East/Non-BCS champion.

birddog
11/12/2008, 02:46 PM
Last year they had us in it after Oregon lost, and then we lost to tech... Let's just win out... we be good... if we don't make it,.... so what??? Let's win. WE our all team.

who shot who in the what now?

TMcGee86
11/12/2008, 05:08 PM
I think UF would be ranked #1 in the scenario.

Taxman71
11/12/2008, 05:30 PM
Have you noticed that it is better to lose to an unranked team than a highly-ranked team in the BCS? Pure stupidity.

Example: many voters will NEVER put OU ahead of texas b/c of the head-to-head loss as long as OU and texas are competing for a BCS bid. However, voters appear to have no problem putting Florida or USC ahead of OU because they "are just playing better" besides being beat by nobodies (including on teh gators' home field). So, why can't OU improve enough after the texas game to warrant being ranked higher than texas, fla and usc?

Come on playoff.

8timechamps
11/12/2008, 05:51 PM
That has CU going to a bowl - they need to win against either NU or OSU, which they will not.

While you are probably correct, keep in mind that the CU/Nebraska game is as big a "rivalry" as the Buffs have. This year's team is better than last year's team, and that team beat us. It would help if they were playing in Boulder, but it's in Lincoln this year. So, you just may be dead on.

8timechamps
11/12/2008, 05:52 PM
Kansas can go a long way in helping us this weekend.

BoulderSooner79
11/12/2008, 06:08 PM
Have you noticed that it is better to lose to an unranked team than a highly-ranked team in the BCS? Pure stupidity.

There is a reason for this in some cases. If we had 1 loss and had blown the KU game, we would be rated higher now. But the reason is that we would have *won* the UT game and we would have gotten more credit for winning the big game than deductions for losing in an upset. Florida is such a case because they won against LSU and UGA.

USC is a weird case because the Pac10 is so bad that Oregon st. represents an upset by an unranked team as well as the best competition the conference can offer. So they lost a big game and a little game at the same time. They get credit for beating tOSU, but everyone knows tOSU was playing very poorly at the time. tOSU is playing up to potential now and they are still not a top 10 team. The polls seem acknowledge this and USC is behind OU and TX with no chance to move up without help.

I guess I agree that it is more important for elite teams to win against their peers and allow a slip-up against an inferior foe. But you are only allowed as many slip-ups as other elite teams have. If bama and Tech win out, then the allowed slip-ups is zero.

sooners2k3
11/12/2008, 06:44 PM
is it just me or do the rest of those bcs games look absolutely terrible? i would like to see texas tech destroy ohio state, though.

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2008, 11:49 PM
It's not just you and I really think they won't fall quite like that.

Red October
11/13/2008, 12:11 AM
Even if it does work out, which would be awesome, it would suck playing Univ of Florida in Miami. UF fans have got to be classier than the bayou a$$holes, but I am having bad feeling about playing somebody in thier backyard again.

Would love to see a OU / Bama matchup in Miami.