View Full Version : Updated Individual Stats

SteelClip49
11/10/2008, 01:59 PM
From ESPN.com.....

Passing Yards: (1) Harrell 4077 (2) Bradford 3406

Passing TD/INT: (1) Bradford 38/6 (2) Harrell 36/5

Rush Yards/TD: Bradford: 24 yards for 4 TD Harrell: -5 yards for 6 TD

QB Ratings: Bradford is #2; Harrell is #7

So, I ask you this. Why is harrell getting all the love and not Bradford? Is it because TTU is undefeated and beat Texas while Oklahoma didn't? Will the OU/TTU game settle who the frontrunner will be? I guess this is the game you can label where the top 2 quarterbacks in the country will be on the same field in 2 weeks.

Boomer.....
11/10/2008, 02:09 PM
Of course it is because they are undefeated. You didn't hear Harrell's name much before they beat UT. If we beat them in Norman, the names will change again and probably favor Bradford barring a bad performance.

You could have also said the top 2 qbs were on the same field in Lubbock when UT visited.

SteelClip49
11/10/2008, 02:12 PM
that is true and McCoy prior to that game was being dubbed as the frontrunner so hopefully Bradford will get the same amount of respect IF OU wins big over the bellringers.

oumartin
11/10/2008, 02:28 PM
nah, Bradford is a system QB.. ;)

Frozen Sooner
11/10/2008, 02:28 PM
You know, Sam has a decent shot at breaking the OU record for TD passes in a season next week.

StoopTroup
11/10/2008, 02:31 PM
From ESPN.com.....

Passing Yards: (1) Harrell 4077 (2) Bradford 3406

Passing TD/INT: (1) Bradford 38/6 (2) Harrell 36/5

Rush Yards/TD: Bradford: 24 yards for 4 TD Harrell: -5 yards for 6 TD

QB Ratings: Bradford is #2; Harrell is #7

So, I ask you this. Why is harrell getting all the love and not Bradford? Is it because TTU is undefeated and beat Texas while Oklahoma didn't? Will the OU/TTU game settle who the frontrunner will be? I guess this is the game you can label where the top 2 quarterbacks in the country will be on the same field in 2 weeks.

Maybe because of guys like this?

By Bruce Feldman, ESPN.com

I love how Graham Harrell shined on the big stage Saturday night, out-dueling Colt McCoy. Harrell hit on 36 of 53 passes for 474 yards in the Red Raiders' 39-33 upset of the No. 1 Longhorns. Best of all was his last-minute TD drive to win the game. He threw a perfect pass by two defenders into such a small window to Michael Crabtree for the winning score. I don't know whether Harrell and Tech can survive the rest of the brutal swing they've now started, but if they can, that pass will be Harrell's defining Heisman Trophy moment. It's been really impressive how this guy, who has put up stunning numbers the previous two seasons, has improved this year and gotten even sharper. Things now are just that much crisper. Even though his completion percentage isn't any higher (it's "only" 71 percent), his yards-per-attempt has once again gone up close to a full yard from the previous season and his INTs are down -- he's on pace to throw just seven, half of his total in 2007. He's also been sacked only five times, a number that reflects not only on Tech's O-line but also on his pocket presence and ability to unload the football.

I have Sam Bradford fifth, although I was tempted to sub in a couple of other players from the same state here (Oklahoma State's Kendall Hunter or Dez Bryant). Bradford's buzz has quieted since Oklahoma lost to Texas, while McCoy and Harrell have grabbed a lot of the spotlight. It's not Bradford's fault. He runs a superb offense that might be the best in the country. He's on pace to throw 45 TDs and just 8 INTs, not bad considering he's spent a lot of second halves on the sideline watching. He's also one of only three QBs who average double figures in yards per pass attempt. Ironically enough, the other two are also QBs from the Sooner State (Tulsa's David Johnson and OSU's Zac Robinson.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/index (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/heisman/index)

Lott's Bandana
11/10/2008, 03:08 PM
Leinart's Heisman Numbers:

269/412 65.3%
3322yds 33 TD 6 Int 3 rushTD