PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sooner, give a reason I should feel you'll beat Raider

footballfanatic
11/10/2008, 10:21 AM
As apparently I have to hold my nose and root for you to beat Raider, (I'm not convinced that's better for Longhorn but that's another discussion) give me reasons why Sooner will win. Your offense is strong but do you feel your secondary can slow down their offense enough? Our defense gave up 30 points to them on the road (they scored a safety and a PICK 6), on the road, so they can be slowed, but they still gained a slew of yards. Tell me how you can do it.

C&CDean
11/10/2008, 10:24 AM
1. We ain't "Sooner." We're the Sooners. Save that weakass **** for aggy.

2. We'll beat them by scoring more points. Novel concept, I know.

3. We owe them.

OUDoc
11/10/2008, 10:27 AM
Because we're better than they are.

JohnnyMack
11/10/2008, 10:27 AM
Because Bob Stoops said so.

footballfanatic
11/10/2008, 10:29 AM
1. We ain't "Sooner." We're the Sooners. Save that weakass **** for aggy.

2. We'll beat them by scoring more points. Novel concept, I know.

3. We owe them.

1. You are Sooner, Aggie is Aggie.

2. Please elaborate.

3. I know, I know, you "owe" them, but in your last end of the world, "revenge" game against them two years ago, you were behind much of the game, and your win wasn't a traditional "all wrongs are righted" affair, so i discount that thinking.

Widescreen
11/10/2008, 10:30 AM
If footballfanatic wasn't on my ignore list, I could potentially respond to whatever he/she is saying.

The Maestro
11/10/2008, 10:31 AM
Mike Leach's last win in Norman came in 1999. When he was the OC there.

footballfanatic
11/10/2008, 10:37 AM

So do you feel you will slow down their attack enough to win?

SouthFortySooner
11/10/2008, 10:39 AM
There are any number of threads here already which outline our opinion. Your post of the same question stinks. No, really its dead horse stupid stinky. Not original stinky. I don't mind you here, in fact it is entertaining, but, don't be dumb. stinky dumb. stupid

EDIT: sorry for the outrage. it was just an answer to the "you are sooner" quip.
carry on.

The Maestro
11/10/2008, 10:43 AM

I think the game comes down to turnovers. I really am not sure either team can slow down the other. But if one team has a few more TO's than the other, I think that is a HUGE edge and difference maker. OU's defense is getting real good at forcing TO's and Sam, as we all know, is not that prone to throw picks. Neither is Harrell, but this is in Norman and OU has lost twice there in 10 years.

It will be interesting to see if either team can get pressure on the other's QB as well. OU's ends are playing great right now...Alexander and Beal HAVE to be better than what TT has right now. And the running game factor. Murray and Brown are both running better than they ever have. OU has the edge in that department as well.

Should be another classic game. First one to 50 wins!

footballfanatic
11/10/2008, 10:45 AM
There are any number of threads here already which outline our opinion. Your post of the same question stinks. No, really its dead horse stupid stinky. Not original stinky. I don't mind you here, in fact it is entertaining, but, don't be dumb. stinky dumb. stupid

Well, thanks for the backhanded compliment, I suppose. I'm not sure why my post is stupid, since no one in any of the other beloved threads you mention has successfully provided an answer to my question. However, I did enjoy your thread purely for other reasons. It's somewhat poetic, in an E.E. Cummings sort of a way.

boomersooner28
11/10/2008, 10:53 AM
We will give up a ton of yards to Tech as well, BUT the way OUr defense is set up is to not allow the BIG play and shut them down once they are inside OUr 20. We must hold them to field goal attempts and not give up the big play...especially to Crabtree. Also, you have to get pressure on Harrell...with 4 guys. OUr d-line will have to play their game of the year. If you don't pressure Harrell, he will pick you apart. You can't cover all of those receivers for very long. Hopefully we can mix in some nice blitz packages and knock him around as well...maybe force a pick or 4. :D

(oh, and Tech is on the road...not at home)

NORMAN WILL BE ROCKIN COME GAME TIME!

oupride
11/10/2008, 10:57 AM

Hat's off to you Maestro!

BuckyB
11/10/2008, 11:06 AM
Because Bob Stoops said so.

bingo.

TexasLidig8r
11/10/2008, 11:20 AM
Without Ryan Reynolds, it's going to be very difficult for you to cover the underneath routes.

The 4 wide receiver sets that Greg Davis came up with that seemed to bamboozle Venables are going to to be seen ad nauseum by the Pirates. We were able to put Shipley in the slot and iso him on a linebacker which resulted in dump off passes, slants and hook patterns in open areas.

Venables is going to have to come up with a defense package where he finds a way to roll a safety on top of Crabtree and hope your other DBs can man up on Tech's other receivers while getting pressure on Dark Helmet.

Then comes the pressure of knowing you have to score.. often and methodically since in all likelihood, Tech is going to put up a lot of points. Pressure leads to mistakes.

regardless.. it looks to be a good game.

http://www.aggies9496.com/Images/ClasslessClowns/mike-leach-pirate1.jpg

Knippz
11/10/2008, 11:51 AM

We will stop them on a few drives, and force a couple of key turnovers. From there, we will keep scoring. It's not about us holding them, it's about them holding us. And that won't happen. Our defense isn't the key to the game, it's Tech's D (or our O).

Knippz
11/10/2008, 11:53 AM
Without Ryan Reynolds, it's going to be very difficult for you to cover the underneath routes.

The 4 wide receiver sets that Greg Davis came up with that seemed to bamboozle Venables are going to to be seen ad nauseum by the Pirates. We were able to put Shipley in the slot and iso him on a linebacker which resulted in dump off passes, slants and hook patterns in open areas.

Venables is going to have to come up with a defense package where he finds a way to roll a safety on top of Crabtree and hope your other DBs can man up on Tech's other receivers while getting pressure on Dark Helmet.

Then comes the pressure of knowing you have to score.. often and methodically since in all likelihood, Tech is going to put up a lot of points. Pressure leads to mistakes.

regardless.. it looks to be a good game.

http://www.aggies9496.com/Images/ClasslessClowns/mike-leach-pirate1.jpg

We move Harris to LB for the game. He's normally a safety, so he'll have the speed to keep up with Tech's mid-attacks. And we don't play cover 2 like Okie Lite. We'll give them much more pressure too.

htownsooner7
11/10/2008, 12:03 PM
In college football, momentum is everything. I imagine you can recall that feeling when you were down 19-0 in the first half to Tech and you said to yourself, "WTF, they aren't that good." And the truth is, you were right when you thought that. Tech is, and has been, a very streaky team. If you can frustrate them and never let them on track, they come down to earth. Many teams have done it over the years and OU has been one of them. Hell, Colorado drilled them at home last year, Nebraska had them on the ropes at home this year. It can be done, but it takes execution and a little luck. In addition to these momentum issues, I believe OU simply is the better team and is playing at home. That really should be enough. As for Lid's comments about the 4 receiver sets, we will be ready for it this time. You know damn well that was a surprise. Probably one of Davis' best coaching jobs ever. But just like G W Bush so eloquently said, "fool me once, the shame is on.. or fool me twice.er. .. well, it won't happen again, that's for sure."

boomermagic
11/10/2008, 12:03 PM
As apparently I have to hold my nose and root for you to beat Raider, (I'm not convinced that's better for Longhorn but that's another discussion) give me reasons why Sooner will win. Your offense is strong but do you feel your secondary can slow down their offense enough? Our defense gave up 30 points to them on the road (they scored a safety and a PICK 6), on the road, so they can be slowed, but they still gained a slew of yards. Tell me how you can do it.

We don't have to give you a reason why we will win.. We don't have to give a whorn anything at all.. I don't know if we will win or not but they don't know either...

JohnnyMack
11/10/2008, 12:05 PM
Michael Crabtree is a witch. I know that.

But they're still Sand Aggie, so we win.

Widescreen
11/10/2008, 12:18 PM
Night game at home. I doubt Harrell will have ever heard the decibels he's going to hear the evening of the 22nd.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/10/2008, 12:21 PM
I'm not sure why my post is stupid, since no one in any of the other beloved threads you mention has successfully provided an answer to my question.

OK, I'll take the challenge. Tech will not be able play both safeties 15 yds off the line and control the line of scrimmage. OU's running game will rip them a new one. When they bring an extra safety up we'll stretch them deep and go over the top. Gresham is something else they won't be able handle. You can also expect a few big catches by Clapp and DM.

When they're on offense 'the Sooners' will get to Harrell. Hurry him, hit him, and sack him. I hope he brings some extra uniforms because he will get dirty. Hopefully, the zebras will finally flag the other team for all the holding that's going on.

As long as our 'special' teams hold up, we're going to be OK. Sure hope that it doesn't come down to a long field goal.

SOONERxWife73
11/10/2008, 12:25 PM
becuz we are OU. nuf said.

jwlynn64
11/10/2008, 12:47 PM
As they dragged him away, Rorschach spoke to the other inmates.

He said "None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me!"

- The Watchmen

Hey shorthorn, give me a reason I should feel like Raider will beat OU!

WildBlueSooner
11/10/2008, 12:50 PM
What a ******! We dont need to tell you how we will win. OU plays up to potential= OU win. 'Nuff said.

Knippz
11/10/2008, 12:51 PM
As they dragged him away, Rorschach spoke to the other inmates.

He said "None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me!"

- The Watchmen

Hey shorthorn, give me a reason I should feel like Raider will beat OU!

Good call. Spec for that.

footballfanatic
11/10/2008, 12:52 PM
Texas got killed by uncalled holding penalties. I know it's part of the game, and it's not the reason we lost, but it sure made things tougher.

tommieharris91
11/10/2008, 12:53 PM

You guys want us to win because Tech clinches the Big XII South if they win.

footballfanatic
11/10/2008, 12:53 PM
OK, I'll take the challenge. Tech will not be able play both safeties 15 yds off the line and control the line of scrimmage. OU's running game will rip them a new one. When they bring an extra safety up we'll stretch them deep and go over the top. Gresham is something else they won't be able handle. You can also expect a few big catches by Clapp and DM.

When they're on offense 'the Sooners' will get to Harrell. Hurry him, hit him, and sack him. I hope he brings some extra uniforms because he will get dirty. Hopefully, the zebras will finally flag the other team for all the holding that's going on.

As long as our 'special' teams hold up, we're going to be OK. Sure hope that it doesn't come down to a long field goal.

That's a good assessment. Thanks.

footballfanatic
11/10/2008, 12:55 PM
What a ******! We dont need to tell you how we will win. OU plays up to potential= OU win. 'Nuff said.

Sooner played up to potential against Longhorn and still lost. Longhorn played way below potential against Raider and lost.

WildBlueSooner
11/10/2008, 12:56 PM
Texas got killed by uncalled holding penalties. I know it's part of the game, and it's not the reason we lost, but it sure made things tougher.

Don't want to hear it. I any team is suffering of uncalled holding it is us. We have had like 2 called against our opponents all year! Keep that stuff to yourself.

WildBlueSooner
11/10/2008, 12:57 PM
Sooner played up to potential against Longhorn and still lost. Longhorn played way below potential against Raider and lost.

The Sooners did not play up to potential against shorthorn. You obviously only know shorthorn standards.

jwlynn64
11/10/2008, 01:19 PM
By up to potential he means losing your Defensive Play Caller and Middle Linebacker for the entire second half.

Way to show your football savy fbfanatic. :rolleyes:

JLEW1818
11/10/2008, 01:26 PM
Because Nic Harris is going to do some things that make me call him Roy Williams

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/10/2008, 01:49 PM
If footballfanatic wasn't on my ignore list, I could potentially respond to whatever he/she is saying.It's not yet saying anthing one wouldn't expect from an obnoxious whorn. It hasn't yet made my ignore list. In fact, I don't have any known whorns on ignore.

Vaevictis
11/10/2008, 01:54 PM

Was this a problem in Dallas? Yes, absolutely. But, we're now several weeks removed from Reynolds being knocked out of commission, not several minutes. Hopefully, Venables has had time to reflect upon the issue and come up with some adjustments to mitigate the problem.

For what it's worth, our defense has forced something like 13 turnovers in the past three games. The quality of competition is down, but it may also be a sign of improvement. If it's mostly attributable to the latter, look for our defense to make some big plays that will turn the game.

We're playing in Norman, and we get much, much better results at home than away or on a neutral field.

Really, the main thing that worries me is our kick-off coverage.

zeke
11/10/2008, 02:02 PM

:rolleyes:

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/10/2008, 02:07 PM

Wrong!!!!!!!! Sooners played a very poor 4th quarter and lost their double digit lead. Up to then, it was a whuppin.

RUF/NEK N TX
11/10/2008, 02:19 PM
We win b/c Austin Box is not seeing the field for the first time like he was in Big D. Give us the INT in the endzone and we're still up and hold on in that game. I know, I know... could'a should'a would'a. Thing is, Bob Stoops and the defensive staff do more with the talent they recruit than any other coaching staff in football. Austin Box and the rest of the D will see every Red Raider offensive play from the past three seasons over and over for the next two weeks. Tech sure looks pretty running the ball against the OKie-Lite defensive line, but this is Norman-D, not Stoolwater-D. Tech will pass and pass and pass, but the run game WILL NOT be there like it was last Saturday in Lubbock.

There's no arogance here. Anything can happen on Saturdays in college football (Right Penn St.?), but bottom line, we'll line our 11 up against their 11 and we'll see the most complete offensive team I can remember seeing in the history of college football rack up another 50. I believe the phrase goes, "Knife through warm butter". That's the OU-O vs. the TT-D. If we give up 51 and lose, enjoy your runner-up game. We don't just need to win, we need to win convinceingly to have the higher BCS avg. to make it to the Big 12 championship game (We HAVE been there quite a few times, remember? Thanks A & M)

But the real reason we win is: This isn't a BCS game or a game on the road to an inferior opponent. There's no looking past Tech to OK-St.

For those that like the action: TAKE THE OVER!!!

SoonersEnFuego
11/10/2008, 02:26 PM
Actually Austin Box never saw the field in Dallas...

meoveryouxinfinity
11/10/2008, 02:34 PM
Tech will have to choose their poison. Have you seen what DeMarco Murray has been doing lately? Don't talk about our competition and their defenses latey (A&M, Nebraksa, Kansas). We weren't running the ball on the ground that well vs UT Chatty, for God's sake! DeMarco (and CB for that matter) has been nothing short of amazing. He is shifty, quick, making the right cuts, and protecting the ball. This is not something we saw vs Texas. Not to mention, he is an absolute THREAT in the slot. Forget about butterfingers Jermaine Gresham, DeMarco has hands and does not drop a ball. Sam's on fire. He was in the the Texas game. Same with the receivers. But the difference in the Tech game will be having DeMarco at 100% and the deafening home field advantage. Think about it, we were undefeated through the big XII at home with a Brett Romar quarterbacked team. We will not lose vs Tech at home. Not this year. The home crowd does a lot for us, as does Lubbock for Tech. I honestly believe Texas would have SHELLACKED Tech in Austin. Lubbock's crazy, and them playing at home vs Texas was their only hope.

The defense is improving. Yeah, we haven't played any world beaters on offense lately, but we are not as bad as advertised. It's our kick off coverage giving opposing teams great field position that's killing OU. Texas A&M was held to basically 14 points.

A&M had drives of:
1st quarter:
2 yards (punt), -13 yards (punt), 16 yards (punt), 0 yards (punt)
2nd quarter:
25 yards (TD after huge kickoff return), 5 yards (punt), 75 yards (TD), 31 yards (TO on downs)
3rd quarter (at this point the score is 38-14):
2 yards (punt), 5 yards (INT), 0 yards (RETURN FOR A TD ON KICKOFF), 1 yard (INT), 13 yards (drive ended in a FUMBLE- returned for a OU touchdown)
4th quarter:
20 yards (TO on downs), 83 yards (TD), 4 yards (fumble)

So that's 16 possessions. 2 real drives of 75 and 83 yards. 2 big returns.
The other 12 A&M possession, our defense stepped up, creating turnovers, ints, and 3 and outs--in College Station.
Not as bad as advertised. In fact, with how many chances our opponents have, it's nothing short of "pretty dang good". The kickoff coverage is major suckage though. So go ahead and chalk up 14 points for Tech on special teams. We still win.

JLEW1818
11/10/2008, 02:38 PM
Going to knock that lil smile off Grams face

TexasLidig8r
11/10/2008, 02:51 PM

There's no arogance here. Anything can happen on Saturdays in college football (Right Penn St.?), but bottom line, we'll line our 11 up against their 11 and we'll see the most complete offensive team I can remember seeing in the history of college football rack up another 50.

For the love of God and everything holy!!!!

This years OU team.. THIS YEAR'S is the "most complete offensive team you can remember seeing in the history of college football????"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

badger
11/10/2008, 02:53 PM

This years OU team.. THIS YEAR'S is the "most complete offensive team you can remember seeing in the history of college football????"

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Is it all right if I make my whorn avatar roll it's eyes as much as you have in that post? How bout I just cover up the logo with all the rolling eyes that you just posted?

OKLA21FAN
11/10/2008, 02:53 PM

nahhhhhhhh that was the '04 offense....or so we were told!!!!! :pop:

footballfanatic
11/10/2008, 02:55 PM
Tech will have to choose their poison. Have you seen what DeMarco Murray has been doing lately? Don't talk about our competition and their defenses latey (A&M, Nebraksa, Kansas). We weren't running the ball on the ground that well vs UT Chatty, for God's sake! DeMarco (and CB for that matter) has been nothing short of amazing. He is shifty, quick, making the right cuts, and protecting the ball. This is not something we saw vs Texas. Not to mention, he is an absolute THREAT in the slot. Forget about butterfingers Jermaine Gresham, DeMarco has hands and does not drop a ball. Sam's on fire. He was in the the Texas game. Same with the receivers. But the difference in the Tech game will be having DeMarco at 100% and the deafening home field advantage. Think about it, we were undefeated through the big XII at home with a Brett Romar quarterbacked team. We will not lose vs Tech at home. Not this year. The home crowd does a lot for us, as does Lubbock for Tech. I honestly believe Texas would have SHELLACKED Tech in Austin. Lubbock's crazy, and them playing at home vs Texas was their only hope.

The defense is improving. Yeah, we haven't played any world beaters on offense lately, but we are not as bad as advertised. It's our kick off coverage giving opposing teams great field position that's killing OU. Texas A&M was held to basically 14 points.

A&M had drives of:
1st quarter:
2 yards (punt), -13 yards (punt), 16 yards (punt), 0 yards (punt)
2nd quarter:
25 yards (TD after huge kickoff return), 5 yards (punt), 75 yards (TD), 31 yards (TO on downs)
3rd quarter (at this point the score is 38-14):
2 yards (punt), 5 yards (INT), 0 yards (RETURN FOR A TD ON KICKOFF), 1 yard (INT), 13 yards (drive ended in a FUMBLE- returned for a OU touchdown)
4th quarter:
20 yards (TO on downs), 83 yards (TD), 4 yards (fumble)

So that's 16 possessions. 2 real drives of 75 and 83 yards. 2 big returns.
The other 12 A&M possession, our defense stepped up, creating turnovers, ints, and 3 and outs--in College Station.
Not as bad as advertised. In fact, with how many chances our opponents have, it's nothing short of "pretty dang good". The kickoff coverage is major suckage though. So go ahead and chalk up 14 points for Tech on special teams. We still win.

Fabulous. Lots of heady and impressive statistics against the worst team in the Big 12 South. I think it's going to take something more reliable to make me sleep well for two weeks.

htownsooner7
11/10/2008, 02:59 PM
You guys are in trouble either way. If Tech wins, you're out. If OU wins and looks good, we will be awfully close to jumping you. Then we'll have another primetime game against a quality opponent the next week. You better hope you don't look lackluster against Kansas or, gulp, A&M. You don't have much to gain and do have a lot to lose.

Piware
11/10/2008, 03:41 PM

We don't have to justify jack to you and please feel free to root for Tech. Wouldn't be the first time shorthorn fans showed up at a game to support our opponent. I, on the other hand, wouldn't drive across Tulsa to see UT you guys play the NY Giants.

It won't matter to us one or way or another and it sure won't affect the outgame of the game. This is about the Sooners - not a sorry Whorn.

OUDoc
11/10/2008, 03:49 PM
If we win out, texas is toast and maybe Holiday bowl-bound.
IF we win out.

stoopified
11/10/2008, 03:52 PM
I'll give you three:
1)Better Coach
2)Better QB
3)Owen Field

meoveryouxinfinity
11/10/2008, 03:52 PM
Fabulous. Lots of heady and impressive statistics against the worst team in the Big 12 South. I think it's going to take something more reliable to make me sleep well for two weeks.

My god. You wanted an answer, I gave you one. You come back with a 3 sentence reply? I'm just saying we are NOT letting shotty A&M score 28 on us like the media wants you to believe. They scored ONE true TD when it mattered & one when it didn't.

Obviously the strength of OU's defense is creating turnovers, when they don't, the opponent either gets shut down or scores at will--usually the latter. Why does OU play so inconsistent? I would attribute this more to the opposing quarterbacks in the league.

Let's take a look at Dallas.
1st quarter:
57 yards (FG), 13 yards (punt), -3 yards (punt)
2nd quarter:
0 yards (TD on a kickoff return), 80 yards (TD), 51 yards (FG)
3rd quarter:
0 yards (punt), 89 yards (TD), 32 yards (FG)
4th quarter:
74 yards (TD), 80 yards (TD), 3 yards (punt)

Reynolds went out somewhere in the 3rd q. No excuses, but you're blind if you say that wasn't the changing point in our defense. We weren't world beats before that, but Texas was driving at will after that point.
Obviously Texas was not going to beat us with FGs. And that's what makes their long drives so impressive. Our special teams were not AS bad we Sooners seem to think in this game. They did not give the game away. The defense, when it mattered, did.

Like I said in my other post, we will beat Tech because DeMarco Murray.

What we didn't have vs Texas:
1) DeMarco Murray or Chris Brown available to run the ball--even on 3rd and short it was a tossup.
2) DeMarco Murray in the slot.
3) A viable option to take over at MLB for Ryan Reynolds. I'm not saying Box will have a great game or anything, I just think he's got to be better than Crow was versus Texas.

Write that down.

P.S. Texas is not Tech, I know. Rather, Texas is better than Texas Tech. The better team does not always win.

JLEW1818
11/10/2008, 03:58 PM
There is no possible way in hell Texas will be in the holiday bowl if they win out. Do the math

stoopified
11/10/2008, 04:07 PM
I'll give you three:
1)Better Coach
2)Better QB
3)Owen Field

The Maestro
11/10/2008, 04:24 PM
Here is a nugget. Texas Tech has NEVER beaten Texas and OU in the same year.

JLEW1818
11/10/2008, 04:30 PM
Stoops

footballfanatic
11/10/2008, 04:49 PM
My god. You wanted an answer, I gave you one. You come back with a 3 sentence reply? I'm just saying we are NOT letting shotty A&M score 28 on us like the media wants you to believe. They scored ONE true TD when it mattered & one when it didn't.

Obviously the strength of OU's defense is creating turnovers, when they don't, the opponent either gets shut down or scores at will--usually the latter. Why does OU play so inconsistent? I would attribute this more to the opposing quarterbacks in the league.

Let's take a look at Dallas.
1st quarter:
57 yards (FG), 13 yards (punt), -3 yards (punt)
2nd quarter:
0 yards (TD on a kickoff return), 80 yards (TD), 51 yards (FG)
3rd quarter:
0 yards (punt), 89 yards (TD), 32 yards (FG)
4th quarter:
74 yards (TD), 80 yards (TD), 3 yards (punt)

Reynolds went out somewhere in the 3rd q. No excuses, but you're blind if you say that wasn't the changing point in our defense. We weren't world beats before that, but Texas was driving at will after that point.
Obviously Texas was not going to beat us with FGs. And that's what makes their long drives so impressive. Our special teams were not AS bad we Sooners seem to think in this game. They did not give the game away. The defense, when it mattered, did.

Like I said in my other post, we will beat Tech because DeMarco Murray.

What we didn't have vs Texas:
1) DeMarco Murray or Chris Brown available to run the ball--even on 3rd and short it was a tossup.
2) DeMarco Murray in the slot.
3) A viable option to take over at MLB for Ryan Reynolds. I'm not saying Box will have a great game or anything, I just think he's got to be better than Crow was versus Texas.

Write that down.

P.S. Texas is not Tech, I know. Rather, Texas is better than Texas Tech. The better team does not always win.

No argument about the better team losing sometimes. But using Aggie stats to show how well you did is like the US going to war with North Korea based in we did in Grenada. The comparisons are pointless.

Stats against Aggie have no bearing in how you are going to do against Raider. The Aggies may be the most wretched team in recent big 12 SOuth memory, based on how they should be doing. Call me crazy, but I think Tech is a little more capable on offense than Aggie.

I've heard a lot of Murray in this thread. Is he healthier than he was against Texas, cause all of the Texas pundits assumed he was injured based on his non performance. Perhaps it was the Texas defense being tougher than the previous year. We just don't know.

I haven't decided what is better for Texas, OU or Tech winning. Assume Bama will drop a game to Florida.

footballfanatic
11/10/2008, 10:52 PM
Tech will have to choose their poison. Have you seen what DeMarco Murray has been doing lately? Don't talk about our competition and their defenses latey (A&M, Nebraksa, Kansas). We weren't running the ball on the ground that well vs UT Chatty, for God's sake! DeMarco (and CB for that matter) has been nothing short of amazing. He is shifty, quick, making the right cuts, and protecting the ball. This is not something we saw vs Texas.

That is not something you saw against Texas because Texas has a good rush defense. In case you haven't noticed, A&M, Nebraska and Kansas are bad teams.

Well, I feel certain that my sleep will be restless, as no one has really provided any truly fresh insights. Oh, I've heard plenty, either meaningless statistics piled high against horrific teams, overly-complicated game plans provided by (and I'll be charitable) unqualified observers, or the usual, mindless chest-pounding from the usual suspects. Between the BCS madness and the lack pf clarity provided here, it's going to be restless two weeks. Take care.

footballfanatic
11/10/2008, 10:56 PM

If you are going to post here, you going to have to learn to use better manners. There is no place here for such rude behavior.

footballfanatic
11/10/2008, 10:58 PM

EDIT: sorry for the outrage. it was just an answer to the "you are sooner" quip.
carry on.

No offense taken. Unlike some of the knuckle draggers that post here, you have a graceful wit that I appreciate.

OK2LA
11/10/2008, 11:06 PM
It would be nice to 'wreck' their season - like they did ours last year.

Johnny come lately would be a little mad . . .

tommieharris91
11/10/2008, 11:09 PM
If you are going to post here, you going to have to learn to use better manners. There is no place here for such rude behavior.

Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent basketball knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

tulsaoilerfan
11/10/2008, 11:13 PM

No, we didn't come close to our potential against :texan: , and :texan: played the game of their lives

tulsaoilerfan
11/10/2008, 11:14 PM
Actually Austin Box never saw the field in Dallas...

Maybe on kick coverage:D

CaliBornSoonerBred
11/10/2008, 11:29 PM
I really am starting to hate this thread but here's your answer
1. The most balanced offense in the country.
2. A ball hawking defense that does give up yards but has been creating turnovers with good play and great positioning.
3A. The game is in NORMAN, tech has yet to face a stiff challenge on the road and will finally do so in 2 weeks. Things are a little different on the road as we all well know.
3B. Our entire team plays different at home. Comfort level? I dont know but we play damn well at home. Sam lights up the show at home.
We will play our "A" game at home and will finally show the potential this team has had since the start of the season against a top opponent.

jdsooner
11/10/2008, 11:53 PM
How will we win? We score more points than Tech. Let's see if they can score more than 60, because the last two games we have 62 and 66. The fact of the matter is that OU is the highest scoring team in the Big 12. We have outscored TT 514--479. So, if OU and Tech reach their average, the score will be:

OU 51
Tech 48

OU-HSV
11/11/2008, 12:20 AM
How will we win? We score more points than Tech. Let's see if they can score more than 60, because the last two games we have 62 and 66. The fact of the matter is that OU is the highest scoring team in the Big 12. We have outscored TT 514--479. So, if OU and Tech reach their average, the score will be:

OU 51
Tech 48

You think we'll be able to kick a game winning field goal?? ;) You have more faith in our kicking game than I do.

I'm going with OU 56 Tech 42

thesnowbishop
11/11/2008, 12:28 AM

Why the hell should we care about how the hell you feel?

footballfanatic
11/11/2008, 12:44 AM
I really am starting to hate this thread but here's your answer
1. The most balanced offense in the country.
2. A ball hawking defense that does give up yards but has been creating turnovers with good play and great positioning.
3A. The game is in NORMAN, tech has yet to face a stiff challenge on the road and will finally do so in 2 weeks. Things are a little different on the road as we all well know.
3B. Our entire team plays different at home. Comfort level? I dont know but we play damn well at home. Sam lights up the show at home.
We will play our "A" game at home and will finally show the potential this team has had since the start of the season against a top opponent.

While it is an overstatement to call this the most balanced offense in the country (the rushing totals against my beloved Horns were disappointing, to say the least) the team can score. This is a good answer, composed by a lucid mind.

footballfanatic
11/11/2008, 12:48 AM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent basketball knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

I have been reading and rereading this post, and I can not determine the meaning of it. It is curious. Why basketball is noted, and why the poster feels compelled to state personal facts is beyond my comprehension. And I apologize for changing the subject, but before you take your business elsewhere, can you please tell me how to mend the antique wooden chair my daughter accidentally snapped in two?

BoulderSooner79
11/11/2008, 12:51 AM
The biggest single reason that we should beat Tech that I'm reading is the home field advantage. Not just the crowd noise, but our history of playing better. The second reason is that our running game is the best it has been all year. It's true that recent games have been against weak teams, but we were running poorly against all teams earlier in the year (including against UT). And it is obvious that DM is near 100% now and he is our best back. Third is that the defense has slowly improved since the RR injury. In particular, they are getting pressure and forcing mistakes. That will be key against TT because stops are hard to come by. OSU forced very few plays and Tech scored TDs *every single time until the game was decided* after spotting the first score on a turnover.

footballfanatic
11/11/2008, 12:59 AM
Why the hell should we care about how the hell you feel?

Because without me, your eternal foe, your victories are meaningless. Without my feelings, your triumphs and failures are empty. Without my sorrows, your wins count naught. Without my gloating, you have nothing to spur you forward. Face it--we are tied together as one, interdependent on each other. Without Texas and it's minions, you have no one to hate.

BoulderSooner79
11/11/2008, 01:21 AM
Because without me, your eternal foe, your victories are meaningless. Without my feelings, your triumphs and failures are empty. Without my sorrows, your wins count naught. Without my gloating, you have nothing to spur you forward. Face it--we are tied together as one, interdependent on each other. Without Texas and it's minions, you have no one to hate.

Pure poetry. But if it's okay with you, I'd like to hate USC too (just as a side project).

footballfanatic
11/11/2008, 01:38 AM
Pure poetry. But if it's okay with you, I'd like to hate USC too (just as a side project).

Yes, an excellent idea. I beg to join you in your quest. I reserve a special place in my day in delighting at any SC misfortune.

OU_Sooners75
11/11/2008, 03:37 AM
Because this game will be 6 hours long in regulation. It is in Norman. And OU is flat out a better team. Need more reasons why OU beats Tech?

TexasLidig8r
11/11/2008, 09:47 AM

OU 51
Tech 48

This may be the most simplistic, parochial posting I have seen in quite some time.

Oh and fanatic.. well played sir. I don't post on here as much as I once did but it is refreshing to see that the baton of reason, insightful dissenting opinions and rapier like wit could be passed to a fellow enlightened Texas alum/fan. Carry on sir.... carry on indeed.

MojoRisen
11/11/2008, 09:52 AM
If we hold Tech under 24 points in the first half, we have a way of adjusting to them and pretty much shutting them down. Similar to Mizzou as well

First half maybe real close, we will be able to keep scoring in the second half.

Texas started shutting down Tech in the 2nd half as well...

footballfanatic
11/11/2008, 10:03 AM
This may be the most simplistic, parochial posting I have seen in quite some time.

Oh and fanatic.. well played sir. I don't post on here as much as I once did but it is refreshing to see that the baton of reason, insightful dissenting opinions and rapier like wit could be passed to a fellow enlightened Texas alum/fan. Carry on sir.... carry on indeed.

Thanks, Lid. Getting an endorsement from you is like getting to apprentice under one of the old Italian Masters. It is huge honor and a grave responsibility that I carry. Posting here from the minority position is something that we carry with us till we die--It's bigger than any of us. It takes a special kind of man without fear to enter this dark place armed with nothing but our faith. You have set a standard too high to reach. Thank you for the selfless work you have done here. You have made this graven house a safer place for decent people everywhere. Know this--I carry both your fight, and the knowledge that wherever a Sooner resides, the name Lid is spoken in hushed tones. Long live Lid!

OKLA21FAN
11/11/2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks, Lid. Getting an endorsement from you is like getting to apprentice under one of the old Italian Masters. It is huge honor and a grave responsibility that I carry. Posting here from the minority position is something that we carry with us till we die--It's bigger than any of us. It takes a special kind of man without fear to enter this dark place armed with nothing but our faith. You have set a standard too high to reach. Thank you for the selfless work you have done here. You have made this graven house a safer place for decent people everywhere. Know this--I carry both your fight, and the knowledge that wherever a Sooner resides, the name Lid is spoken in hushed tones. Long live Lid!get a room!!! you two!!!
:gary:

htownsooner7
11/11/2008, 04:17 PM
Can't wait til Kansas beats you guys Saturday. Don't think it should happen but each of the last two years the whorns have lost a game late that they shouldn't have.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/11/2008, 05:06 PM
No argument about the better team losing sometimes. But using Aggie stats to show how well you did is like the US going to war with North Korea based in we did in Grenada. The comparisons are pointless.

Stats against Aggie have no bearing in how you are going to do against Raider. The Aggies may be the most wretched team in recent big 12 SOuth memory, based on how they should be doing. Call me crazy, but I think Tech is a little more capable on offense than Aggie.

I've heard a lot of Murray in this thread. Is he healthier than he was against Texas, cause all of the Texas pundits assumed he was injured based on his non performance. Perhaps it was the Texas defense being tougher than the previous year. We just don't know.

I haven't decided what is better for Texas, OU or Tech winning. Assume Bama will drop a game to Florida.

I thought reading was elementary in Texas too. I guess not, those second stats (my 2nd post) were from Dallas, where we played your Texas Longhorns, not the team who has beat you two years in a row. I'm was trying to prove that our defense is not as bad as people believe. It was atrocious with Crow in at MLB though. We are the highest ranked Big XII defense, of course, that's without playing TT and OSU yet.

The Murray situation--he's definitely different. Whether it be physically or mentally, he's running better.
vs. the Mocs: 15 carries 124 yards 2 tds 49 long
vs. Cinci: 15 carries 88 yards 1 tds 14 long
@ Washington: 16 carries 100 yards 0 tds 11 long
vs. TCU: 13 carries 23 yards 0 tds 7 long
@ Baylor: 26 carries 96 yards 2 tds 9 long
vs. Texas: 7 carries 6 yards 0 tds 2 long
vs. Kansas: 16 carries 83 yards 2 tds 17 long
@ K-State: 17 carries 104 yards 2 tds 23 long
vs. Nebraska: 14 carries 57 yards 2 tds 10 long
@ Texas A&M: 7 carries 123 yards 0 tds 70 long

The rush Ds are ranked as:
Cinci #25 (DM averaged 5.87 ypc)
Washington #115 (6.25 ypc)
TCU #1 (1.77 ypc)
Baylor #75 (3.69 ypc)
Texas #6 (0.86 ypc)
Kansas #31 (5.19 ypc)
K State #109 (6.12 ypc)
Nebraska #63 (4.07 ypc)
Texas A&M #112 (17.57 ypc)

Texas Tech is ranked #19 nationally and OSU is ranked #32.

What really bothered OU fans earlier in the year was his inability to "break the long one." I think you have to watch the games to see the difference. He has been quicker on kickoff returns (when they have put him back there), and he when Sam has gotten him the ball. You can see the shift started vs #31 ranked KU, and I bet it will continue vs Tech.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/11/2008, 05:17 PM

I posted a long answer. Look at the reply I got. Maybe if all Texas fans weren't **** sucking dooshbag extremes, more people would honor your (err, "fanatic") question with a real answer.

I made that mistake.

BoulderSooner79
11/11/2008, 05:18 PM
Murray is a different back from the one that played against UT. That's one of those things that is tough to show with stats, but is obvious to a football fan that gets to watch him week to week. Until the last few games, he was making anyone miss and his cuts were no where as sharp as last year. I still don't think he is 100%, but getting close. I think his straight line speed and acceleration are 100% as well as his strength, just need to add a few subtle moves. The coaches are using more ways to get him the ball now and he is catching more passes where he gets the ball in space. He also had 2 60 yard kickoff returns against the Huskers. I love watching talented RBs, so it has been fun watching him return to form.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/11/2008, 05:21 PM
Murray is a different back from the one that played against UT. That's one of those things that is tough to show with stats, but is obvious to a football fan that gets to watch him week to week. Until the last few games, he was making anyone miss and his cuts were no where as sharp as last year. I still don't think he is 100%, but getting close. I think his straight line speed and acceleration are 100% as well as his strength, just need to add a few subtle moves. The coaches are using more ways to get him the ball now and he is catching more passes where he gets the ball in space. He also had 2 60 yard kickoff returns against the Huskers. I love watching talented RBs, so it has been fun watching him return to form.

That's exactly what I was trying to say, you just do it so much more eloquently.

OUDoc
11/11/2008, 05:31 PM

Lid wears frilly underwear.

So there.

TexasLidig8r
11/11/2008, 05:33 PM
Lid wears frilly underwear.

So there.

I stole them from your drawer Doc.

oudivesherpa
11/11/2008, 05:36 PM
We will pee in their gatoraide.

Scott D
11/11/2008, 05:50 PM
the only answer is "We're not Texas"

picasso
11/11/2008, 06:41 PM
because we're no Nebraska.

My Opinion Matters
11/11/2008, 07:09 PM
This thread is a practical joke that everyone is in on but me, right?

RIGHT???

TahoeSOONER
11/11/2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks, Lid. Getting an endorsement from you is like getting to apprentice under one of the old Italian Masters. It is huge honor and a grave responsibility that I carry. Posting here from the minority position is something that we carry with us till we die--It's bigger than any of us. It takes a special kind of man without fear to enter this dark place armed with nothing but our faith. You have set a standard too high to reach. Thank you for the selfless work you have done here. You have made this graven house a safer place for decent people everywhere. Know this--I carry both your fight, and the knowledge that wherever a Sooner resides, the name Lid is spoken in hushed tones. Long live Lid!

Next thing you know, they'll be slap assin like they do in Austin. :eek: :mad:

Please take this peversion elsewhere shorthorns.

Alum81
11/11/2008, 07:25 PM

It always amazes me that this is posed as a one sided argument! Do you not think the same is going to apply to Tech? And add to that the fact they are playing on the road in a hostile environment?

Geez, use your lawyer schooling and present a real argument with "just the facts, ma'am". ;)

footballfanatic
11/11/2008, 07:55 PM
Let's summarize the many varied responders to my thread:

Stat guy: Stat guy drowns you in wave after wave of inane stats, which bear no meaning as they were compiled against wildly divergent teams. if OU played the same team every week on the same field, then we have a useful statistical sample. Needless to say, this will not be happening soon.

Strat Guy: Strat guy is a strategy hound, who knows far more than the highly informed coaches who are paid vast sums of money to spend their entire adult lives analyzing football with other experts.

Reactionary guy: Reactionary guy uses simple words, and most of them are profanities directed at followers of other teams. His reasoning usually consists of insightful comments like, "Because we're OU."

EMO Emo sees all life actions as revenge for slights committed years ago. Like an Afghani tribesman, he carries centuries old blood-feuds, and fails to see why OU players are not obsessed with righting that non-holding call from 1977.

Did I leave out anyone besides the angry antiques seller? I can't decide which category to put him in.

jdsooner
11/11/2008, 11:58 PM

It was tongue in cheek, dumb***! You show your typical texas stupidity by taking a joke literally.

And why wasn't Jesus born in Texas?
They couldn't find three wise men and a virgin.

Soonerinatex
11/12/2008, 12:37 AM
Let's summarize the many varied responders to my thread:

Stat guy: Stat guy drowns you in wave after wave of inane stats, which bear no meaning as they were compiled against wildly divergent teams. if OU played the same team every week on the same field, then we have a useful statistical sample. Needless to say, this will not be happening soon.

Strat Guy: Strat guy is a strategy hound, who knows far more than the highly informed coaches who are paid vast sums of money to spend their entire adult lives analyzing football with other experts.

Reactionary guy: Reactionary guy uses simple words, and most of them are profanities directed at followers of other teams. His reasoning usually consists of insightful comments like, "Because we're OU."

EMO Emo sees all life actions as revenge for slights committed years ago. Like an Afghani tribesman, he carries centuries old blood-feuds, and fails to see why OU players are not obsessed with righting that non-holding call from 1977.

Did I leave out anyone besides the angry antiques seller? I can't decide which category to put him in.

Let's break down your predicament;

You're ut.

You're here on our board to try and calm your uneasy feelings about being helpless in the current Big IIV/BCS cluster you have found yourself in because your remaining schedule is weak to the nth. You beat OU on the field (congrats, great game, great win, I was there) but not in a very convincing way for the pollsters it seems. Exciting for ut? Yes. Pollsters, not so fast.

It seems that ut fans are grasping these last few days to understand how they got where they are (understandably, since the system is flawed). I'm still not sure why they are looking to the OU boards for answers but.... they are' or at least fanatic is.

That said: OU and TT game will be huge. I don't think it will come down to the last minute score that ut suffered. I'm not sure that our D can hold them. I do think that our only real advantage is that it's at home, and it's a revenge game. And our offense cans score (seemingly) at will.

ut will be chanting "BOOMER SOONER!" whether they'll admit it or not.

D. Wade
11/12/2008, 01:07 AM
I cannot believe this discussion is even happening, I must be getting old, they are Texas Tech we Are The University of Oklahoma, they may rank ahead of us but we will put more talent on the field, as we always do. Now they may upset US. But Oklahoma beating Tech will be viewed as a given as it already is by so many. So its Tech who will be losing sleep over how to hold the Sooners down, not other way around.

TexasLidig8r
11/12/2008, 09:39 AM
It was tongue in cheek, dumb***! .

We really don't need to hear about your sex life with your sister.

footballfanatic
11/12/2008, 12:15 PM
This thread is a practical joke that everyone is in on but me, right?

RIGHT???

Yes, you have been excluded, yet again.

footballfanatic
11/12/2008, 12:20 PM
Let's break down your predicament;

You're ut.

You're here on our board to try and calm your uneasy feelings about being helpless in the current Big IIV/BCS cluster you have found yourself in because your remaining schedule is weak to the nth. You beat OU on the field (congrats, great game, great win, I was there) but not in a very convincing way for the pollsters it seems. Exciting for ut? Yes. Pollsters, not so fast.

It seems that ut fans are grasping these last few days to understand how they got where they are (understandably, since the system is flawed). I'm still not sure why they are looking to the OU boards for answers but.... they are' or at least fanatic is.

That said: OU and TT game will be huge. I don't think it will come down to the last minute score that ut suffered. I'm not sure that our D can hold them. I do think that our only real advantage is that it's at home, and it's a revenge game. And our offense cans score (seemingly) at will.

ut will be chanting "BOOMER SOONER!" whether they'll admit it or not.

You seem more lucid than the average poster here. I also quite like your even-handedness, which is a rarity in college football circles. It must be from your years of living in Austin. Still, since you do conclude your argument with the "it's a revenge game," line of reasoning, I am officially writing you down in the book as an EMO.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/12/2008, 12:32 PM

Wait. Didn't you just say something about the Longhorns having a hard time with that game because of ****ty calls? I seem to remember a few drive saving calls that you clowns got that saved you despite your 'potential'.

You are a *********.

footballfanatic
11/12/2008, 02:10 PM
Wait. Didn't you just say something about the Longhorns having a hard time with that game because of ****ty calls? I seem to remember a few drive saving calls that you clowns got that saved you despite your 'potential'.

You are a *********.

All of the calls in the OU game were legitimate. It goes without saying that players can't be allowed to mug QB's who are clearly beyond the line...

Also, what is the obsession here with using inappropriate language? I'm putting you down in the book as a Reactionary.

bosworthsteroidmafia
11/12/2008, 02:50 PM
Here is why OU will win:

1. OU is better at the football.
2. Home game.
3. Night game.
4. OU has a better running game.
5. OU has a better passing game.
6. OU is a lot more physical.
7. Remember mizzou last year? same kinda deal.
8. The Defense has been steadily improving and will dominate turnover ratio.
9. We will get lots of pressure on Harrell.
10. Seriously - we are going to run them out of OUr building.

Have fun watching us decide your destiny. :)

Dan Thompson
11/12/2008, 02:57 PM
I will confess, I have my doubts about OU winning against TT. I hope, I would, I guess we can, but we will have to play the best game of the year, kinda like the CCG last year. I hope that BV leaving does not cause a problem with the D.

Soonerinatex
11/13/2008, 12:03 AM
You seem more lucid than the average poster here. I also quite like your even-handedness, which is a rarity in college football circles. It must be from your years of living in Austin. Still, since you do conclude your argument with the "it's a revenge game," line of reasoning, I am officially writing you down in the book as an EMO.

Write it down.

It's an inaccurate conclusion, but, since we'll have all of Austin/ut yelling for us this Saturday, I'll let it slide. I don't have the time or patience to spew out all the reasons OU should beat TT this saturday. Born and raised in Norman so the "revenge game" reasoning is the real deal where I come from.

btw, Austin rocks. I can't believe this city is home to ut.

Vaevictis
11/13/2008, 12:05 AM
All of the calls in the OU game were legitimate. It goes without saying that players can't be allowed to mug QB's who are clearly beyond the line...

Apparently they're not allowed to try to keep them from falling either.

footballfanatic
11/13/2008, 01:58 AM
Write it down.

It's an inaccurate conclusion, but, since we'll have all of Austin/ut yelling for us this Saturday, I'll let it slide. I don't have the time or patience to spew out all the reasons OU should beat TT this saturday. Born and raised in Norman so the "revenge game" reasoning is the real deal where I come from.

btw, Austin rocks. I can't believe this city is home to ut.

The only thing you'll have Austin yelling for you this Saturday is "Get your GED's."

SoonerKnight
11/13/2008, 02:48 AM
Ok, shorthorn football loser or whatever you are. First, the University of Oklahoma Football team is one of the best teams in college football. Our record speaks for itself. Losing to Tech is not an option. With our RB, Wide Receivers, TE, and Fullbacks along with our offensive line we definately have the better team. Our defense did not play so hot at the end of the RR game this year and those puke orange turds won. Now, OU is still the reighning Big XII Champs from 2006 and 2007! We have a record of big wins at home. We have won the Big XII more times than any other team. The shorthorns have won the Big XII once in the last 9 years? Correct? When they did that they went undefeated! Correct? So if history repeats itself as it usually does you can sleep soundly knowing your team will once again be in the cotton bowl. :D

OU_Sooners75
11/13/2008, 03:42 AM
Here is why OU will win:

2. Home game.
3. Night game.

We won't decide their destiny. They have already decided it for them. No matter what happens with our game against Tech, Texas is hoping for both to lose at least one game. Texas is hoping OU beats Tech and OSU beats OU. Then they are hoping Tech loses again. However, that will be pretty hard, unless Baylor drastically improves.

Anyway. Kansas will give Texass all they want and then some. I would not be at all surprised if Texass loses to Kansas this weekend. Ending any thought that they will be in the Big 12 title and a BCS Bowl!

olevetonahill
11/13/2008, 05:05 AM
The only thing you'll have Austin yelling for you this Saturday is "Get your GED's."

**** off dip **** :texan:

picasso
11/13/2008, 11:59 AM

Keep Austin Weird

Keep Norman Dumb

Keep Your Mom Off My Back Porch

Jason White's Third Knee
11/13/2008, 12:38 PM

Also, what is the obsession here with using inappropriate language? I'm putting you down in the book as a Reactionary.

Wrong. Three calls were questionable, at best. My personal opinion is that they changed the probable course of the game. It happens.

If you call trying to keep a qb from falling on his face "mugging a qb", then your credibility is shot. No objectivity at all. The interception in the endzone should have been reviewed carefully. Even you should be able to admit that, though I won't hold my breath. Nothing can be done now, but the announcers were going nuts.

You categorize me as reactionary and I categorize you as a ****** bag. We're both right. I'm guessing you write a lot of books that no one reads.

I don't have any obsession. I call 'em like I see 'em. You, however, need to call teams "longhorn" and "Sooner". How ridiculous. I guess that you think it makes you seem above us little people. Pfft. Yep. We're all buyin' it.

bosworthsteroidmafia
11/13/2008, 01:48 PM
We won't decide their destiny. They have already decided it for them. No matter what happens with our game against Tech, Texas is hoping for both to lose at least one game. Texas is hoping OU beats Tech and OSU beats OU. Then they are hoping Tech loses again. However, that will be pretty hard, unless Baylor drastically improves.

Anyway. Kansas will give Texass all they want and then some. I would not be at all surprised if Texass loses to Kansas this weekend. Ending any thought that they will be in the Big 12 title and a BCS Bowl!

That's a lot of watching and hoping, which was exactly my point.

Ever see a Mangino eat a :texan: ?! :eek:

footballfanatic
11/13/2008, 03:36 PM
Wrong. Three calls were questionable, at best. My personal opinion is that they changed the probable course of the game. It happens.

If you call trying to keep a qb from falling on his face "mugging a qb", then your credibility is shot. No objectivity at all. The interception in the endzone should have been reviewed carefully. Even you should be able to admit that, though I won't hold my breath. Nothing can be done now, but the announcers were going nuts.

You categorize me as reactionary and I categorize you as a ****** bag. We're both right. I'm guessing you write a lot of books that no one reads.

I don't have any obsession. I call 'em like I see 'em. You, however, need to call teams "longhorn" and "Sooner". How ridiculous. I guess that you think it makes you seem above us little people. Pfft. Yep. We're all buyin' it.

Regardless of how you refer to it, the OU player wasn't "trying to keep him from falling," he knew he had screwed up by making contact so far out of bounds and was trying to lesson the impression. Luckily, a ref was close by, and saw the incident. The ref saw it, and he called it, case closed. But that was not the reson Sooner lost. The real reason was because the defense collapsed in the second half and Texas controlled the game. The penalties were the result of frustration--Not flagrant, but penalties regardless.

A reactionary is someone who chooses to use angry language, and sweeping judgments. I can handle the pride and the sweeping judgments, but the improper language is not appropriate here or anywhere. We all (including me--not here, but in real life, truth be told) have to try harder to stop being so profane. We all have to make the effort to be more civil to each other. I love a good insult here, and enjoy the usually-clever ones tossed at me--it's the reason I enjoy posting here.

Anyway, you are a good poster and I enjoy bantering with you. take care.

footballfanatic
11/13/2008, 03:37 PM
**** off dip **** :texan:

However, you sir, have hurt my feelings.

footballfanatic
11/13/2008, 03:40 PM
Ok, shorthorn football loser or whatever you are. First, the University of Oklahoma Football team is one of the best teams in college football. Our record speaks for itself. Losing to Tech is not an option. With our RB, Wide Receivers, TE, and Fullbacks along with our offensive line we definately have the better team. Our defense did not play so hot at the end of the RR game this year and those puke orange turds won. Now, OU is still the reighning Big XII Champs from 2006 and 2007! We have a record of big wins at home. We have won the Big XII more times than any other team. The shorthorns have won the Big XII once in the last 9 years? Correct? When they did that they went undefeated! Correct? So if history repeats itself as it usually does you can sleep soundly knowing your team will once again be in the cotton bowl. :D

Past seasons have no correlation on what will happen this year. past history also says OU loses big games (though not at home, a a rule).

jwlynn64
11/13/2008, 03:59 PM
past history also says OU loses big games (though not at home, a a rule).

Unless they win them. Your sweeping generalization of this situation ignores the fact that OU plays in a lot of big games and just happens to have lost the last few. They have won their fair share as well.

... but the improper language is not appropriate here or anywhere. We all (including me--not here, but in real life, truth be told) have to try harder to stop being so profane. We all have to make the effort to be more civil to each other.

Just wanted to point out that your judgement is probably based on a Judao Christian belief and may not apply to all societies. I think that the moderators are the judge of what is appropriate and not appropriate on this board. Thanks for keeping your judgements to yourself! ;)

tommieharris91
11/13/2008, 04:20 PM
Past seasons have no correlation on what will happen this year. past history also says OU loses big games (though not at home, a a rule).

This is exactly how one contradicts themselves.

picasso
11/13/2008, 04:36 PM

it also says we win conference titles. Just like I told mouthy Texas fan near Victory Park:

You've got to win out! We'll take the back door just like '06.

bitch.

footballfanatic
11/13/2008, 05:27 PM
Unless they win them. Your sweeping generalization of this situation ignores the fact that OU plays in a lot of big games and just happens to have lost the last few. They have won their fair share as well.

Just wanted to point out that your judgment is probably based on a Judao Christian belief and may not apply to all societies. I think that the moderators are the judge of what is appropriate and not appropriate on this board. Thanks for keeping your judgments to yourself! ;)

My belief is based on Judao-Christian beliefs and is based on this society-the one we reside in, not upper Volta. What happens there is not my concern. Saying the modrators are in charge of legistlating what is proper here or not is removing ourselves from personal responsibility. if the head of a robber band declares what is correct in his band, does that make it correct? Possibliy, but not ness. I am sure the moderators would back me in saying that there should be no place here for foul language, and extremely nasty personal attacks. Now if they could do something about politics, which are really compromised.

And yes OU is good. If they weren't I wouldn't be here. What Iowa State fans think doesn't interest me.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/13/2008, 05:29 PM
Lid has passed the torch huh?

Lid would never make that mistake

footballfanatic
11/13/2008, 05:41 PM
Lid has passed the torch huh?

Lid would never make that mistake

Yes, Lid has passed the torch, or rather it was ripped from him. Like a heaven-sent prairie fire, I sweep across this unholy place, unstoppable, smiting the hapless forces arrayed before me.
Look how the posts and views for this thread currently dwarf all others!!! I am the behemoth that bestrides the world. I am become death, conquerer of worlds!!!!!

Well, actually, this is way more fun than working on our presentation due to client on Monday.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/13/2008, 06:05 PM
Regardless of how you refer to it, the OU player wasn't "trying to keep him from falling," he knew he had screwed up by making contact so far out of bounds and was trying to lesson the impression. Luckily, a ref was close by, and saw the incident. The ref saw it, and he called it, case closed. But that was not the reson Sooner lost. The real reason was because the defense collapsed in the second half and Texas controlled the game. The penalties were the result of frustration--Not flagrant, but penalties regardless.

A reactionary is someone who chooses to use angry language, and sweeping judgments. I can handle the pride and the sweeping judgments, but the improper language is not appropriate here or anywhere. We all (including me--not here, but in real life, truth be told) have to try harder to stop being so profane. We all have to make the effort to be more civil to each other. I love a good insult here, and enjoy the usually-clever ones tossed at me--it's the reason I enjoy posting here.

Anyway, you are a good poster and I enjoy bantering with you. take care.
\

Case closed? Then why are we talking about it? Why did you bring up the calls in your game?

The fouls were ticky tack and a quick look at the replays (which I have done many times) show that the calls can be disputed. Your assessment of the fouls being frustration related is pure hogwash. The fouls were on the texas sidelines thrown by a judge that only saw the contact from behind. That completely obscured the hands and intent. I think I am more frusterated than the players were. Both teams were unusually cordial.

Look, I have no problem with the refs (flawed as they may be) calling the game and living with the decisions. The fact is that the game was a good hard fought game and the penalties were pivotal for the horns. They came on third downs and the interception? Wow.

Again, great game and I think the horns are damned good. They won. Saying that penalties were an issue in your game and not in this one is absurd. I have little doubt that if any of these plays were reviewed (only one was reviewable) they could have been overturned and that could have swayed momentum and time of possesion. OU wins the 4th qtr and game over.

I'd love to tell you how fun your are to post with, but honestly, I am posting because your posts have been arrogant and condescending. Even when you attempt to spread your grace with the complements and the "can't we christians all get along" motif, I feel splattered with charientism.

You are an anonymus troll and that's ok. You are a homer and that's ok. You aren't making any arguments that I can respect.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/13/2008, 06:50 PM
Yes, Lid has passed the torch, or rather it was ripped from him. Like a heaven-sent prairie fire, I sweep across this unholy place, unstoppable, smiting the hapless forces arrayed before me.
Look how the posts and views for this thread currently dwarf all others!!! I am the behemoth that bestrides the world. I am become death, conquerer of worlds!!!!!

Well, actually, this is way more fun than working on our presentation due to client on Monday.

You use your tongue prettier than a 20 dollar whore

tommieharris91
11/13/2008, 06:52 PM
You use your tongue prettier than a 20 dollar whore

You get what you pay for.

footballfanatic
11/13/2008, 07:49 PM
\

Case closed? Then why are we talking about it? Why did you bring up the calls in your game?

The fouls were ticky tack and a quick look at the replays (which I have done many times) show that the calls can be disputed. Your assessment of the fouls being frustration related is pure hogwash. The fouls were on the texas sidelines thrown by a judge that only saw the contact from behind. That completely obscured the hands and intent. I think I am more frusterated than the players were. Both teams were unusually cordial.

Look, I have no problem with the refs (flawed as they may be) calling the game and living with the decisions. The fact is that the game was a good hard fought game and the penalties were pivotal for the horns. They came on third downs and the interception? Wow.

Again, great game and I think the horns are damned good. They won. Saying that penalties were an issue in your game and not in this one is absurd. I have little doubt that if any of these plays were reviewed (only one was reviewable) they could have been overturned and that could have swayed momentum and time of possesion. OU wins the 4th qtr and game over.

I'd love to tell you how fun your are to post with, but honestly, I am posting because your posts have been arrogant and condescending. Even when you attempt to spread your grace with the complements and the "can't we christians all get along" motif, I feel splattered with charientism.

You are an anonymus troll and that's ok. You are a homer and that's ok. You aren't making any arguments that I can respect.

I have way too many posts to be called a troll. And yes, OU played a hard game and frankly, I'm surprised we won. Most fans were surprised to see how good is this year, though our team may have peaked--they have certainly had their injuries. I think you do enjoy posting with me--saying my posts are arrogant and condescending puts me with around 89% of the other posts.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/13/2008, 09:31 PM
I have way too many posts to be called a troll. And yes, OU played a hard game and frankly, I'm surprised we won. Most fans were surprised to see how good is this year, though our team may have peaked--they have certainly had their injuries. I think you do enjoy posting with me--saying my posts are arrogant and condescending puts me with around 89% of the other posts.

Troll is a relative term. If you post a provocative headline and then dismiss most of the relevant discussion, what's the point? The silly Rhyner-esque usage of the singular of the team mascot, knowing full well that it's annoying, says to me that you are picking a fight. Then peering down your nose while categorizing posters...

The use of made up statistics... well, I'll put you down as a Blevins.

I suspect you hold dear to bad calls in the Tech game while not acknowledging the iffy calls of the RRS. They were iffy and critical. Wierd?

Crimson_Balls
11/14/2008, 12:52 AM
I think Tech will fold under pressue on the road. This is the first season under Leach or anytime they've been sitting in the drivers seat to win a Big XII and/or BCS National Championship.

Norman hosts a team with seven NC's and five Big XII championships. History repeats itself, and there's a reason why OU is leading the league in conference titles and national championships. Do the shorthorns miss the SW Conference?

The Sooners have the advantage because of:

1. Better Athletes
2. Better Coaching
3. Home Field Advantage (80,000+ drunk or rowdy fans)

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2008, 03:39 AM
Fanatic...what makes you think you will beat Kansas this Saturday?

TexasLidig8r
11/14/2008, 08:51 AM
Ever notice how Lid and Fanatic don't post at the same time... and..

Their posting styles are somewhat similar...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

stoops the eternal pimp
11/14/2008, 09:38 AM
Ever notice how STEP and Lid don't post at the same time... and..

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jason White's Third Knee
11/14/2008, 09:41 AM
Ever notice how Lid and Fanatic don't post at the same time... and..

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ever notice how Fanatic likes Lid waayyyyyyyyy too much?

You make a good point lid. I have the same concern with Ronnie James Dio, Klaus Meine, and (the late) Kevin Dubrow.

I also wonder about Cher and Paul Stanley.

Well, if you are the same guy, you might consider getting into a "Fight Club" type altercation with yourself.

BoulderSooner79
11/14/2008, 10:49 AM
Hey! Nobody talks about fight club.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/14/2008, 11:26 AM
Hey! Nobody talks about fight club.

Come on. This would be good. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ItlEbJZumA) But yeah, that's the first rule.

8timechamps
11/14/2008, 12:30 PM
footballfanatic is a troll. No doubt about it.

I'm guessing Okie state fan. But, could be a tech fan.

What a joke.

What gave it away? When he mentioned "college football circles"...classic!

Jason White's Third Knee
11/14/2008, 02:50 PM
Seriously, I think Lid just let us know.

Dang it.

TexasLidig8r
11/14/2008, 04:31 PM
Seriously, I think Lid just let us know.

Dang it.

YEAH.. uh... no.

Have never had a troll name.

Just the one.. the only..

LID...

Super Genius!:D

OKLA21FAN
11/14/2008, 04:47 PM
YEAH.. uh... no.

Have never had a troll name.

Just the one.. the only..

LID...

Super Genius!:D
and all this time, I was thinking you were transplanted to the Hill country, worked at a mall cap shop chain and was really a UF fan. Sorry for all the confusion! :pop:

footballfanatic
11/15/2008, 12:07 AM
I don't recall mentioning bad calls in the Tech game, but it's really late and I'm still at the office working on our hellish presentation. I may have. How can I possibly be referred to as a troll? I've been posting here on a regular for three years. Lid passed the baton--a man of Lid's stature doesn't pass the baton to a troll. I just asked legitimate questions, and I got good answers, but I also got lots of weird, delusional stuff as well, (example, OU has the most balanced offense in the country) I also find the humorous "we're really getting going now"--after playing Baylor. And there was the weird email from the angry antiques dealer--We are currently studying that and will provide an explanation at the proper time.

Kisses, all.

Crimson_Balls
11/15/2008, 12:12 AM
Kisses, all.

Will you kiss my balls?

josh09
11/15/2008, 12:47 AM
Our running game has improved since the Texas game. I think we just need to drop 50 on them, then we'll win.....maybe :D

olevetonahill
11/15/2008, 12:53 AM
Why Yall waistin time with this Idiot ?
Who gives a **** what he thinks .:rolleyes:

8timechamps
11/17/2008, 12:06 PM
I don't recall mentioning bad calls in the Tech game, but it's really late and I'm still at the office working on our hellish presentation. I may have. How can I possibly be referred to as a troll? I've been posting here on a regular for three years. Lid passed the baton--a man of Lid's stature doesn't pass the baton to a troll. I just asked legitimate questions, and I got good answers, but I also got lots of weird, delusional stuff as well, (example, OU has the most balanced offense in the country) I also find the humorous "we're really getting going now"--after playing Baylor. And there was the weird email from the angry antiques dealer--We are currently studying that and will provide an explanation at the proper time.

Kisses, all.

Seriously, drop the act. It's obvious you're a troll.

A real poster wouldn't act like this. Even a horn fan.

The jig's up.

SoonerSoph
11/17/2008, 03:47 PM
Well, thanks for the backhanded compliment, I suppose. I'm not sure why my post is stupid, since no one in any of the other beloved threads you mention has successfully provided an answer to my question. However, I did enjoy your thread purely for other reasons. It's somewhat poetic, in an E.E. Cummings sort of a way.

It's e. e. cummings whorn.

Piware
11/23/2008, 01:37 AM

First, let me say that I hope you are still holding your nose and, after the demolition derby that was OU-TT, you have sustained some cerebral damage from oxygen deprivation or have finally mastered that fine old Texas art of mouth breathing.

As to how the Sooners would do it? A picture (or 4 quarters of pictures) is worth a thousand words - ANY MORE QUESTIONS????

OU_Sooners75
11/23/2008, 02:14 AM
Crow....its what's for dinner!

http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2006/08/eating_crow.jpg

JLEW1818
11/23/2008, 02:17 AM
Hey Raider your not BCS level ,and never will be

tommieharris91
11/23/2008, 02:19 AM
Wait for this guy to come back and ask us how to beat sheep******.

bosworthsteroidmafia
11/23/2008, 02:21 AM
Here is why OU will win:

2. Home game.
3. Night game.

Any more questions?!

BOOMER!!!

Curly Bill
11/23/2008, 02:22 AM
Hey Raider your not BCS level ,and never will be

You do rememeber they beat us just last year? We wore their *** out tonight, but they're not so inept as some of you are talking smack about.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/23/2008, 12:46 PM
Hey, we squeaked by Tech! Woohoo!

JLEW1818
8/1/2009, 04:29 PM
great thread :D

meoveryouxinfinity
8/1/2009, 05:42 PM
i was sweatin' bullets in this game. Oh the wisdom of a Texan.. priceless.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/1/2009, 06:03 PM
Yes, you have been excluded, yet again.

funny, coming from a whorn!!

hahahaha!

SoonerKnight
8/1/2009, 06:29 PM
ha ha

Scott D
8/1/2009, 07:33 PM
the only answer is "We're not *Texas*"

game...set...match all in one post.

htownsooner7
8/1/2009, 09:15 PM
This thread is very enjoyable. As I read football fanatic's arrogant posts, it provides such great joy to think about how much agony he was in last December. He yelled at the unfairness of the world, swore off the BCS, swore off the Big 12, and was generally just a bitc* about life. Look back at his smugness and insults to our responses. What a prick. In the end, he got the win we guaranteed him and remained the little punk a** that he is. So delightful.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/1/2009, 09:44 PM
This thread is very enjoyable. As I read football fanatic's arrogant posts, it provides such great joy to think about how much agony he was in last December. He yelled at the unfairness of the world, swore off the BCS, swore off the Big 12, and was generally just a bitc* about life. Look back at his smugness and insults to our responses. What a prick. In the end, he got the win we guaranteed him and remained the little punk a** that he is. So delightful.

that game doesn't deserve to be called a "win". it was an *** kicking of epic proportions.

MR2-Sooner86
8/1/2009, 10:55 PM
that game doesn't deserve to be called a "win". it was an *** kicking of epic proportions.

Yes, they got SERVED!

JLEW1818
8/1/2009, 10:56 PM
lol, this thread is fun.. i figured it was about the right time i went to go find it again!

rainiersooner
8/2/2009, 08:17 AM
Where's fanatic??? What a great thread.

SoonerBacker
8/2/2009, 08:39 AM

He and Lid are just being typical Whorns. They come here - whine, beeach, and moan. Then, when they are proven wrong, they just fade away - get busy at work or something!

soonerloyal
8/2/2009, 09:21 AM
Hey, Widescreen, spek for makin' me laugh on a bad day. Even if it's with an old post.

oudivesherpa
8/2/2009, 12:03 PM

Fanatic still has his head up his a** looking for fairness, claiming to be the Big XII Champions and all he's finding is orange hemorrhoids.

Jacie
8/2/2009, 12:38 PM
For the record:

11/22/08

OU 65
TT 21

Going in:

OU ranked #5
TT ranked #2

TT scoring avg. 44.6 ppg
TT scored on avg. 26.3 ppg

meoveryouxinfinity
8/2/2009, 02:53 PM
For the record:

11/22/08

OU 65
TT 21

Going in:

OU ranked #5
TT ranked #2

TT scoring avg. 44.6 ppg
TT scored on avg. 26.3 ppg

ok look at you "stat guy"
hahaha! :P

Landthief 1972
8/5/2009, 11:04 AM
Did anybody check fanatic's house for a suicide after he found out the UT rep voted to keep the 3-way tiebreaker in place that "screwed" Uterus last year?

GottaHavePride
8/5/2009, 11:58 AM
I'm still giggling over the original post's lack of pluralization.

I mean "Why Sooner beat Raider? Longhorn no like, but if Sooner beat Raider help Longhorn, it OK."

Hilarious.

Collier11
8/5/2009, 12:02 PM
You do rememeber they beat us just last year? We wore their *** out tonight, but they're not so inept as some of you are talking smack about.

They havent been and still arent BCS level

stoops the eternal pimp
8/5/2009, 12:04 PM
Mongo like candy

cheezyq
8/5/2009, 03:41 PM
1. You are Sooner, Aggie is Aggie.

2. Please elaborate.

3. I know, I know, you "owe" them, but in your last end of the world, "revenge" game against them two years ago, you were behind much of the game, and your win wasn't a traditional "all wrongs are righted" affair, so i discount that thinking.

1. Good point. I'll return the favor and call you what you are - Loser.

2. We'll score LOTS more points?

3. When did you last beat Tech?

Edit: NM. I'm out of it today. Old dang post snuck up on me.

htownsooner7
8/5/2009, 04:34 PM
I'm still giggling over the original post's lack of pluralization.

I mean "Why Sooner beat Raider? Longhorn no like, but if Sooner beat Raider help Longhorn, it OK."

Hilarious.

Because he's that loser that dresses up in his khaki pants, tucked in burnt orange Texas athletics collared shirt, and sunglasses with the band around the neck, that despite of his appearance and outlook on life, actually thinks he's cooler than the rest of us.

JLEW1818
8/5/2009, 05:21 PM
orange .ewwww

the word does not eve rhyme either

JLEW1818
8/15/2011, 11:05 AM
:D i loved this thread

NormanPride
8/15/2011, 11:11 AM
Mongo like candy
Priceless. This game is one that will make me smile for as long as I live. :D