PDA

View Full Version : Pete really understands what will happen....

IronHorseSooner
11/11/2008, 09:58 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/8773944/One-loss-teams-biggest-beneficiary-in-BCS

Forget the talking heads, most people who I've spoken to at work, church, or my neighbors down here in FLA agree with Pete's scenario here...Remember, when UT was at #5, they jumped them to #1. When Tech beat UT, they jumped them from #7 to #2. Logically, beating Tech would likely keep this trend. Actually, I haven't heard that logic from any of the talking heads, which means that I believe that is what will happen:gary:

BoonesFarmSooner
11/11/2008, 10:01 AM
Good Stuff!!!

The Maestro
11/11/2008, 10:13 AM
Yeah, he aligns right with what my theory was that Texas is pretty much screwed and if they win out and OU or TT wins the Big 12 title, they are Fiesta bound.

I still think people are overlooking Oregon State winning out. A lot of schools missed on that running back and he just keeps going off. Their win at UCLA last week and by the margin it was made a statement. If they can win at Arizona they should be fine to win out and go to the Rose, sending USC to the Fiesta to face Texas. But seeing the horns have to face Utah in a BCS game while OU plays for it all would really crack me up.

OUmillenium
11/11/2008, 10:51 AM
Watching the OSU Beavs v the USuC game was so much fun. Stayed up late on a Thursday night and it was worth it! That running back was great and gave a nice interview after the game. Little guy that got out of the state of Texas and is tearin up the PAC10.

OUHOMER
11/11/2008, 11:28 AM
We have everything line up for the MNC for a one loss team. All we have to do is win out. And if tx is just ahead of us pray they lose the Big12 champ game

sooner518
11/11/2008, 11:37 AM
I hate Fiutak but he's got it right this time.

and can I just say how hilarious it will be if Taco Tech's only loss comes to us and they wind up in the Cotton Bowl. Oh I will find great humor in that

o0Dan0o
11/11/2008, 11:47 AM
The question now for Texas is can they make a bid for the NC without winning the Big 12 title game. If OU beats Tech but losses to OSU than Texas will be ranked above tech but won't be the big 12 champ. Hard to say what voters will do in that case.

The important bit is winning out will likely send us to the Big 12 title game, and winning that to the NC. Just need to win, and preferably win big! Texas helped us out by only beating OSU by 4.
Dan

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/11/2008, 11:55 AM
It would thrill me to see tx vs either suc or Utah/BYU/Boise St. in the Fiesta Bowl.

soonervegas
11/11/2008, 12:00 PM
This won't happen without the media talking heads doing its best to protest. There are many analysts out there framing this argument as OU vs. Texas when the agrument is actually OU vs. Texas. vs. Tech. Facts be damned.....

I was 90% sure this scenario would play out if we win out. I am down to 50/50 on my confidence as far as OU ending up in the NC game by winning out.

The Maestro
11/11/2008, 12:07 PM
This won't happen without the media talking heads doing its best to protest. There are many analysts out there framing this argument as OU vs. Texas when the agrument is actually OU vs. Texas. vs. Tech. Facts be damned.....

I was 90% sure this scenario would play out if we win out. I am down to 50/50 on my confidence as far as OU ending up in the NC game by winning out.

That's actually a good point and the talking heads will talk themselves in circles on this one. Let's say we roll Tech and somehow pound OSU in Stillwater. That is our best bet. But people will always defer back to the "but Texas beat OU!" without any regard for the fact we beat Tech and Tech beat Texas.

JLEW1818
11/11/2008, 12:10 PM
I gave my formula for this !!!

Jacie
11/11/2008, 08:00 PM
Over on hornfans.com their logic for Texas to advance in the 3-way tie scenario is that OU's one loss on a neutral field and one win at home, coupled with tech's one win at home and one loss away is not as good as Texas' one win on a neutral field and one loss away.

Got that?