PDA

View Full Version : Best commercial ice cream available

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/10/2008, 10:56 PM
I vote for Blue Bell's Century Sundae! It's like a very good hot fudge sundae, but nothing's hot.

A Sooner in Texas
11/10/2008, 11:08 PM
That sounds awesome. Have you tried Haagen Daz Private Reserve Amazonian Chocolate? It's so intense my 15-year-old won't touch it. More for me! :)

Jimminy Crimson
11/10/2008, 11:14 PM
This should be a pole!!!

Viking Kitten
11/10/2008, 11:16 PM
Blue Bell ice cream doesn't usually excite me much, although I like their Birthday Cake flavor.

This Amazonian Chocolate you speak of sounds... intriguing.

Veritas
11/10/2008, 11:17 PM
Blue Bell. Anything from Blue Bell.

bri
11/10/2008, 11:19 PM
Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie is deelish, plus by eating it I support hippies in their war against America. :D

Jimminy Crimson
11/10/2008, 11:26 PM
Does Maggie Moo's count as 'commercial ice cream'? If so, that's my vote. Especially Chocolate Better Batter.

A Sooner in Texas
11/10/2008, 11:29 PM
Blue Bell ice cream doesn't usually excite me much, although I like their Birthday Cake flavor.

This Amazonian Chocolate you speak of sounds... intriguing.

It's chocolate crack. And as soon as I get home, I'm gettin' my pint out and diggin' in. :)

Viking Kitten
11/10/2008, 11:41 PM
Does Maggie Moo's count as 'commercial ice cream'? If so, that's my vote. Especially Chocolate Better Batter.

From there it's gotta be coffee flavor with the semi-sweet chocolate chunks mixed in. OMG. Heaven.

yermom
11/10/2008, 11:43 PM
Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie is deelish, plus by eating it I support hippies in their war against America. :D

just about anything Ben and Jerry is awesome

Rogue
11/10/2008, 11:43 PM
I'm with VK on the coffee ice cream.

Me...I have a hankerin' for some Braum's Butter Brickly.

KC//CRIMSON
11/11/2008, 12:47 AM
Tie: Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Buns & Starbuck's Coffee Almond Fudge

Fraggle145
11/11/2008, 01:50 AM
just about anything Ben and Jerry is awesome

True. I've never been disappointed with Braum's. Who knew cows from Tuttle could make such a tasty product.

I think it is way better than blue bell. And you can buy it and take it home.

proud gonzo
11/11/2008, 02:13 AM
Breyers vanilla...with vanilla bean specks

olevetonahill
11/11/2008, 02:55 AM
No Blue Balls fer Me :eek:

KingBarry
11/11/2008, 04:50 AM
Blue Bell without a doubt. We don't get it here in the east, and the only ice cream i can tolerate is Haagen Daaz (sp?).

Blue Bell homemade vanilla is the shiznit.

Can't stand Ben and Jerry's flat, flavorless ice cream experience. But, I don't think buying their ice cream funds their war on America. I believe they sold out to some corporate behemoth years ago. Yeah, I just checked it. Ben and Jerry's is owned by "Unilever." Never heard of them.

Oh, now, if we are discussing commercial ice cream PRODUCTS, I have to go with Border's bookstores' coffe milk shake. It's called a "JavaKula" or something like that, but it totally ROCKS. Like the Sooners, it's so good.

yermom
11/11/2008, 09:45 AM
i'm sure how someone could talk about Ben and Jerry's and Blue Bell, use "flat and flavorless" and not be talking about Blue Bell

Half a Hundred
11/11/2008, 09:53 AM
Blue Bell's Caramel Sundae Crunch.

You're welcome

soonerbrat
11/11/2008, 09:59 AM
i'm sure how someone could talk about Ben and Jerry's and Blue Bell, use "flat and flavorless" and not be talking about Blue Bell

what?

LilSooner
11/11/2008, 10:20 AM
Blue Bell use to make this one with real pieces of fudge in it. God that was good I could only find it in texass.

KingBarry
11/11/2008, 11:05 AM
Blue Bell use to make this one with real pieces of fudge in it. God that was good I could only find it in texass.

Aha! Blue Bell is part of the texan conspiracy against OU!!

But unfortunately I am not strong enough to withstand a boycott of Blue Bell products so I will instead continue to guzzle their delicious frozen crack.

soonerbrat
11/11/2008, 11:26 AM

they also used to make cookies and cream with real oreos. don't know if they still do, but yum.

soonerboomer93
11/11/2008, 11:42 AM

huh?

imho Blue Bell's homemade vanilla is the best readily available vanilla

however, half-baked is the bomb digity

bri
11/11/2008, 11:55 AM
I still mourn the passing of Chipper Ice Milk. I don't know if I'll ever be able to love again after that.

yermom
11/11/2008, 12:01 PM
huh?

imho Blue Bell's homemade vanilla is the best readily available vanilla

however, half-baked is the bomb digity

i think it's gotten better in the last few years, but i always thought it was kinda meh

i like Breyer's vanilla better

soonerbrat
11/11/2008, 12:03 PM
i think it's gotten better in the last few years, but i always thought it was kinda meh

i like Breyer's vanilla better

yah, your statement didn't make any sense to me either.

yermom
11/11/2008, 12:07 PM
i was saying i didn't see how someone could be talking about both of them and Ben and Jerry's would be the one described as "flat and flavorless"

Viking Kitten
11/11/2008, 12:21 PM
I'm with Yermom on this. You GO, Yermom.

bri
11/11/2008, 12:27 PM
You GO, Yermom.

To college?

soonerboomer93
11/11/2008, 12:43 PM
i was saying i didn't see how someone could be talking about both of them and Ben and Jerry's would be the one described as "flat and flavorless"

except that cherry garcia is one of the most over rated ice creams ever...

yermom
11/11/2008, 12:54 PM
wrong again.

:D

actually, i didn't think much of it at first, but i really like it now.

soonerboomer93
11/11/2008, 12:56 PM
i used to like it a lot, then last time i had it, complete dissappointment

Fraggle145
11/11/2008, 02:14 PM
I cant believe noone will back me up with Braums... The ONLY ice cream producer that milks their own cows!

and they are in Oklahoma, texas, Kansas, Arkansas, and Missouri (http://www.braums.com/StoreLocator.asp)

yermom
11/11/2008, 02:17 PM
just think, the burger and the shake could be from the same cow!

Viking Kitten
11/11/2008, 02:48 PM
I cant believe noone will back me up with Braums... The ONLY ice cream producer that milks their own cows!

and they are in Oklahoma, texas, Kansas, Arkansas, and Missouri (http://www.braums.com/StoreLocator.asp)

Oh. Dude. Don't get me started on Braum's. That's the only we place we buy milk from, and our ice cream ususally comes from there too. I just couldn't pick one favorite flavor, and that subject has already had its own thread anyway.

soonerbrat
11/11/2008, 02:54 PM

OK THAT MAKES MORE SENSE

:D

KC//CRIMSON
11/11/2008, 05:42 PM

I've got that beat. There's a Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shop a mile from the house.:cool:

proud gonzo
11/11/2008, 06:03 PM
Braums does indeed rock.

tommieharris91
11/11/2008, 08:31 PM
they also used to make cookies and cream with real oreos. don't know if they still do, but yum.

Yep, they do. I'm gaining weight using that goodness right now.

PalmBeachSooner1
11/11/2008, 09:40 PM
Tie: Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Buns & Starbuck's Coffee Almond Fudge

Ditto on the Starbuck's Coffee Almond Fudge. Delicious!

KingBarry
11/11/2008, 10:05 PM

Sorry. Ben and Jerry's should stop being flat and flavorless, and I would stop calling them that.

Maybe the ice cream itself is good, but that's hard to say. Those weird, huge chunks of things that they stick in the middle of their ice cream always covers the ice cream flavor with a big load of bland.

Ike
11/12/2008, 12:23 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Oberweis. mmmmmm. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Frozen Sooner
11/12/2008, 12:36 PM
31 Flavors Peanut Butter and Chocolate.

yermom
11/12/2008, 01:01 PM
Sorry. Ben and Jerry's should stop being flat and flavorless, and I would stop calling them that.

Maybe the ice cream itself is good, but that's hard to say. Those weird, huge chunks of things that they stick in the middle of their ice cream always covers the ice cream flavor with a big load of bland.

i guess i haven't tried the Tofu Twirl or whatever you have been eating

soonerbrat
11/12/2008, 02:39 PM
i guess i haven't tried the Tofu Twirl or whatever you have been eating

Did you ever have the One Sweet Whirled?
I dont' think they make it anymore...

yermom
11/12/2008, 03:10 PM
i think i remember seeing it, but i don't think i tried it

soonerbrat
11/12/2008, 03:18 PM
i'm not a big fan of coffee ice cream, One Sweet World is one of my favorite DMB songs so I bought some.

frankensooner
11/12/2008, 03:33 PM
Hmmm, an ice cream thread in which I have yet to post.

Blue Hell made with Satan's Urine. pass

Braums is wonderful.

Ben and Jerry's also very tasty.

I have yet to try Maggie Moos although we have discussed it at my casa.

The wife loves Marble Slab's Birthday Cake with added sprinkles. I like the Sweet Cream with Snickers.

C&CDean
11/12/2008, 03:36 PM
What I've learned from this thread is that a whole lot of people like ****ty ice cream.

There is Braum's, and then there's everything else. Ben & Jerry's? I'd rather eat cow **** than support those liberal schmoes. Besides, I've eaten a couple of their flavors (Cherries Garcia - the suck, and some chocolate chunk **** - also the suck), and it's the most overrated crap out there. Blue Bell makes some decent plain ice creams (vanilla, chocolate).

My all-time favorites (all Braum's BTW):

1. Pecans, pralines & cream.
2. Butter pecan
3. Rocky Road
4. Pistachio

TMcGee86
11/12/2008, 07:17 PM
Braum's is the shiz-night.

Everything else pales. Alas, as we have no Braum's down here in hell, I am stuck pretending that Blue Bell is the best. I have never bought into the hype. It's decent, I dont hate it, but it doesnt taste anything like homemade to me.