PDA

View Full Version : Attention Oil Patch Trash...

Okla-homey
11/11/2008, 08:46 PM
Gas is $1.75 nearest mi casa today.

Can it hit $1.50 by Christmas?

yermom
11/11/2008, 08:59 PM
i can't imagine it dropping for the holidays

royalfan5
11/11/2008, 09:07 PM
In Omaha, E10 is now more expensive than regular($1.88). Typically E10 is 10 to 15 cents cheaper in Omaha. This is additionally notable given that Omaha is to Fuel Grade Ethanol as Cushing, Oklahoma is to crude oil.

yermom
11/11/2008, 09:08 PM
E10 is still lots cheaper here, like 20+ cents last i looked

royalfan5
11/11/2008, 09:15 PM
E10 is still lots cheaper here, like 20+ cents last i looked
Omaha should have the cheapest ethanol in the nation as transportation costs should be practically nil as it sits on the border of the two largest ethanol producing states, and serves as the main hub for trading and distributing ethanol throughout the nation. When regular gas is cheaper it is an interesting signal.

picasso
11/12/2008, 01:29 PM
oil patch business has slowed a bit up here in God's country but it's still buzzin.

OKLA21FAN
11/12/2008, 01:43 PM
and in other related news

Booger Pickens puts wind farms on hold

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/111308dnbuspickens.ae1b50.html

T. Boone Pickens puts Texas wind farm project on hold

10:47 AM CST on Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Associated Press

Falling energy prices have forced billionaire oilman and investor T. Boone Pickens to trim spending on his renewable energy campaign and put his West Texas wind farm project on hold.

When Pickens launched his plan this summer to boost the use of wind and natural gas to ease American dependence on foreign oil, gasoline prices were at a record $4.11 a gallon and oil prices were at $147 a barrel.

Now oil prices are at a 20-month low, falling to $59.33 a barrel on Tuesday, and gasoline prices have plummeted to below $2 a gallon in many parts of the country.

"I think I've done a pretty good job," he said, generating a laugh at the annual Edison Electric Institute convention of the nation's power executives.

Pickens, an Oklahoma native, acknowledged later at a news conference that there is more than one factor for the collapse of oil prices, including the slowing economy that many analysts say has gone into a recession.

Now with oil prices down, Pickens has said he has reduced what he planned to spend on his campaign – trimming spending to $40 million to $50 million from his initial plan of about $60 million.

He also said the collapse in natural gas prices has forced him to put his wind farm project for Texas on hold.

Pickens has leased hundreds of thousands of acres for a giant wind farm in West Texas, where he plans to erect 2,700 turbines and produce energy for urban areas such as Dallas and Fort Worth.

Historically, there is much less talk about turning to renewables when energy prices get low.

But Pickens said not to worry, oil prices will be heading back up and soon.

"I don't see any lower than it is today," he said.

He said that oil will be back to $100 a barrel within a year and that all other commodities will jump back up as well – making his plan more viable.

"Oil is not going to save us," he said of plans to increase drilling in the U.S.

Pickens' plan focuses on using natural gas as a transportation fuel and then counting on wind and solar to take the place of natural gas as a source to generate electricity. Natural gas currently generates about 20 percent of the electricity in the U.S.

He also touted coal, solar and nuclear power to help generate more energy and then for a transmission system that will bring the power generated by wind from the Midwest to other parts of the country.

He said if his plan is implemented, oil imports can drop 30 percent to 40 percent within three to five years.

"I see myself very much as a pioneer," he said. "I understand the problem and realize something has to be done."

Like other investors, Pickens has been hit hard by the collapse of stock prices. He said his hedge fund is down 62 percent since July.

OUDoc
11/12/2008, 01:51 PM
Apparently India and China decided they don't need as much gas as they once thought. :rolleyes:

IB4OU2
11/12/2008, 01:54 PM
I'm saving about $250 a month on my commute now.

kbsooner21
11/12/2008, 01:55 PM
I'm saving about $250 a month on my commute now.

Don't spend it all on booze and hoors :D

Frozen Sooner
11/12/2008, 02:37 PM
Still $2.99 at the Tesoro on the New Seward Highway on the way to work.

Bastards. We make the damn stuff and pay more for it than anyone in the country.

OUDoc
11/12/2008, 02:40 PM
But they pay you back.

Oklahomans don't get cheaper natural gas, do we?

frankensooner
11/12/2008, 02:44 PM
I don't think 1TC or Mongo post here much anymore.

soonerboomer93
11/12/2008, 02:50 PM
found out yesterday that a project is now under reconsideration :mad:

Frozen Sooner
11/12/2008, 02:54 PM
But they pay you back.

Oklahomans don't get cheaper natural gas, do we?

We make that, too.

OKLA21FAN
11/12/2008, 02:58 PM
Still $2.99 at the Tesoro on the New Seward Highway on the way to work.

Bastards. We make the damn stuff and pay more for it than anyone in the country.
yea, but when you can see Russia from your back yard, you gotta think that their is a cost associated with that. Its a national security dealio. :pop:

and I am not going to mention the wild animal thingy

frankensooner
11/12/2008, 03:01 PM
That $1,800.00 check you get for living there will offset the fuel cost a little. ;)

Frozen Sooner
11/12/2008, 03:03 PM
Hey, I don't mind paying a little more than people in Oklahoma for gas.

It's when we're paying more than people in Hawai'i that I get a little ticked.

soonerboomer93
11/12/2008, 03:44 PM
that's yer ANWR tax

OUDoc
11/12/2008, 03:50 PM
Move back to the United States, Hoser. :)

mdklatt
11/12/2008, 04:15 PM
I make that, too.

That's why you were were permabaned from the chili Tailgates.

mdklatt
11/12/2008, 04:16 PM
I don't think 1TC or Mongo post here much anymore.

I heard through the grapevine that they finally declared their undying love for each other and moved to Massachusetts to get married. Mongo's wife was hella pissed.

IB4OU2
11/12/2008, 04:24 PM
Don't spend it all on booze and hoors :D

Too late. :O

OklahomaTuba
11/12/2008, 05:34 PM
Oil is still 5-6 times what it was 10 years ago. Can't say that for the DOW or NASDAQ.

I hope this isn't beginning of a deflationary period. That's some scary shiat right there.

Ike
11/12/2008, 09:52 PM
Oil is still 5-6 times what it was 10 years ago. Can't say that for the DOW or NASDAQ.

I hope this isn't beginning of a deflationary period. That's some scary shiat right there.

4 times what it used to be 10 years ago (at the close of the NYMEX today)...and falling. At least according to the DOE. http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/crude2.html

This may well be the start of a deflationary period. I don't know if there's anything anyone can do about that...sadly.

tommieharris91
11/12/2008, 09:54 PM
4 times what it used to be 10 years ago (at the close of the NYMEX today)...and falling. At least according to the DOE. http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/crude2.html

This may well be the start of a deflationary period. I don't know if there's anything anyone can do about that...sadly.

Simple, go to your local Federal Reserve Bank and ask them for money.