PDA

View Full Version : Never say I never gave ya nothin'...

bri
11/11/2008, 11:21 AM
For all of you who love to rail against the East Coast Media Bias and those filthy sports writers...merry Christmas (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?page=notebook/onthemark1110&campaign=rss&source=NCFHeadlines).

Utah is the only team from a non-BCS league with an argument to claim a BCS berth. The Utes won at Air Force 30-23 and beat Oregon State, which upset then-No. 1 Southern California 27-21 on Sept. 25. Utah plays at hapless San Diego State on Saturday and closes the regular season at home against No. 17 BYU on Nov. 22.

Victories over Oregon State, TCU and BYU would be enough to justify the Utes getting a chance to hand Oklahoma another postseason loss.

The Maestro
11/11/2008, 11:25 AM
That's actualy funny stuff.

I have never bought into the East Coast bias against anyone. I just think not everyone is a good writer or well educated at what they are writing about.

I would put this article in that mix. Hey, he's a nobody at espn.com. Gotta get some attention and this is his way of trying.

badger
11/11/2008, 11:27 AM
:P Durrr, but da Utes are in the west and Oklahoma is further east than the Utes, so how can that show east coast bias, durrrrrrr :P

;)

fadada1
i feel like i just got a bag of coal and sticks.

bri
Just wait until the angry mob realizes that he left Sam out of his "precision passers" again, didn't give any credit to our run game for racking up mad yardage, and just all-around shut the Sooners out of his article except for the above-mentioned quote and yet ANOTHER Boise State Fiesta Bowl reference. They'll go ape****. :D

The Maestro
11/11/2008, 11:30 AM
Just wait until the angry mob realizes that he left Sam out of his "precision passers" again, didn't give any credit to our run game for racking up mad yardage, and just all-around shut the Sooners out of his article except for the above-mentioned quote and yet ANOTHER Boise State Fiesta Bowl reference. They'll go ape****. :D

You got that right. The OKIES will be out soon...

toast
11/11/2008, 03:38 PM
another good one from Pat Forde (who graduated from two loss Missouri):

Underachiever: Oklahoma, for the moment. The Sooners were picked to win the South but currently are a game behind the Red Raiders and lose the tiebreaker with co-second-place team Texas.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&page=dash0811&sportCat=ncf

Hot Rod
11/11/2008, 03:52 PM
They couldn't figure out that we destroyed that same TCU team and also a Washington team who BYU had problems with? :rolleyes:

rainiersooner
11/11/2008, 06:09 PM

Underachiever: Oklahoma, for the moment. The Sooners were picked to win the South but currently are a game behind the Red Raiders and lose the tiebreaker with co-second-place team Texas.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&page=dash0811&sportCat=ncf

Interesting statistic in that article about the last 5 BCS final participants have been from the Big XII or SEC...I went and looked it up...in fact 8 of the last 10 BCS final participants have been from these conferences.

Statalyzer
11/11/2008, 06:13 PM
yet ANOTHER Boise State Fiesta Bowl reference.

Maybe it was also a West Virginia reference.

madillsoonerfan5353
11/11/2008, 06:32 PM

:gary:

bri
11/11/2008, 07:26 PM
Maybe it was also a West Virginia reference.

Boise State became the poster child for teams from non-BCS leagues when it upset Oklahoma 43-42 in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl, finishing the 2006 season with a perfect 13-0 record.

Hmmm, no, unless he misspelled "West Virginia", I'm gonna stick with it being a Boise State reference.