PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech Tailgate Details

C&CDean
11/10/2008, 03:22 PM
Alright boys and girls, game on! We got the sand aglets coming our way on the 22nd at 7pm. Tailgate details are:

Chili. Lots of it. Different kinds. Different animals. Pull Dean's finger hot to wimply. All ingredients except the beans (yes, we'll have a few beans in the chili) come from the Deanarosa.

We'll also have fritos, cornbread, crackers, cheese, jalapenos, habaneros, onions, etc. Bring stuff that goes with chili. Including desserts. Yes, we had a sugar overdose at the last tailgate, but that's OK. Also, if you have a great chili recipe and want to bring some, feel free. Let me know if you'll need it plugged in though.

Festivities will commence about 2:30ish or so.

Important: Homey will be doing the drawing for the allsome raffle he's been handling all year at 5:30 sharp. If you still haven't purchased a shot at the football signed by all the surviving Heisman winners and the uber allsome 1 of 100 autographed print of the Selmon Brothers then you still can by peeming Homey or coming to the tailgate. Winners do not have to be present, but it makes it nice when they are. There will also be some other consolation prizes as well.

See you then.

NormanPride
11/10/2008, 04:22 PM
Are we gonna have extry terlits? Will there be deodorizing spray available? These are the questions that keep me up at night.

bluedogok
11/10/2008, 10:29 PM
We are coming up to OKC on Friday and plan on coming to the tailgate, hope meet many of you there. I may have to talk the wife (Tech grad) into making some cookies or a cake or something.

soonersweetie
11/10/2008, 10:45 PM
Hey Dean,

We'll bring something sweet to cut through the spiciness of the chili.

Dan Thompson
11/12/2008, 01:15 PM
I have never been lucky enough to attend a tailgate, so I have some questions.

How does the whole thing operate? Is food paid for or is it free?
How long do they usually last?
Do some fans go just for the tailgate and watch the game from outside?

meoveryouxinfinity
11/12/2008, 01:41 PM
Ah, since election season is over, I won't have to be around campus or in Stillwater Inhoffing. Maybe I'll show up. I'll be the young good looking one.

C&CDean
11/12/2008, 03:10 PM
I have never been lucky enough to attend a tailgate, so I have some questions.

How does the whole thing operate? Is food paid for or is it free?
How long do they usually last?
Do some fans go just for the tailgate and watch the game from outside?

You just show up. Look for the best looking guy there (uh that would be me) and say "are you Dean? I'm Dan Thompson from the board." It's just that easy. I'll introduce you to some of the other posters, then you're on your own. All the food/beer/likker/TV/terlets/etc. is gratis - however there is a tip jar where donations are gladly accepted.

Some people stay at the tailgates and watch the game from there. Some hang for a while and wander around campus. Some come early, some late. We are a very laid back bunch.

olevetonahill
11/12/2008, 03:25 PM
You just show up. Look for the best looking guy there (uh that would be me) and say "are you Dean? I'm Dan Thompson from the board." It's just that easy. I'll introduce you to some of the other posters, then you're on your own. All the food/beer/likker/TV/terlets/etc. is gratis - however there is a tip jar where donations are gladly accepted.

Some people stay at the tailgates and watch the game from there. Some hang for a while and wander around campus. Some come early, some late. We are a very laid OUT bunch, by the time the Booze is gone.

Had to fix that last part fer ya bro .

C&CDean
11/12/2008, 03:28 PM
Well in Doleo's case, no doubt.

85Sooner
11/12/2008, 04:02 PM
Alright boys and girls, game on! We got the sand aglets coming our way on the 22nd at 7pm. Tailgate details are:

Chili. Lots of it. Different kinds. Different animals. Pull Dean's finger hot to wimply. All ingredients except the beans (yes, we'll have a few beans in the chili) come from the Deanarosa.

We'll also have fritos, cornbread, crackers, cheese, jalapenos, habaneros, onions, etc. Bring stuff that goes with chili. Including desserts. Yes, we had a sugar overdose at the last tailgate, but that's OK. Also, if you have a great chili recipe and want to bring some, feel free. Let me know if you'll need it plugged in though.

Festivities will commence about 2:30ish or so.

Important: Homey will be doing the drawing for the allsome raffle he's been handling all year at 5:30 sharp. If you still haven't purchased a shot at the football signed by all the surviving Heisman winners and the uber allsome 1 of 100 autographed print of the Selmon Brothers then you still can by peeming Homey or coming to the tailgate. Winners do not have to be present, but it makes it nice when they are. There will also be some other consolation prizes as well.

See you then.

So will there be blenders there for we sooner fans with no teeth?

soonerboy_odanorth
11/13/2008, 12:43 AM
So is it BYOFMC* for a little cook-off action to tempt the kiddies... or just worship at the alter of the bestest GD Elk chili in the history of Troglodyte-CroMagnan-Neanderthal-Man? I'm good with either. :D

And BTW, I'm tryin' to wear down the missus to make the extra trip that wasn't originally budgeted. (i.e. may need a little space for ye 'ol...awwwwtooomoebeeeeel....rake... big rake...psshhhhhh!)

*Bring Your Own Face Melt Chili

Collier11
11/13/2008, 12:49 AM
where is the tailgate located, I need to swing by and meet some of you hooligans?

olevetonahill
11/13/2008, 01:12 AM
where is the tailgate located, I need to swing by and meet some of you hooligans?

Bro you aint ever been ?

Collier11
11/13/2008, 01:19 AM
Nope, I usually head to our tailgate and im drunk before I think to start visiting people ;)

C&CDean
11/13/2008, 12:38 PM

It's on the south side of Tulsa.

Collier11
11/13/2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks, im there!

setem
11/13/2008, 01:21 PM
If she gets a new oven by then my mother would like to send a turkey down.

tigepilot
11/17/2008, 12:48 AM
I haven't been to an OU game IN NORMAN since Kansas 2000 and am so pumped for this game I've been tryin' to rouse up a friend to go with but haven't had much luck (will know tomorrow for sure just how 'lucky' I am). Anway, considering just going by myself... hell, most of the games I attended in the past were by myself as well but they were for the most part during the Gibbs/Schnellenburger/Blake years. If I go I will make a point to stop by the tailgate. Is there a decent chance of picking up a single ticket that day? Used to do it all the time but never tried to at a game of this magnitude.

olevetonahill
11/17/2008, 12:51 AM
I haven't been to an OU game IN NORMAN since Kansas 2000 and am so pumped for this game I've been tryin' to rouse up a friend to go with but haven't had much luck (will know tomorrow for sure just how 'lucky' I am). Anway, considering just going by myself... hell, most of the games I attended in the past were by myself as well but they were for the most part during the Gibbs/Schnellenburger/Blake years. If I go I will make a point to stop by the tailgate. Is there a decent chance of picking up a single ticket that day? Used to do it all the time but never tried to at a game of this magnitude.

Where are you ?
Yu7p you can usually Find tickets right In front Of the TG , If some one there dosent have an extry.

tigepilot
11/17/2008, 01:07 AM
Where are you ?
Yu7p you can usually Find tickets right In front Of the TG , If some one there dosent have an extry.

Abilene

olevetonahill
11/17/2008, 01:14 AM
Abilene

So you Wont be coming thru Wister Then . Dayum ;)

C&CDean
11/17/2008, 03:10 PM
OK boys and girls, an update:

Mrs. Dean will be going to Chicago on Friday, and won't return until 9pm on Saturday night. She'll be there to help clean up, but she won't be there to set-up, etc. like usual. The normal smooth running SF.com tailgate is going to certainly have a man's touch this weekend, so be prepared. She will be preparing the chili on Thursday, but she won't be able to do the cornbread.

So, who can bring some cornbread? I've got the fritos/cheese/sour cream/etc. all covered. I've got the beer, booze, and ice. But not the CB. Who's in?

Lott's Bandana
11/17/2008, 03:13 PM

Some people stay at the tailgates and watch the game from there. Some hang for a while and wander around campus. Some come early, some late. We are a very laid back bunch.

What he said.

jwlynn64
11/17/2008, 03:15 PM
I'll try and bring some. Don't know how much however.

C&CDean
11/17/2008, 03:16 PM
I'll try and bring some. Don't know how much however.

Plan on cornbread for about a hunnert or so. Seriously.

olevetonahill
11/17/2008, 03:25 PM

Just for you bro and any others that havnt been .:D
http://www.soonerfans.com/tailgate/2008tailgate.html

StoopTroup
11/17/2008, 07:22 PM
Dean...

We ain't cooking no cornbread for no hunerd peoples.

But...we will be bringing enough for me.

j/k We'll be bringing (2) 13"x9'' pans of jalepeno cornbread.

ST

BTW....will your bitch Doleo be sitting wif youz tat ta gameb? :D

soonersweetie
11/17/2008, 09:50 PM
do you need desserts more or cornbread?
or both?

olevetonahill
11/18/2008, 12:08 AM
do you need desserts more or cornbread?
or both?

Ill answer that fer the Deanster, BOTH :D

soonerboy_odanorth
11/18/2008, 12:34 AM
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat.

Teach a man to fish, and he'll eat for a lifetime.

Give a man some chilli, and he'll eat.

Teach a man to brew some chilli, and he'll fart up a dust storm for a week.

In.

YellowJacket
11/18/2008, 09:46 AM
First time poster here so I figure this is the best place to ask my question about game day at OU.

My buddy and I travel to a different college game every year. Several months back we picked this game b/c we wanted to see an OU home game.

Anyway, we want to soak in all the atmosphere. Having never been to an OU game, can you tell me about some pre-game activities not to miss? Or places to see/visit around campus?

We're SEC/ACC fans (live in Atlanta) and have never been to a Big 12 game. Needless to say we picked a good one to come to!

Thx for your help, looking forward to our visit

olevetonahill
11/18/2008, 09:50 AM
First time poster here so I figure this is the best place to ask my question about game day at OU.

My buddy and I travel to a different college game every year. Several months back we picked this game b/c we wanted to see an OU home game.

Anyway, we want to soak in all the atmosphere. Having never been to an OU game, can you tell me about some pre-game activities not to miss? Or places to see/visit around campus?

We're SEC/ACC fans (live in Atlanta) and have never been to a Big 12 game. Needless to say we picked a good one to come to!

Thx for your help, looking forward to our visit

Get there early . stay Late . spend time On Campus Corner . Get to the Tailgate , Meet New friends . Enjoy .:D

jwlynn64
11/18/2008, 11:09 AM
This question is asked a few times a year. Try this:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119134&highlight=tailgate

There are a lot of suggestions of things to see and do.

bri
11/18/2008, 11:15 AM
It's on the south side of Tulsa.

Hey, leave us out of this. Send him to Enid or something.

Collier11
11/18/2008, 11:25 AM
My parents are close to Enid, that wouldnt be too bad

StoopTroup
11/18/2008, 11:29 AM
There"s only one thing (well...two actually but do that other one in your car...don't tie up the port-a-potties with your significant other please. :D ), better than Deanarosa Chili and that's.....(Chant this with me...:D )

OVJ! OVJ! OVJ!

:D

stoops the eternal pimp
11/18/2008, 11:32 AM
I would be bringing some OVJ but I sold the tickets I got and probably won't make it...

Since71ASooner4Life
11/18/2008, 10:39 PM
For us out of towners who dont know their way around, are there plenty of nearby spots to park if the tailgate spots are all taken? (I'm not talking about free parking, I mean the neighbors letting you park on their lawn for $20 or whatever)

How early does one need to arrive to get one of these reasonably close by parking spots?

Is the tailgate location within decent walking distance to the stadium?

Being from out of town, we're obviously not cooking anything to bring along. I know about the tip jar, but still hate to show up empty handed - is there somewhere local we could pick up something that is special known to the locals, or would that just be too untraditional / artificial?

And last but not least, is the tailgate a safe place to bring your better half? Her ears have heard plenty (Sopranos is her favorite show) but I just want to know that she wont be the only woman there and have to listen to more vulgar men on top of the ones she works with M~F

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/19/2008, 09:28 AM
For us out of towners who dont know their way around, are there plenty of nearby spots to park if the tailgate spots are all taken? (I'm not talking about free parking, I mean the neighbors letting you park on their lawn for $20 or whatever)

How early does one need to arrive to get one of these reasonably close by parking spots?

Being from out of town, we're obviously not cooking anything to bring along. I know about the tip jar, but still hate to show up empty handed - is there somewhere local we could pick up something that is special known to the locals, or would that just be too untraditional / artificial?

And last but not least, is the tailgate a safe place to bring your better half? Her ears have heard plenty (Sopranos is her favorite show) but I just want to know that she wont be the only woman there and have to listen to more vulgar men on top of the ones she works with M~F
There are quite a few of us women who attend and lots of times we are just as dirty mouthed as the dudes. Don't worry about not bringing food, but if you insist our group is pretty easy to please.

C&CDean
11/19/2008, 10:27 AM

If you get there by 3 there should be parking available at the tailgate. If not, there's lots of parking just north of there. We're 3 blocks from the stadium, and it takes maybe 5-10 minutes to walk there. You'll wait longer in the security line than it takes to walk over there. We are a laid back and respectable bunch. It's not like we're a bunch of drunken college kids - we're just drunken adults...

Come on by and have some fun. Don't worry about bringing anything to eat or drink. We've got it covered.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/19/2008, 11:31 AM
OK boys and girls, an update:

Mrs. Dean will be going to Chicago on Friday, and won't return until 9pm on Saturday night. She'll be there to help clean up, but she won't be there to set-up, etc. like usual. The normal smooth running SF.com tailgate is going to certainly have a man's touch this weekend, so be prepared. She will be preparing the chili on Thursday, but she won't be able to do the cornbread.

So, who can bring some cornbread? I've got the fritos/cheese/sour cream/etc. all covered. I've got the beer, booze, and ice. But not the CB. Who's in?

Men... what would you do without us?

Cornbread.. it's called Jiffy! :D

soonermagicgirl
11/19/2008, 07:33 PM

There are plenty of us women at the tailgate..Hell some people bring their kids. So you are good to go! Don't be shy..talk to anyone here. introduce your selves have a few drinks there will be all kinds there including plenty of non-alcholic. If you want to bring something store bought you can bring some type of dessert...cookies, cake, cupcakes etc..anything with sugar and you will make Dean happy LOL

See ya there!

OUFAN29
11/22/2008, 07:28 PM
Did soonersweetie drink any ovj for me?

olevetonahill
11/23/2008, 12:21 AM
Did soonersweetie drink any ovj for me?

I bet theres a **** load of drunks there Now . I sent almost 3 Gallons .:D

soonerboy_odanorth
11/23/2008, 03:12 AM
That... was... teh....awesome!

We iz can has bestest tailgatz n chiliz!

Thanks again, all!

Back to Minnesnowta with me....

StoopTroup
11/23/2008, 09:22 AM
We had another awesome time.

Thanks to Olevet...I think there was one jar left when we headed Home.

Everybody that wanted to take a little with them got some.

Some who said they would never drink it again...held true to their words.

It's not the kind of stuff for your average teasipper type. :D

Thanks OV!

Thank to Dean and Phil and their Wives for all the hard work. It was a very memorable year at SF.Com Tailgates this year.

BOOMER SOONER ! ! !

olevetonahill
11/23/2008, 09:39 AM
Well Dean gets the Left Overs :D
It aint the OVJ that messes Ya up , Its Not Knowing How Much to Drink .;)
Glad all had a Great time , Wish I could have Made it there .

StoopTroup
11/23/2008, 09:53 AM
Well Dean gets the Left Overs :D
It aint the OVJ that messes Ya up , Its Not Knowing How Much to Drink .;)
Glad all had a Great time , Wish I could have Made it there .

Not knowing how much....

That's some really important information right there...LMAO!

We tried to call you OV. Where the heck we're you?

olevetonahill
11/23/2008, 09:59 AM
Not knowing how much....

That's some really important information right there...LMAO!

We tried to call you OV. Where the heck we're you?

During the Game ?
I dont answer My phone .

olevetonahill
11/23/2008, 10:10 AM
Oh and I tried to Call you Back Like 2 Minutes after you called .;)

StoopTroup
11/23/2008, 10:22 AM
Oh and I tried to Call you Back Like 2 Minutes after you called .;)

I think the juice was kicking in by then...lol

Yeah it was before the game.

SouthFortySooner
11/23/2008, 02:03 PM
Wow! Me- Two bowls (hotsa) chili. My son- 25 chocolate chip (homeade) cookies. Good time. Thanks to all. :D

bluedogok
11/23/2008, 10:19 PM
We left OKC too late and I found that the parking situation has changed much since two years ago, so we got there late and had to find parking. We will have to pick a game next season (since the Tech game is in Lubbock) and get down there early enough with some time to do everything.

We ended up getting back to Austin around 7:00 tonite and saw quite a few cars heading back south with OU and Tech stuff on them, not too many with both like ours. We saw many, many of them heading up there on Friday.