PDA

View Full Version : 2008-2009 THUNDER GAMES THREAD

birddog
11/10/2008, 07:12 PM
i guess there aren't enough people on here that want to do individual game threads(judging by zero game threads up to this point), but i'm pretty excited about having them here.

so, for those of you that care, the Thunder are off to a 1-5 start and play at indiana tonight.

birddog
11/10/2008, 07:55 PM
thunder looking good, leading 41-39 midway through 2nd.

birddog
11/10/2008, 07:57 PM
we look pretty decent when we can rebound. and russell westbrook should be on the floor as much as possible, sure he makes mistakes, but he makes up for it big time.

birddog
11/10/2008, 08:01 PM
up 48-41. we actually look like the better team.

birddog
11/10/2008, 08:16 PM
thunder up 51-48 at half.

birddog
11/10/2008, 08:17 PM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent basketball knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

All_Day_28
11/12/2008, 05:36 AM
where are you going? i need a good place to talk thunder hoops..

Jimminy Crimson
11/12/2008, 11:51 AM
Team is showing promise. The potential is there, just missing a few cogs.

See you beyonces at the Ford Center tonight! Down goes Howard!

BigRedJed
11/13/2008, 08:56 PM
Oops.

Soonerus
11/13/2008, 08:58 PM
BRJ we are dying this year...

BigRedJed
11/13/2008, 09:17 PM
It ain't no Hornets.

Soonerus
11/13/2008, 09:18 PM
I don't think they will make any moves this year....

BigRedJed
11/13/2008, 09:21 PM
Apparently Nike is in Durant's ear telling him that he needs to push for a trade to a bigger media market. Hope he doesn't listen too hard. Chris Paul seems to be doing well for them in first one, then another, small market.

Soonerus
11/13/2008, 09:24 PM
Durant should work on his game rather than endorsements...

Soonerus
11/13/2008, 09:50 PM
Thunder needs: coach, point guard, big man, some shooters...

BigRedJed
11/13/2008, 09:57 PM
I think Westbrook can turn into a nice point guard. Durant is going to be a great shooter, but you need more than one. You should really have 3 or 4. Big men are hard to come by, but you're right, they could sure use one. Hell, they have 3 or 4 seven footers. I wish they could trade some of those guys for better product.

And yeah, probably the worst thing they have is the coach. PJ is totally uninspiring. Why the heck do he and his coaches not coach during timeouts? They have a meeting by the free throw line while the players are left to their own devices on the bench. It's bizarre. I'd like to have Byron back almost as much as Chris Paul.

Soonerus
11/13/2008, 09:59 PM
Westbrooke is not a true point...

BigRedJed
11/13/2008, 10:11 PM
I know he's a natural 2, but I like when he runs the point. He's not afraid to take it to the rack (rare for a rookie), and that allows a guy to create other opportunities.

Jimminy Crimson
11/13/2008, 10:14 PM
Down goes Howard!

By 'Down goes Howard', I (of course) meant 'Damn, Superman is going to get his first career triple-double'.

Sorry for the typo! :O

BigRedJed
11/13/2008, 10:16 PM
Heh. No ****. That was ugly.

Jimminy Crimson
11/13/2008, 10:19 PM
It ain't pretty, but it's ours!

birddog
11/14/2008, 07:06 PM
big game tonight at 6:30 against the knicks in the garden.

i actually think we'll win but durant has to play and play well.

starclassic tama
11/14/2008, 07:22 PM
thought you were leaving mr. president and CEO of a company nobody has ever heard of

birddog
11/14/2008, 08:03 PM
thought you were leaving mr. president and CEO of a company nobody has ever heard of

heh. you haven't been around much.

birddog
11/14/2008, 08:03 PM
well, not a good start for the thunder (imagine that) down 34-20 with a min. left in 1st.

birddog
11/14/2008, 08:24 PM

and i can't believe you've NEVAR heard of my company. i'm big time.

if you only knew. this board ONLY exists because of my contributions.

and don't get me started on the wimmens i pull. my name is helander for a reason. when i go to a bar with my friends and they see me talking to the owner of a furburger, what do you think they say?..."yep, he land er!"

birddog
11/15/2008, 01:03 AM
i figured out the thunder strategy for the year, it's almost genius. get down by 40 points every game, let the opponent lose complete interest, then creep their way back to a 10 point loss.

they lose by 10 to the knickerbockers tonight and fall to 1-9. sweet.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/15/2008, 03:30 AM
Hey at least we will win the lottery at this pace...that is guaranteed win right, so at the very worst we will be 2-81 ;)

birddog
11/15/2008, 10:38 AM
there's a saying in the nba that you either want to be really good or really bad. if you are average you don't have a chance.

so atleast we have one area covered and we're due a ton of first round picks over the next couple of years.

Soonerus
11/15/2008, 11:29 AM
i figured out the thunder strategy for the year, it's almost genius. get down by 40 points every game, let the opponent lose complete interest, then creep their way back to a 10 point loss.

they lose by 10 to the knickerbockers tonight and fall to 1-9. sweet.

1-8

BigRedJed
11/15/2008, 12:29 PM
Good call on that strategy, birddog. Seems to be dead on.

starclassic tama
11/16/2008, 01:35 AM
Apparently Nike is in Durant's ear telling him that he needs to push for a trade to a bigger media market. Hope he doesn't listen too hard. Chris Paul seems to be doing well for them in first one, then another, small market.

link or did you just think it would be fun to make some crap up dean blevins style?

BigRedJed
11/16/2008, 09:05 PM
Sheesh, dude. You sure are abrasive. I heard it from someone who would probably get into a lot of trouble for having told me. There is no link. Believe me or don't believe me - I really don't care. I believe him.

Unlike you, I have earned at least a modest bit of credibility around here. I think that most folks who have been on this board for a while, or who know me personally, know that I generally don't "make crap up Dean Blevins style." But if you choose to take it with a grain of salt, that's fine too.

And by the way, I didn't say that KD is thinking about it, or pushing for it himself. I only said that apparently that is what Nike is pushing for.

OUmillenium
11/18/2008, 01:16 PM
What is there to talk about?

I think their logo is cool.

Mascot(?) is weak, that's been talked about.

birddog
11/19/2008, 10:22 PM
well, just when you thought it couldn't get any worse for the thunder, it does. after leading the 1-9 clippers by 15 in the first half, the thunder scores 36 second half points and lose by 20, 108-88, at the ford center.

i'm beginning to think they'll have a hard time reaching double-digits in the win column.

Soonerus
11/19/2008, 10:24 PM
needs list: new coach, point guard, center...with those they could compete....

Jimminy Crimson
11/20/2008, 02:58 AM

I'll take 2/3 at this point! :O

SoonerInKCMO
11/20/2008, 10:52 AM
Y'all be sure to make it to Friday's game so the Ford Center will be full for the national teevee audience.

birddog
11/20/2008, 11:54 AM

i say we just roll with what we have. we'll get a payoff similar to portland and atlanta if we keep pushing through. if we upgrade talent it will only give us 10-15 wins at this point. these young guys, green, durant, westbrook, and swift(?) can be a good core that we can rely on for a long time. of course, hanging on to durant is huge if he's going to be the face of the franchise.

as far as carlessimo, i'm not sure if he's the guy. i know he's had some good coaching gigs but i don't know how successful he's been in rebuilding young teams. he seems to be getting a free pass because of the no-namers he's trying to bring along.

soonermech_33
11/21/2008, 01:01 PM
JMO.
Durant needs to do more than shoot 30ft jumpshoot and stand outside watching game happen. Need point guard play in a bad way. Centers are getting beat like school girls. Just opinion of watching Clipper game Wed. night. Had a nice lead and blew it. Not complaining yet its still NBA basketball in Oklahoma.

birddog
11/25/2008, 11:04 PM
oh man, thunder blows a big lead to lose 99-98 to the shaq-less suns. atleast they look like an nba team after canning pj but man, it hurts to lose like that.

Bosley
11/26/2008, 12:16 AM
They're getting used to the system, but it's working. Give them 2 weeks and they'll be competitive with anyone in the league.

Soonerus
11/26/2008, 12:18 AM
They played well tonight, it was a fun game...

starclassic tama
11/26/2008, 04:30 PM
yeah that was a really tough loss, but this team looks MUCH better with durant at the 3 and jeff green at the 4.

Soonerus
11/26/2008, 08:40 PM
Thunder being annihilated by Cleveland tonight...maybe worst performance of the year...

soonervegas
11/28/2008, 10:38 PM
Getting better but lose another buzzer beater tonight.

birddog
11/30/2008, 01:50 AM
in other non-bedlam news, the thunder gets a road win in memphis 111-103. w00t!!!

birddog
12/14/2008, 02:03 AM
the thunder blow a 21 point lead at home to the grizzlies then follow that with a loss at the mavs. they were leading much of the 4th quarter but they don't have a go-to-guy in the final two minutes of the game. mavs win by 4.

come on blake, win an nc then get your can 10 minutes up the road to the ford center.

Hella Sideburns
12/14/2008, 02:37 AM
games like tonight have to happen. or, rather, they're a part of the learning process.

you always hear about a young team learning how to win. part of what that entails is figuring out how to get your scorers to all be comfortable in the offense at the same time. Notice tonight Durant had 22 but scored 0 in the fourth quarter, while Green lit it up in the first half and cooled in the second.

Compared to where we were when PJ was sleeping on the bench, this is a moral victory.

GrapevineSooner
12/14/2008, 03:32 PM
The lack of scoring hurt. But what also hurt you guys was the lack of poise shown in the 4th and in the last two minutes. IIRC, the Thunder turned the ball over 5 times in the last frame, including two in the final two minutes.

Just keep digging and your guys will get there.

birddog
12/27/2008, 09:37 AM
sheesh, ai drives and hits the game winning bucket with .03 left. but jeff green goes up for an alley-oop at the buzzer and can't get a handle on it.

thunder loses by 2 in detroit.

they are competitive in almost every game and have a chance to win alot, but they are still young and need someone who can finish in the middle.

i like this team. i like their resolve.

Scott D
12/27/2008, 11:09 AM
I don't know who that team that played the Thunder was last night, but it certainly wasn't the Pistons.

BigRedJed
12/27/2008, 02:27 PM
Maybe the Thunder had something to do with that. That was maybe the first game where I saw flashes of true chemistry. Including in their few wins. Those guys have the talent to be competitive. A high lottery pick and a few good free agent signings over the summer and they might make a true turnaround next year.

Plus, everything I read is saying that the chemistry in Motown ain't all that hot right now, since the AI move. Don't get me wrong; he's still an all-star (proven by that last second dagger to the heart), and they're still a much better team than the Thunder, but I think they are going to take some time to gel.

The Thunder was successful in making Detroit play Oklahoma City's game. Coincidentally it's the same game AI wants to play. But I think the rest of the Pistons squad are going to take a while to catch up.

Don't sweat it Scott. If you go out an look at most of the Thunder's games since Brooks took over, even really good opponents have been "escaping" a "pesky" Thunder team. They just haven't figured out how to turn all of those close games into a few wins here and there.

starclassic tama
12/27/2008, 02:47 PM
good post BRJ. we are really bad right now, but we have a GREAT young core of durant green and westbrook that a lot of teams would love to build on. unfortunately right now, that is ALL we have and in the NBA you need more than 3 guys scoring the basketball. most good teams have 5-6 guys that can score with anyone on our team except maybe durant.

Scott D
12/27/2008, 06:34 PM
Maybe the Thunder had something to do with that. That was maybe the first game where I saw flashes of true chemistry. Including in their few wins. Those guys have the talent to be competitive. A high lottery pick and a few good free agent signings over the summer and they might make a true turnaround next year.

Plus, everything I read is saying that the chemistry in Motown ain't all that hot right now, since the AI move. Don't get me wrong; he's still an all-star (proven by that last second dagger to the heart), and they're still a much better team than the Thunder, but I think they are going to take some time to gel.

The Thunder was successful in making Detroit play Oklahoma City's game. Coincidentally it's the same game AI wants to play. But I think the rest of the Pistons squad are going to take a while to catch up.

Don't sweat it Scott. If you go out an look at most of the Thunder's games since Brooks took over, even really good opponents have been "escaping" a "pesky" Thunder team. They just haven't figured out how to turn all of those close games into a few wins here and there.

hah, until I see otherwise I've been saying that Joe Dumars has given up on this season back in early November. He's looking at 2009 already.

GrapevineSooner
12/27/2008, 11:54 PM
sheesh, ai drives and hits the game winning bucket with .03 left. but jeff green goes up for an alley-oop at the buzzer and can't get a handle on it.

thunder loses by 2 in detroit.

they are competitive in almost every game and have a chance to win alot, but they are still young and need someone who can finish in the middle.

i like this team. i like their resolve.

But will you take them anywhere, anytime, to play anyone? :les:

Scott D
12/28/2008, 01:44 PM
hah, until I see otherwise I've been saying that Joe Dumars has given up on this season back in early November. He's looking at 2009 already.

I take back part of this, I missed the first half when Rip Hamilton went out with an injury. So I learned before last night's Pistons game against the Bucks that he was out because of it. That played a part against the Thunder to be sure. But Joe is still sacrificing this season for next.

But, not to take away from the Thunder too much, they gave an effort, and they just need more depth.

Mixer!
12/29/2008, 08:44 AM
Charley Rosen's take on the Thunder (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8991592/Raptors%27-upside-on-display-in-win-over-Kings):

Straight Shooting

Let's turn the standings upside-down, and reconnoiter the worst teams in the league. Which of them might ultimately be headed in the right direction? Which of them is headed nowhere?

Oklahoma City (3-26): Kevin Durant, Jeff Green, and Russell Westbrook are talented youngsters who are learning the NBA ropes together — although Westbrook is struggling to learn the point guard position. Chris "Mr. Jump Hook" Wilcox provides a potent if erratic scorer off the bench, and Nick Collison is the consummate hard-working role player. Everybody else on the team is roster-fill.

Attracting notable free agents to a team that's several years away from being respectable will require an extraordinary sales job plus scads of money. Which means that the help the Thunder need can only come from trades and the draft.

Still, OKC's Little Three constitute excellent building blocks.

BigRedJed
12/29/2008, 09:50 AM
Good find. One point: they will have the aforementioned "scads of money." They are extremely well situated under the salary cap, so they can throw ridicoulous money at the right personnel in the off-season. I'm not naive enough to think they are in the LeBron sweepstakes or anything like that, but they can make some nice, maybe even surprising, player moves.

Hopefully some wiley vets will warm to the idea of playing with Durant and Westrbook. The Thunder has tremendous upside. Heck, ALL THEY HAVE is upside.

sooner2b09
12/31/2008, 11:10 PM
Thunder beat Golden State!

its a miracle on New Years Eve

Soonerus
1/1/2009, 01:50 AM
Thunder game was awesome !!!!

Hella Sideburns
1/1/2009, 03:37 PM
for fun, go look at KD's stats in the month of december. He's real good.

Jeff Green has been very solid as well

for more fun, look at Westbrook's month of december, and then compare it to top pick Derrick Rose's

this is a young, super-athletic, talented three-some

BigRedJed
1/1/2009, 05:47 PM
The people who continue to stick with this team are going to be rewarded sooner than most of the rest of world thinks. KD, Westbrook and Green make up a nucleus that should be a really nice team in a season or two. I'm not predicting they'll be worldbeaters anytime soon, but I think they have a great chance at a dramatic improvement between now and this time next year.

Regarding last night's game, I even warmed up a bit to Earl Watson. I haven't been too high on him so far, but he's showing some flashes of playing looser. I think that's what these guys need, looser play, with an emphasis on having fun. They have no pressure on them right now. None. They shouldn't be playing tight.

It's good to see Earl trying some no-look stuff, even if they aren't yet hitting on all cylinders on it. The little no-look between the legs to a trailing KD at the top of the key was kickass.

Lott's Bandana
1/1/2009, 10:21 PM
The little no-look between the legs to a trailing KD at the top of the key was kickass.

Loved it.

It was very cool to be at a win...and a game that they played well, overcoming a dismal 1st quarter.

Question:

Perhaps it has been years now, but when did they start playing music during the action? It is rather surreal.

starclassic tama
1/2/2009, 03:42 PM
maybe we can string together a little 2 game W streak after tonight...

BigRedJed
1/3/2009, 12:56 AM
Damn. It.

Soonerus
1/3/2009, 01:01 AM
Best loss I have ever witnessed...great game....great crowd...

BigRedJed
1/3/2009, 01:09 AM
:les: DAMN CARMELO ANTHONY!!

Soonerus
1/3/2009, 01:11 AM
two GREAT shots !!!

BigRedJed
1/3/2009, 01:12 AM
"That team is not a four-win basketball team.'' - Chauncy Billups

BigRedJed
1/3/2009, 01:12 AM
:les: DAMN CHAUNCEY BILLUPS!!

Hella Sideburns
1/3/2009, 01:19 PM
god damn i wish i could have made it out there last night

kevin durant is a killer at the end of games. there might be no limit to how good he can be on offense, look at what he's doing right now, and think about how he's doing it as a 20-year old on the worst team in the nba

sooner2b09
1/10/2009, 11:19 PM
Hey teh Thunder win in Chicago in OT. Turned it on and saw it was in OT and they pretty much dominated in the extra minutes. Nice to seem them get another road win.

Mixer!
1/11/2009, 12:21 AM
Is Scott Brooks title still "Interim" Head Coach? If so, they might think about making him the permanent HC.

BigRedJed
1/11/2009, 08:52 PM
I like him. Other than that 40 point loss debacle the other night, they have been making very noticible improvement. Lots of good chemistry is suddenly evident. Also, Krsticseems to be a good addition.

BigRedJed
1/11/2009, 09:08 PM
Sacramento is looking over its shoulder. Here's a great read (http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/018464.html) from the Sacramento Bee's NBA writer.

Soonerus
1/11/2009, 09:16 PM
Sacramento is looking over its shoulder. Here's a great read (http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/018464.html) from the Sacramento Bee's NBA writer.

Thanks for the article, it's great...

birddog
1/14/2009, 10:09 AM
going to my first thunder game tonight. i'm really happy with the way the team has improved. obviously their record doesn't show it, but they are much more entertaining than they were a month ago.

starclassic tama
1/14/2009, 10:23 PM
BIG W for the thunder tonight

GO THUNDER GO

sooner2b09
1/14/2009, 10:37 PM
Thunder absolutely demolished the Jazz tonight. Never thought I would say that this season.

birddog
1/15/2009, 11:26 AM
well, that was a great first game for me. i sat on row A (floor) in section 105, so i was able to get a good look at the players' reactions throughout the game.

what i saw is a team that really cares. they played with alot of intensity and defended harder than the jazz for much of the game.

krstic is about as fundamental a shooter as i've seen for a big man. he still doesn't know all the plays yet, as some of the players were directing him where to go alot of times (it was comical). but you can tell he is going to stretch the defense out and allow us to get rebounds. (thunder 48 utah 26 rebounds).

this group is playing so well that wilcox and swift can't get in the rotation. that won't always be the case so it is nice that they can come in and help when needed.

sure the jazz were missing a few players, but we tore apart a pretty salty team.

oh yeah, matt harpring is a pest. that dude is the hardest worker on the floor, everytime.

starclassic tama
1/15/2009, 04:58 PM
i love it. still get that "pinch me and wake me up" feeling. i can't believe we have a team. things are looking better and better with each game.

sooner2b09
1/16/2009, 11:06 PM
Dont look now but the Thunder are on a 2 game winning streak!

Soonerus
1/16/2009, 11:21 PM
89-79, Thunder beat Pistons !!!

birddog
1/17/2009, 01:18 AM
it's incredible to watch a team click like they are. they haven't won many but they've lost a few buzzer beaters and an overtime game, and have been competitive in alot of other games. it's nice to see them get a few w's. now they might start to relax a little and enjoy being here playing for the best fans in the league.

but thunder, don't get too carried away and win too many. just play well enough to win AND get the first pick of the draft to go along with your other first round picks.

BigRedJed
1/18/2009, 10:18 AM
Meh. The last place team only has a 1 in 4 chance of getting the first pick, anyway. It works differently than the NFL draft, just so that teams won't tank their seasons to get the first choice. Besides, they are going to have unreal money under the cap (among the best in the league) in a far-better-than-average offseason for unrestricted free agents.

I'd like to see them keep developing chemistry the rest of the season and end it with tons of confidence. Do that, make some good moves, and they could even *gulp* threaten breaking into the playoffs next season. Certainly by the one after that. This team has TONS of upside, and I don't think I'm saying that as a homer.

I say win as much as you can, baby.

starclassic tama
1/20/2009, 12:40 AM
plus we have two lottery picks this year so we could maybe package both of them for the top spot and blake if we don't win it from the lottery

vessey632
1/22/2009, 01:28 AM
Completely ridiculous game tonight. Thunder win at Golden State 122 to 121 on a Jeff Green long 2 with 1.6 seconds left. Nice to see us pick up a win in a close one.

BigRedJed
1/22/2009, 01:18 PM
Don Nelson made a ****ty comment regarding Jeff Green's shot. Something along the lines of "no way did he call a bank shot on that. That shot went in because he missed it so badly." What a bunch of petty crap. Just give it up to the other team that came into your house, ran with you and beat you. Yeah, it easily could have gone the other way, too. But if you can't keep the team with the worst record in the league from being in position to win with a last second shot, in your own building, you need to keep your yapper shut.

Soonerus
1/22/2009, 03:57 PM
It was a great win for the Thunder...they deserved to win one on a last second shot !!!

birddog
1/27/2009, 10:52 PM
another win for the Thunder over NJ Nets by 9. i heard it was an empty arena because of the ice. any of you make it out there?

Dio
1/27/2009, 11:33 PM
another win for the Thunder over NJ Nets by 9. i heard it was an empty arena because of the ice. any of you make it out there?

Yeah, I upgraded myself from Loud City to the 4th row behind the bench.

BigRedJed
1/27/2009, 11:38 PM
I was there. Haven't missed a game yet. It was a great game for 3 quarters, and a nailbiter for one. Funny, but things must be headed in the right direction, team-wise, when we get upset over the team blowing 20 points of a 30 point lead and only winning by around 10.

Soonerus
1/27/2009, 11:52 PM
Looking for a big win tomorrow night...

Bosley
1/28/2009, 04:42 AM
I can't stop watching the games. I've been following the team like I follow the Sooners in the fall. I've been to a few games and would really like to see the energy in the ford center move out broadly to the entire region. This really is Oklahoma's chance to make a huge name for itself and the economic benefits have already started to show with new business moving to the region. Our bio medical industry here has grown steadily and when businesses are thinking about relocating OKC is now on the short list. That brings in new jobs and growth more people and a more rock solid economy.

sooner59
1/29/2009, 02:47 AM
Great game in OT! Im not like BigRedJed in that I can't go to all of the games, but I try to "at least" watch all of the games. I completely support the Thunder. I love having an NBA team in town. Its always great to watch us win. I am beginning to get really excited about this team. I hope the future holds many wins for group. They play really hard.

sooner2b09
1/29/2009, 01:51 PM
I wish I could make it to all of the games. I do watch almost all of them on TV and have a couple T-shirts. I love how they are playing right now too, its amazing to watch them all come together.

bri
2/6/2009, 10:31 PM
THUNDER WIN! THUNDER WIN! HO-LY COW!!

Nice win tonight over Portland.

Sooner98
2/6/2009, 10:43 PM
I believe this is the winningest team the Thunder have beaten this year.

They had better be careful, with all of these wins they may miss out on the Blake Griffin sweepstakes.

bri
2/6/2009, 10:57 PM
That's the beauty of the lottery, man. They can go ahead and start building confidence for next season and still be horrible enough overall to get some ping-pong balls. And with Overlord Stern pulling them strings, I fully expect him to pull an "OKC" out of that numba.one envelope. :D

Soonerus
2/7/2009, 12:07 AM
Great win for the Thunder...Durant or Oden...I think I'll take Durant...

BigRedJed
2/7/2009, 07:33 PM
Nick Collison made Oden his jailhouse bitch. I was pretty surprised by that, actually.

bri
2/7/2009, 09:29 PM
Aren't you supposed to be nice to the elderly?

Mixer!
2/11/2009, 08:39 AM
Nice effort by the Thunder last night. The Lakers are playing phenomonal ball right now, but it was nice to see OKC hang with them throughout the game.

SoonerTroll
2/11/2009, 12:05 PM
I didn't get to see all of the game, but the fianl score was pretty impressive. Did the Thunder keep it close all game or did the Lakers have the scrubs on the court in the 4th?

bri
2/11/2009, 12:12 PM
They kept it close all game. Every time the Lakers would get up by double figures, the Thunder would put together a mini-run to get back within striking distance. They just couldn't get over the hump last night.

Sooner98
2/11/2009, 11:33 PM
I wonder if the bitter Sonics fans were able to make the road trip down to Portland for tonight's game, to boo the Thunder players who had virtually nothing to do with the re-location. I'm sure it's really affecting the outcome of the game.

bri
2/11/2009, 11:55 PM
The Thunder are hanging tough so far, 80-74 Trailblazers at the end of three.

bri
2/12/2009, 12:17 AM
I stand corrected, as now the Blazers are blowing the game open in the fourth. Apparently, OKC's All-Star break started 12 minutes early.

bri
2/17/2009, 10:23 PM
Holy crap, that was a great game. Let the Hornets jump out to a big lead, then KD pulls the Thunder back into it with 47 points only for CP3 to dribble around everyone and hit the game winner.

Phew.

Sooner98
2/17/2009, 10:25 PM
Sheesh, Durant just one-upped his performance in the rookie All-Star game, by putting up 47 tonight. The Thunder's furious comeback came up just short though, as CP3 hits the game-winner with 2 seconds left.

bri
2/17/2009, 10:29 PM
I can't help but wonder if we couldn't have gotten a better shot with 2.3 seconds left than a halfcourt heave. Meh.

Dio
2/18/2009, 02:07 PM
Why didn't we foul as soon as the Hornets got the ball? They get 2 pts- maybe less- and we get more time to answer.

Hella Sideburns
2/18/2009, 02:54 PM
I can't help but wonder if we couldn't have gotten a better shot with 2.3 seconds left than a halfcourt heave. Meh.

no time outs left, so it's not like they could have drawn something up. the hornets pressed, so we couldn't roll the ball up to save time, either

Hella Sideburns
2/21/2009, 11:21 PM
oh my god, watson and westbrook just hooked up for the dunk of the year (courtesy of the top of marco bellinelli's head)

soonervegas
2/22/2009, 07:44 PM
Have we stopped playing D? We are not going to win many games giving up 120 plus.......

Hella Sideburns
2/23/2009, 01:10 AM
Have we stopped playing D? We are not going to win many games giving up 120 plus.......

some of it is a lack of defense, but some of it is the pace that the suns and warriors play.

bri
2/24/2009, 09:49 PM
Alright, the Thunder have it close going into the 4th. Let's see if they can pull one of these wins out against a Finals contender...

bri
2/24/2009, 10:31 PM
Well, the Thunder got within a point...then Kobe said "aw hell naw". Lakers win by two touchdowns.

Suck.

starclassic tama
2/25/2009, 02:53 AM
kobe has a tendency to do that to people. like, basically everybody

bri
2/25/2009, 03:15 PM
Last night, we were Kobe's frightened hotel intern.

*shudder*

Sooner98
2/27/2009, 10:47 PM
Good grief, we are about to puke away a 12-point lead with 5 minutes to go against the Mavericks. Now tied at 87.

This is so "November/December Thunder".

GrapevineSooner
2/27/2009, 10:57 PM
That's OK.

The Mavs felt obliged to hack up a five point lead with less than 30 seconds to go.

GrapevineSooner
2/27/2009, 11:14 PM
Well, second time with OKC down five late in regulation/OT that the refs kind of gave the Thunder a gift call on a 3 point attempt.

Especially that last call on Singleton.

bri
2/27/2009, 11:23 PM
Since I like both teams, that game was a no-lose situation for me. :D

Mixer!
2/28/2009, 11:12 PM
Nice win tonight, time for some payback come Monday.

GrapevineSooner
3/2/2009, 10:53 PM
Which you guys got, in spite of not having Durant.

Congrats.

Typical Mavs.

Sooner98
3/2/2009, 11:33 PM
Which you guys got, in spite of not having Durant....

...or Green.

Ouch.

:)

Sooner LockJaw
3/3/2009, 06:19 AM
NICE GAME, NENAD!!!! (26 points) to go with Westy's triple-double!
Guess the Mavs didn't take that game seriously, eh? ;)

starclassic tama
3/3/2009, 08:19 PM
i actually think we might be better than the mavs right now and into the future. i think their time is up, dirk is a stagnate "all-star", kidd is over the hill, and howard just likes to get high.

Soonerus
3/8/2009, 08:34 PM
Thunder beat Philly tonight 89-74, again without Durant and Green...great game...

sooner59
3/17/2009, 03:00 AM
Way to go Thunder! Downed the Spurs. That is a nice win.

bri
4/1/2009, 12:46 AM
And the Thunder beat the Spurs again, this time on their court!

No more than 30 seconds after the end of the game, my friend who decided a few years back to bandwagon for the Spurs sent me a text: "Don't say sh*t to me k?" Heh.

Sooner98
4/2/2009, 12:17 PM
They get to go for the trifecta against the Spurs next Tuesday in OKC. If you're not making the playoffs, I kind of like the role as someone's "thorn in the side", and it might as well be the Spurs.