PDA

View Full Version : Obama has no pull with bcs.

adoniijahsooner
11/11/2008, 08:42 PM
The BCS prez is not impressed with Obama's playoff plan.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3697109

PalmBeachSooner1
11/11/2008, 08:53 PM
Wait until the BCS prez gets audited.

badger
11/11/2008, 09:06 PM
President >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BCS whatchamacalit

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/11/2008, 09:45 PM
Wait until the BCS prez gets audited.Perennially

Civicus_Sooner
11/11/2008, 09:49 PM
I have a feeling this is the first of many ideas by Barrack that people don't like.

salth2o
11/11/2008, 10:01 PM
I have a feeling this is the first of many ideas by Barrack that people don't like.

***Understatement of the year!!!***

Leroy Lizard
11/11/2008, 10:19 PM
I didn't give a care what George W. thought about college playoffs, and I certainly don't care what that jackass thinks.

tommieharris91
11/11/2008, 10:47 PM
CHANGE!!!!!

Sooner1979
11/11/2008, 11:00 PM
It seems to me that Barach Hussein Obama needs to focus on keeping his damn mouth shut during confidential meetings with the current president and quit disrespecting him if he wants to earn the people's trust...He hasn't even been inaugurated and he is already showing his inability to respect someone in power...I can't speak for anybody else, but BHO's slip of the tongue about the PRIVATE meeting he had with GWB on economical issues is showing just how immature this SOB is...More than once during his campaign, he would scratch his eyebrow with his middle finger when talking about John McCain during his many campaign stops...I remember doing this in 5th grade, but can't imagine running for President and think this is funny, clever, immaginative or even mature...

Now on his first confidential meeting with an elected official as President Elect, he can't even keep from releasing info to the general public...What is this guy thinking?

Oh and by the way, he should be more worried about a Nuclear Iran or maybe this thing we call an economy and not the BCS...

Sooner02
11/11/2008, 11:40 PM
Wow, bitter Oklahoma voters? How does it feel to be in the minority?

He was asked a question on ESPN about sports and he said he wanted a playoff. I'm sure he's not being kept awake at night with the BCS. All these rantings about a man just elected the 44th President by a 53% majority come across as childish and whiny.

Leroy Lizard
11/11/2008, 11:48 PM
deleted

Don't want to get sucked into a political debate. This is a football forum.

PalmBeachSooner1
11/11/2008, 11:49 PM
Why the attack on "Oklahoma" voters?

jdsooner
11/11/2008, 11:50 PM
I would think that Obama's opinion is supported by the majority of American college football fans, so what's the big deal?

Hey wait! The majority of Americans also supported Obama! Get over it!

KC//CRIMSON
11/12/2008, 12:02 AM

When is your Manager/Nostradamus coming back to the board to eat his crow and pay off his bets?

PDXsooner
11/12/2008, 12:45 AM
It seems to me that Barach Hussein Obama needs to focus on keeping his damn mouth shut during confidential meetings with the current president and quit disrespecting him if he wants to earn the people's trust...He hasn't even been inaugurated and he is already showing his inability to respect someone in power...I can't speak for anybody else, but BHO's slip of the tongue about the PRIVATE meeting he had with GWB on economical issues is showing just how immature this SOB is...More than once during his campaign, he would scratch his eyebrow with his middle finger when talking about John McCain during his many campaign stops...I remember doing this in 5th grade, but can't imagine running for President and think this is funny, clever, immaginative or even mature...

Now on his first confidential meeting with an elected official as President Elect, he can't even keep from releasing info to the general public...What is this guy thinking?

Oh and by the way, he should be more worried about a Nuclear Iran or maybe this thing we call an economy and not the BCS...

life is harder and more frustrating for people like you.

Sooner1979
11/12/2008, 12:53 AM
life is harder and more frustrating for people like you.

Yep, having all the answers is very tough for people like me...It must be nice to be a simpleton like yourself where all you have to do is trust that everyone else is smarter than you and you never have to actually think for yourself…

PDXsooner
11/12/2008, 12:56 AM
Yep, having all the answers to the worlds problems is very tough for me...It must be nice to be a simpleton like yourself where all you have to do is trust that everyone else is smarter than you and you never have to actually think for yourself…

ha ha ha, good comeback. you don't sound very smart, but i'm sure you're a nice guy. and i'll bet your mom loves you.

Rhino
11/12/2008, 01:01 AM
Less politics. More football.

Save your political B.S. for the South Oval.

Sooner1979
11/12/2008, 01:06 AM
ha ha ha, good comeback. you don't sound very smart, but i'm sure you're a nice guy. and i'll bet your mom loves you.

How can you know how I sound when what you are actually doing is called READING? It is a start, I am sure your parents are proud of you...

BoulderSooner79
11/12/2008, 02:34 AM
Did Obama and Bush have a secret meeting about the BCS ? Does Iran have a team that made the top 25 ? But they are using nukes as performance enhancements, so they are being slapped with NCAA sanctions? I'm soooo confused. Football used to be so simple. Sigh.

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2008, 03:04 AM
I personally don't give a **** about anyone's politics. Simple fact is that some guy with a bit of power agrees with exactly 50% of the posters here on a playoff. He disagrees with the other 50%.

So what? Let's try to discuss the actual issue of whether the season IS a playoff or if the season produces situations that DEMAND a playoff and once we reach a consensus let's either agree or disagree with some guy with power who may or may not have sway with the powers that be in the BCS/NCAA.

Either way, I'm sure the political side of things is addressed at length in the South Oval which is a part of this site I avoid because I really don't wanna argue with any of my fellow Sooners and when I do I want it to be about Football or athletics in general.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/12/2008, 09:31 AM
Wait until the BCS prez gets audited.

Wanna bet Pelosi tries to legislate it.

reddfoxx
11/12/2008, 09:37 AM
The Messiah has spoken. Now it shall come to pass.

sarcasm off

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/12/2008, 10:19 AM
Wow, bitter Oklahoma voters? How does it feel to be in the minority?

He was asked a question on ESPN about sports and he said he wanted a playoff. I'm sure he's not being kept awake at night with the BCS. All these rantings about a man just elected the 44th President by a 53% majority come across as childish and whiny.

Whay are you picking on the people who actually give a damn about this country?

adoniijahsooner
11/12/2008, 11:25 AM
the most troubling part to me was the idea of a group of overpaid school presidents deciding what is best for college football.At least when Obama makes a decision, it has to go through a few people in order to get approved. I personally hate the last half of every college football season, just based off of the politics and subjective opinions of a few in the media. What is ironic, is that Mr. Obama doesnt like a system that is similar to what got him elected. the Big Ten could be subbed for the republican party, and msnbc, could be a type of espn, constantly singing the praises of the sec, no matter what happens on the field. I'm an independent, and I want a playoff, so that I really can enjoy my college football season, because that way, if we are left out at least it happened on the field, and not because Herbstreit, Corso, or that damn Mark May decided it.

PDXsooner
11/12/2008, 02:25 PM
How can you know how I sound when what you are actually doing is called READING? It is a start, I am sure your parents are proud of you...

your mom's proud of me, too!

meoveryouxinfinity
11/12/2008, 02:28 PM

RACIST!!@!@ INSENSITIVE!!!! YOU SAID HIS MIDDLE NAME!!!!!!!

Frozen Sooner
11/12/2008, 02:31 PM
This thread is being closed due to extremely excessive idiocy.