PDA

View Full Version : Gino Torretta on the Dan Patrick show thinks...

primetime43
11/10/2008, 09:13 PM
that Sam Bradford is a big time NFL prospect. Here are some highlights of the interview.

-- Torretta thinks the Heisman race is between Texas Tech's Graham Harrell and Oklahoma's Sam Bradford. He's seen a lot of Bradford and thinks that he's a big-time NFL prospect. Torretta compared Bradford to Joe Montana -- except Bradford is 6-foot-5.

-- Torretta thinks Bradford is more likely than Florida's Tim Tebow to leave early. He says Tebow isn't in the same class throwing the ball with Bradford or Georgia's Matthew Stafford.

-- Torretta thinks that Oklahoma should be ahead of Florida, because the Sooners lost on a neutral field to Texas, compared to the Gators losing to Ole Miss.

yermom
11/10/2008, 09:24 PM
-- yermom thinks that if we win out it will work out anyway :D

Dan Thompson
11/10/2008, 09:33 PM
It's a thing of beauty to see Sam step forward into the pocket and let it fly.

I think they call it a "frozen rope".

PalmBeachSooner
11/10/2008, 09:37 PM
It's amazing to think that a Sophmore could be the #1 QB and #2 overall rated player in any NFL draft year. It's unbelievable. It's selfish but I sure hope he stays for one more year.

A Sooner in Texas
11/10/2008, 09:39 PM
I like everything Gino said except the part about Sam going early to the NFL.

Yes, I'm a selfish bitch. ;)

Sherpa
11/10/2008, 09:40 PM
Bradford needs to gain some weight and put on some muscle.
He is not the 2nd ranked NFL prospect
He will be back next year.
He's a great, great college qb.

Sooner13
11/10/2008, 10:04 PM

I agree that putting on some muscle/weight would not hurt but last time I checked guys like Peyton Manning are not exactly "ripped." He may not be the 2nd rankd NFL prospect but if he is the #1 ranked QB draft prospect and a team that has a top 5 pick and that is in need of a QB would be crazy to pass him up.

All that being said, yes I hope and think he will stay another year.

Lott's Bandana
11/10/2008, 10:10 PM
I agree that putting on some muscle/weight would not hurt but last time I checked guys like Peyton Manning are not exactly "ripped." He may not be the 2nd rankd NFL prospect but if he is the #1 ranked QB draft prospect and a team that has a top 5 pick and that is in need of a QB would be crazy to pass him up.

All that being said, yes I hope and think he will stay another year.

6' 3 1/2" Bradford is the second ranked NFL prospect on McShay's and Scout's list.

Kiper doesn't list sophomores.

Curly Bill
11/10/2008, 10:14 PM

WTF?

Sooner13
11/10/2008, 10:25 PM
6' 3 1/2" Bradford is the second ranked NFL prospect on McShay's and Scout's list.

Yes I know that, I was speaking more along the lines of even if he wasn't a top 1-2 NFL prospect he is still more than likely a 1-2 QB prospect.

Red October
11/10/2008, 10:29 PM
I agreed with him on all counts, except when he said that when we beat TT, it wont be enough points for us to jump TX to get to KC... when we beat TT and OSU, we should be #2 in the country based on BCS points.

SbOrOiNaEnR
11/11/2008, 02:17 AM
Yes, because Gino Torretta is someone I want to listen to about how to be a successful NFL QB ;)

The annual economy class Delta ticket for your December trip to New York should be in the mail.

OU_Sooners75
11/11/2008, 04:20 AM

Isn't Todd McShay's and Scout's list the same damn thing?

Lott's Bandana
11/11/2008, 09:12 AM
Isn't Todd McShay's and Scout's list the same damn thing?

They were listed separately on the website I was looking at. I normally don't follow that stuff so you could absolutely positively be incredibly correct.

picasso
11/11/2008, 06:14 PM
that Sam Bradford is a big time NFL prospect. Here are some highlights of the interview.

-- Torretta thinks the Heisman race is between Texas Tech's Graham Harrell and Oklahoma's Sam Bradford. He's seen a lot of Bradford and thinks that he's a big-time NFL prospect. Torretta compared Bradford to Joe Montana -- except Bradford is 6-foot-5.

-- Torretta thinks Bradford is more likely than Florida's Tim Tebow to leave early. He says Tebow isn't in the same class throwing the ball with Bradford or Georgia's Matthew Stafford.

-- Torretta thinks that Oklahoma should be ahead of Florida, because the Sooners lost on a neutral field to Texas, compared to the Gators losing to Ole Miss.

wow, never thought of it but Bradford's mechanics do look a lot like Montana's.

Has Toretta grown any shoulders yet?