PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stoops says Alexander has 3 balls...

stoopified
11/10/2008, 11:53 AM
...gameballs that is,in the last 4 games.That means Frank must be playing pretty darn good.I would point out at this time that I picked Alexander and Broyles as impact fresmen for this year.I'm hoping that Alexander gets his 4th gameball against TT.

The Maestro
11/10/2008, 11:57 AM
Me and some of my crew think Alexander is our best defensive player. Dude makes an impact almost every play.

My Opinion Matters
11/10/2008, 12:04 PM
Me and some of my crew think Alexander is our best defensive player. Dude makes an impact almost every play.

Best? I don't know about that one yet, chief. He's certainly freakishly athletic though.

stoopified
11/10/2008, 12:26 PM
Best? I don't know about that one yet, chief. He's certainly freakishly athletic though.I agree with MOM,a little early for that.I would say McCoy/healthy English/Beal/Lewis/Holmes.

The Maestro
11/10/2008, 12:31 PM
That's why they are opinions. But if you don't think he has already outplayed English this year...well...we watch games differently.

My Opinion Matters
11/10/2008, 12:33 PM
That's why they are opinions. But if you don't think he has already outplayed English this year...well...we watch games differently.

I agree that he looked unstoppable at times against aTm, but their offensive line is really, really bad. I think Jeremy Beal has been the most consistent end all year.

The Maestro
11/10/2008, 12:35 PM
I agree that he looked unstoppable at times against aTm, but their offensive line is really, really bad. I think Jeremy Beal has been the most consistent end all year.

Regardless, it is great to have dominant defensive ends on both sides.

And Box is getting better every game. I like the way he tackles...none of this "drag you to the ground" crap. He hits.

We will learn a lot more about this defense and how much it has improved in two weeks. Just saw some delayed blitzes again and hate those things. It's like counting, "One Mississippi, Two Mississippi..." before we blitz!

OUmillenium
11/10/2008, 01:46 PM
I actually think the delayed blitzes might work against Tech's line. They do a great job at picking up regular blitzes. The OSU delayed blitz seemed to be there best chance but Harrel was picking it up and getting rid of it quickly. Hopefully he won't pick up ours every single time we do it and we can get 1 or 2 good sticks on him or turnovers. That may be the difference in the game. Because you know our D will give up massive yards and plenty of points. By the way Maestro, I agree with about 99.9% of your posts, you are the man.

Blitzkrieg
11/10/2008, 02:30 PM
Beal will be da man against Taco Tech. There, I said it.

My Opinion Matters
11/10/2008, 02:32 PM
Regardless, it is great to have dominant defensive ends on both sides.

And Box is getting better every game. I like the way he tackles...none of this "drag you to the ground" crap. He hits.

We will learn a lot more about this defense and how much it has improved in two weeks. Just saw some delayed blitzes again and hate those things. It's like counting, "One Mississippi, Two Mississippi..." before we blitz!

I've been impressed with Box too. It seems he's come a long way in a short amount of time. He seems to have really good football instincts.

primetime43
11/10/2008, 03:40 PM
Bottom line is Frank Alexander is a game changer. He makes plays everytime he is in the game. I think a key to this game is for our d line to get there hands up and deflect passes because its hard to get to Harrel. If we blitz I think it will be a mistake.

BTW who do you guys think is a better matchup on Crabtree? I'm leaning towards Brian Jackson. Thank God Marcus Walker graduated!

JLEW1818
11/10/2008, 03:41 PM
I would say that not one player on defense sticks out that much more than any other player. So Frank could be the best

stoops the eternal pimp
11/10/2008, 04:24 PM
Bottom line is Frank Alexander is a game changer. He makes plays everytime he is in the game. I think a key to this game is for our d line to get there hands up and deflect passes because its hard to get to Harrel. If we blitz I think it will be a mistake.

BTW who do you guys think is a better matchup on Crabtree? I'm leaning towards Brian Jackson. Thank God Marcus Walker graduated!

Something that may happen is that they man up on Crabtree with Jackson like what they did to Rashaun Woods in the 52-9 game, and zone the others

BoonesFarmSooner
11/10/2008, 04:53 PM
Bob Stoops says Alexander has 3 balls...

Lance Armstrong thinks Stoops and Frank Alexander are running up the score...

The Maestro
11/10/2008, 04:56 PM
Lance Armstrong thinks Stoops and Frank Alexander are running up the score...

T-Bone Pickens rides again!!!

JLEW1818
11/10/2008, 04:56 PM
That is funny BFS