PDA

View Full Version : I drove though Stillwater the other day...

SoonersEnFuego
11/11/2008, 04:46 PM
Got to a stoplight next to a truck pulling a trailer that contained a riding lawn mower.
Didn't say or do anything. Light turns green, we pull out, i'm going faster because i'm not pulling a trailer, he sees my OU hitch cover and HITS THE GAS LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL. I needed to get over to get on the turnpike so i gunned it and got over. I get in the exit lane for 412 and he comes up beside me and flips me off. So I showed him my OU Sooner hat that was on my head and he takes off.

I don't remember anyone in Norman getting that kind of treatment for having oSu stuff on their car, but it happens to me every freaking time i go through there...especially when i have my OU Flags flying on my vehicle. Had one guy drive along side me without looking, with his finger flying high the whole drive along hall of fame.

Silly Pokes.

proud gonzo
11/11/2008, 05:01 PM
I met a friend there for breakfast a month or so ago.... She said there was a nice little place for breakfast just off main street. She said it was "super cute".

It was not super cute. It was not even slightly cute. Everything was orange. The tables were orange. The booths were orange. The menus were orange. The lampshades were orange. All the people in the whole place were all wearing solid orange.

It was just so wrong.

yermom
11/11/2008, 05:04 PM
if you were there for breakfast and didn't go to Shortcakes you were doing it wrong

(unless they have decked the whole place out in orange since i was there)

Paperclip
11/11/2008, 05:05 PM
Sounds like a good place for orange juice.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/11/2008, 05:22 PM
I got that before in Stillwater. The best thing about not being in Pride anymoer is you never have to go to that f***ing hell hole!

proud gonzo
11/11/2008, 05:23 PM
if you were there for breakfast and didn't go to Shortcakes you were doing it wrong

(unless they have decked the whole place out in orange since i was there)
that's where we were. IT WAS ALL ORANGE.

yermom
11/11/2008, 05:24 PM
wow.

IB4OU2
11/11/2008, 05:49 PM
Welcome to my world....:(

Iv'e worked in this town for the last 15 years, driving a red Jeep Commander with OU tags. No major problems other than the occasional one fingered salute. This year they've felt somewhat more empowered.... until the last few weeks or so. :D

IB4OU2
11/11/2008, 05:51 PM
I met a friend there for breakfast a month or so ago.... She said there was a nice little place for breakfast just off main street. She said it was "super cute".

It was not super cute. It was not even slightly cute. Everything was orange. The tables were orange. The booths were orange. The menus were orange. The lampshades were orange. All the people in the whole place were all wearing solid orange.

It was just so wrong.

I've never set foot in the place...of course "Big Aggies" was just down the road.

soonerhubs
11/11/2008, 06:10 PM
Welcome to my world....:(

Iv'e worked in this town for the last 15 years, driving a red Jeep Commander with OU tags. No major problems other than the occasional one fingered salute. This year they've felt somewhat more empowered.... until the last few weeks or so. :D

Feeling your pain. Of course, my OU sticker hasn't drawn as much ire as I anticipated in student parking.

Mixer!
11/11/2008, 06:57 PM
Yeah, Shortcakes just underwent a remodel. Should've gone to Mom's down on south main, PG. The food's better anyway.

SoonerStormchaser
11/11/2008, 08:16 PM
This thread needs to go into Dean's confessional.

soonerhubs
11/11/2008, 08:41 PM
Yeah, Shortcakes just underwent a remodel. Should've gone to Mom's down on south main, PG. The food's better anyway.

A classmate of mine used to work at Mom's. I really need to get down there to try it out.

proud gonzo
11/11/2008, 08:45 PM
Yeah, Shortcakes just underwent a remodel. Should've gone to Mom's down on south main, PG. The food's better anyway. if it'd been MY choice I would have picked somewhere, i dunno, NOT in Stillwater. :rolleyes:

Mixer!
11/11/2008, 08:55 PM
That's right, because EVERYONE in STOOLWATER must LOVE the orange, and the SUBSTANDARD fare it offers. :mad:

KingBarry
11/12/2008, 04:20 AM
Got to a stoplight next to a truck pulling a trailer that contained a riding lawn mower.
Didn't say or do anything. Light turns green, we pull out, i'm going faster because i'm not pulling a trailer, he sees my OU hitch cover and HITS THE GAS LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL. I needed to get over to get on the turnpike so i gunned it and got over. I get in the exit lane for 412 and he comes up beside me and flips me off. So I showed him my OU Sooner hat that was on my head and he takes off.

I don't remember anyone in Norman getting that kind of treatment for having oSu stuff on their car, but it happens to me every freaking time i go through there...especially when i have my OU Flags flying on my vehicle. Had one guy drive along side me without looking, with his finger flying high the whole drive along hall of fame.

Silly Pokes.

OK, Senor EnFuego, you are saying you put up big obnoxious OU flags on your OU car, and drive through STILLWATER, OK; and are surprised/offended when someone makes you feel unwelcome?

I am not saying you are in the wrong. I do the same thing every time I go through Stillwater -- which is about once a decade now a days -- but I certainly when I provoke a response.

In fact, provoking a response is what it is all about.

Fraggle145
11/12/2008, 05:10 AM
http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/political-pictures-george-bush-civil-disobedience-dog.jpg

yermom
11/12/2008, 08:49 AM
That's right, because EVERYONE in STOOLWATER must LOVE the orange, and the SUBSTANDARD fare it offers. :mad:

it's not the rational minority we are worried about ;)

SoonerJack
11/12/2008, 11:30 AM
A classmate of mine used to work at Mom's. I really need to get down there to try it out.

My in-laws used to live in Stillwater and we would always go to breakfast at Mom's. Good stuff. Go early if you want to order a cinnamon roll. They run out fast.

OU4LIFE
11/12/2008, 12:05 PM
having lived/worked here for the past 15 years +, I drive here regularly, with a nice OU sticker on my back window, and can honestly say, I've never gotten the finger over it.

just saying

IB4OU2
11/12/2008, 01:51 PM
having lived/worked here for the past 15 years +, I drive here regularly, with a nice OU sticker on my back window, and can honestly say, I've never gotten the finger over it.

just saying

Buddy they're afraid of you.

SoonersEnFuego
11/14/2008, 06:06 PM
OK, Senor EnFuego, you are saying you put up big obnoxious OU flags on your OU car, and drive through STILLWATER, OK; and are surprised/offended when someone makes you feel unwelcome?

I am not saying you are in the wrong. I do the same thing every time I go through Stillwater -- which is about once a decade now a days -- but I certainly when I provoke a response.

In fact, provoking a response is what it is all about.
Yeah, when I put the flags on, I wanted a response. This last time, I didn't have to do anything.

stoopified
11/14/2008, 07:26 PM
Jealousy rears its ugly head in Stoolwater,big surprise. :D:D:D

Chuck Bao
11/14/2008, 07:31 PM
I've never been to Stillwater, Oklahoma.

What did I miss?

Fraggle145
11/14/2008, 08:01 PM
I've never been to Stillwater, Oklahoma.

What did I miss?

The smell of pig **** permeating the air.

OU4LIFE
11/17/2008, 09:19 AM
Stillwater, the fastest growing city in Oklahoma.

Fellas, hate on the University sports there all you want, I'm with you....but it's a great community. Granted, it doesn't have the crime rate of an Edmond or OKC, but it's got a lot going for it.

except for the Wal-Mart being decorated like it's halloween all year long...

BudSooner
11/17/2008, 11:12 AM
My sister and her hubby are talking about moving there, he got downsized at Hertz and has not had any luck finding work around OKC.

Sooner_Bob
11/17/2008, 01:46 PM
Someone tried to pry my OU tag off the front of my truck when we lived up there . . . and my wife and daughters got flipped off a time or two when they were driving it.

Of course the few OU fans that are up there usually honk and wave at cars with OU tags, stickers, etc.

OU4LIFE
11/17/2008, 01:56 PM
there are more than 500 alumni that live in the Stillwater area.

just saying.

BudSooner
11/17/2008, 02:07 PM
Forgot to add, my sis was born in Waco and considers herself a native :texan:
Heh!

slamdog
11/18/2008, 03:14 AM
I'm sure this won't do much for my popularity, but here goes anyway...

Lifelong Sooner fan, graduated from State in 05 (I know). Anyway, I had a summer class with half of the football team. We get out of class one afternoon and I'm driving along HOF and catch a red. I stopped, had enough time to check the rear view and brace myself for the impact. The driver? Back up QB (name fails me). We step out of our vehicles, and I pull the out the OU hat that was constantly on my dash and ask him if that's the reason he chose not to apply the brakes. We laughed about it in the middle of the intersection until the five-oh's came to do the paperwork.

Spent three years there wearing OU gear without a single real incident. In fact, I wore a Georgia Tech hat to class leading up to, and after, the Final Four loss in 04...no one said a word.

SoonersEnFuego
11/18/2008, 10:11 AM
My sister and her hubby are talking about moving there, he got downsized at Hertz and has not had any luck finding work around OKC.
Bartlesville's a fine town. Much better than Stillwater.

OU4LIFE
11/18/2008, 10:14 AM
opinions vary.

I vote Bartlesville a worse town, simply based on it's distance from Norman.

soonerhubs
11/18/2008, 10:29 AM
Well, Gum Springs owns every town in this state, so Suck it! ;)