PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Heisman Watch - November 11

Ardmore_Sooner
11/11/2008, 11:48 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/index

The Maestro
11/11/2008, 11:53 AM
If we have learned anything we know it is all about the flavor of the day. Right now, Graham Harrell has it. He stole it from Colt who doesn't hardly get mentioned now. If OU and Bradford handle Texas Tech and Sam has a big day...he will vault to the top.

My Opinion Matters
11/11/2008, 11:57 AM
Yeah, if Sam takes care of business the next two games and even has average games statistically by his standards he'll likely win it.

It's strange, I really couldn't care less about the Heisman though.

OKC-SLC
11/11/2008, 12:00 PM
If we have learned anything we know it is all about the flavor of the day. Right now, Graham Harrell has it. He stole it from Colt who doesn't hardly get mentioned now. If OU and Bradford handle Texas Tech and Sam has a big day...he will vault to the top.

flavor of the day is exactly right.

i'm not old, but i'm old enough to remember when players played and the Heisman was awarded at the end of the season. this publicity/media show is ridiculous.

The Maestro
11/11/2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah, if Sam takes care of business the next two games and even has average games statistically by his standards he'll likely win it.

It's strange, I really couldn't care less about the Heisman though.

I just figure it is a good recruiting tool to have players as Heisman finalists as much as we do...Josh, Jason, AD and now Sam. Can't hurt when sitting in Johnny Fivestar's living room.

My Opinion Matters
11/11/2008, 12:05 PM
I just figure it is a good recruiting tool to have players as Heisman finalists as much as we do...Josh, Jason, AD and now Sam. Can't hurt when sitting in Johnny Fivestar's living room.

Oh, I agree that its an incomparable recruiting tool, and I would certainly be filled with pride should Sam win it. I've just become disillusioned with the Heisman process. It's become too much like a political campaign.

JLEW1818
11/11/2008, 12:07 PM
Losing first is really starting to help if we beat tech. I was thinking about the 2000 Florida State team today, when they lost to Miami, and Miami lost later.

sooner518
11/11/2008, 12:08 PM
Sam's rushing TDs are ignored again. Sam has more TDs and 500 less yards than Harrell on 130 less attempts and this ******nozzle says his stats aren't as impressive as Harrell's. Man I can't wait to beat the hell outta the sand aggies

Boomer.....
11/11/2008, 12:10 PM
At least Sam is recieving 2 first place votes.

The Maestro
11/11/2008, 12:14 PM
Sam's rushing TDs are ignored again. Sam has more TDs and 500 less yards than Harrell on 130 less attempts and this ******nozzle says his stats aren't as impressive as Harrell's. Man I can't wait to beat the hell outta the sand aggies

Yeah, let's see what Harrell's stats would be if he had two backs with over 750 yards rushing and rarely played in the 4th quarter. While Sam was chugging Gatorade against Nebraska, Harrell was in the fight of his life to beat those almighty Huskers.

JLEW1818
11/11/2008, 12:16 PM
guys guys, remember its just a trophy .......

Crystal is better!!!!

SbOrOiNaEnR
11/11/2008, 12:23 PM
I have yet to understand Rodney Gilmore's logic whatsoever. Missouri has been a non-factor throughout most of the deeper part of the season, and now all of a sudden Maclin's #5, replacing Tebow? To me, that makes no sense, especially given how the Heisman process actually works.

HeismanPundit (http://heismanpundit.com/) is the way to go. Analysis that's second to none, from a guy who's actually been on the SID side of a Heisman campaign. If you read his archives, he's pretty much spot-on.

JLEW1818
11/11/2008, 12:24 PM
A WR to win the Heisman is a joke. Only blue moons.

SbOrOiNaEnR
11/11/2008, 12:28 PM
A WR to win the Heisman is a joke. Only blue moons.

Exactly. And especially with Crabtree. There's no denying he's the best wideout in the country, but who's the guy getting the ball to him all the time, putting it where only Crabtree can get it? You can have some of the best WRs in the league (see also: Dallas Cowboys), but if you don't have a capable QB, $hit's not going to get done. Crabtree's a skill player, not a field general, and wouldn't be in the position he's in without Harrell.